To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question???

Originally Posted By: DesertRamAssuming they are willing to contribute respectfully and adhere to the terms of service that the rest of us do, I'd sure like to see a bunch of them return too! This place has been home for some interesting, funny, and knowledgeable folks and could be again.

That will surely get them to come back. Might be the reason they left in the first place. People like you might be better off without them anyway! But, then there is the site, they need them, they are the people that made this site great in the first place. We see where the site went without them.

Originally Posted By: skinneyI think the Respectful aspect may be out the window with some. That name rings a bell regarding an aggressive first responder on my FB page. Telling me how I was doing everything wrong by calling with a crosswind or into the wind, not using my scent cone and calling downwind.

I believe I banned that guy.

Excellent start.
Ban someone that you don't agree with?

Originally Posted By: IcedteaOriginally Posted By: skinneyI think the Respectful aspect may be out the window with some. That name rings a bell regarding an aggressive first responder on my FB page. Telling me how I was doing everything wrong by calling with a crosswind or into the wind, not using my scent cone and calling downwind.

I believe I banned that guy.

Excellent start.
Ban someone that you don't agree with?

Yep, I banned him on my Facebook page, same as I do the people who issue death threats. I don't have time for guys like that, who continuously waste their life commenting on something they hate (which in this case was me). You don't see me wasting my life criticizing, degrading, hating on guys who don't do it like I do, WHO CARES. Spend your time bettering yourself, instead of hating on guys that are on the same ship, just because they may do it better or differently than you.

edited to add: I'll unban him on my FB page, it's got almost 70K now and I can't control the lunacy that goes on in the comment section anymore. I'll even chat with the admin, let him back on here (if he's even banned).

I was one of the 'old timers' who got arse fiked by the old administration. Nobody has ever driven a deeper wedge between hunters then the Red Fraud himself. What a 'playah'....5'4" tall and 5'4" wide running that infamous "wolf hunt scam" taking deposits and no hunt....then of course you had the foxpro suckups also in on getting others banned

To ever get this site even close to what it was, you need to feed redfrog, mock and a few others to the hogs. Otherwise, with these creeps lurking in the backroom, then the "skinney" and "daa" supposed friendly takeover is nothing but a joke

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IcedteaOriginally Posted By: DesertRamAssuming they are willing to contribute respectfully and adhere to the terms of service that the rest of us do, I'd sure like to see a bunch of them return too! This place has been home for some interesting, funny, and knowledgeable folks and could be again.

That will surely get them to come back. Might be the reason they left in the first place. People like you might be better off without them anyway! But, then there is the site, they need them, they are the people that made this site great in the first place. We see where the site went without them.

I'm afraid I don't understand your antagonism. Is there an issue engaging in respectful dialog? We don't need to verbally abuse each other to share hunts and freely exchange ideas. That's all the TOS lays out - you read it.

Define "people like me." I welcome anyone who wants to be a contributing member. I have no axe to grind. Comparatively, I'm new to the admin side here, but have been here for more than 20 years as a member. I've seen the good and bad and want all the good we can get.

Originally Posted By: Speedy BeeI was one of the 'old timers' who got arse fiked by the old administration. Nobody has ever driven a deeper wedge between hunters then the Red Fraud himself. What a 'playah'....5'4" tall and 5'4" wide running that infamous "wolf hunt scam" taking deposits and no hunt....then of course you had the foxpro suckups also in on getting others banned

To ever get this site even close to what it was, you need to feed redfrog, mock and a few others to the hogs. Otherwise, with these creeps lurking in the backroom, then the "skinney" and "daa" supposed friendly takeover is nothing but a joke

Well, welcome back. It's not a takeover, it's a recalibration. An opportunity to improve, to better the predator hunting community. Learn from the past, but leave it there and look forward.

Originally Posted By: borkon One question I have is...
James, you and crew do quite a bit or swearing on your videos yet we can't even post the words h==l, or a$$ on this site.

This is 2023. A kid watching/reading this forum aint gonna be offended (and if they are)
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
Gotta admit, I've mostly quit posting on outdoors forums.
Once a "Mod" puts you in his bullseye, it ruins it.

I really doubt even with a total site re_vamp, you'll get very few (if any) past respected/knowledgeable members back.

Personally if I were you with the passion/vision you have, I'd just start your own site.

100% agree. The damage caused by the redfrauds has left an awful stank and the true blue "real" hunters (the exact types that the redfraud brigade wanted to run off) have long memories and good noses.

So, yes, start up a new site and let this dumpster fire smolder. reb8600 would also be a good one to leave behind

Originally Posted By: Cal TaylorAt Skinneys request and because of the chance to make this a new and better place, with some of the old moderators and directors gone, I'll give it a chance. I'm back.

wow, that is great and i mean it. welcome back!

Originally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: IcedteaOriginally Posted By: DesertRamAssuming they are willing to contribute respectfully and adhere to the terms of service that the rest of us do, I'd sure like to see a bunch of them return too! This place has been home for some interesting, funny, and knowledgeable folks and could be again.

I'm afraid I don't understand your antagonism. Is there an issue engaging in respectful dialog? We don't need to verbally abuse each other to share hunts and freely exchange ideas. That's all the TOS lays out - you read it.

Define "people like me." I welcome anyone who wants to be a contributing member. I have no axe to grind. Comparatively, I'm new to the admin side here, but have been here for more than 20 years as a member. I've seen the good and bad and want all the good we can get.

In your first post, you insinuated that all the "old guys" that were banned must have deserved it. You would be lucky to have them back, if you can figure a way to make that happen.
"People like you". Now that you asked, I feel like I should address that. You have been here TOO long, you know the old ways this site was run and think they worked then, so why not now. You are not doing us a favor by letting us post on this site, we are doing you a favor by posting here. Treat the members with respect, they might just return the favor.
I can see by your post that you want to take a direct hand in moderating. Some posts don't need to be moderated, its just your way of exercising your power over the membership. This site needs new blood, people that don't have a history with a failing site.

People that run this site should be judged by their history, whether they were successful in what they chose for a vocation. Do they have the right attitude, are they open minded enough to try new ideas. People know this site is over moderated and by the wrong moderators. I'm sure I'm wasting my time and yours.

Icedtea I’m curious why you’re here. From an outsider looking in it seems as though you came here to stir the pot more than came here to be constructive. You have 16 posts of which are mostly critical of the fact that there are guys here to make some changes. Whether those changes are for the better or not, is yet to be seen. But let’s at the very least stand by and give these guys a chance. It’s better than staying with the old ways which you clearly were not impressed with.

Originally Posted By: Cal TaylorAt Skinneys request and because of the chance to make this a new and better place, with some of the old moderators and directors gone, I'll give it a chance. I'm back.

Thanks for coming back Cal…I, for one, don’t care to hash over the past…I want to focus on a bigger, brighter future for PM.

I'll be tickled pink to see this site come back.

Stories,pictures, knowledge,rookies.

Us oldies remember when it was just plain FUN to visit this site daily.
But I still absolutely hate lite V_Max bullets for coyotes. (Grin)

Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWAIcedtea I’m curious why you’re here. From an outsider looking in it seems as though you came here to stir the pot more than came here to be constructive. You have 16 posts of which are mostly critical of the fact that there are guys here to make some changes. Whether those changes are for the better or not, is yet to be seen. But let’s at the very least stand by and give these guys a chance. It’s better than staying with the old ways which you clearly were not impressed with.

Thanks Yote…we’ll stated…

I will respond to some of the comments…

The change in leadership was not friendly takeover by Skinney or DAA…I was the only director left after Jeff and Redfrog resigned…the only unilateral decision that was made was to tap Stu as the 2nd director…from then until now and going forward, things are done by vote of the BOD.

Things that did/did not happen in the past are just that…in the past.

I am sorry that folks left and I am glad to see some “old timers” return…I think they can have something to offer…and Desert Ram is right, we will welcome them back as long as they can be respectful…I don’t think we want/need PM spiraling into the mud slinging site that Facebook has become

We want to continue moving PM in a positive direction and to fulfill the vision of Will Craig…more advocacy, mentoring, more shows, conventions, etc…to do that we need to create a community atmosphere…foul language doesn’t intimidate nor shocks me…but just because I tolerate it doesn’t make it right…while i agree that some kids might be used to worse language, it still isn’t right nor does it build our community so will monitor it and help curb it…

That’s NOT the BOD or Mods exercising control over the membership, that’s being respectful to those who don’t use that language…no you might be the best at what you do and that still doesn’t give you a pass on language…as for over moderated, I’d rather have moderators working to improve PM than to allow it to devolve into a never ending bash site where kids, families and other organizations avoid PM because of a few members who can’t steer clear of that language…

I’m not judging or stirring the pot I just want to clear the air so we can continue growing our community…

I don't have much more to contribute to this thread or any constructive feedback on things I'd personally like to see change on this website. Except for one thing. The ease of posting pictures here. I've told stories of hunts along with a picture of a bobcat or two in years past. But it was a real hassle. Not that I'm blaming anyone or being a jerk about it. And maybe it's just because I'm not the most technologically advanced individual alive but I've had some pretty cool hunts that'd be a lot better if I had a picture to post along with it.

The number one gripe I've had on here besides that is people who get on here and cut down others who do have a lot to contribute and run them off. Oddly enough, they're guys that posted pictures of a lot of dead stuff in most of those cases. But we all know what that is. For some reason it seems like people take it as a personal attack if someone post a picture of more than one coyote laying out there.

Originally Posted By: IcedteaOriginally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: IcedteaOriginally Posted By: DesertRamAssuming they are willing to contribute respectfully and adhere to the terms of service that the rest of us do, I'd sure like to see a bunch of them return too! This place has been home for some interesting, funny, and knowledgeable folks and could be again.

In your first post, you insinuated that all the "old guys" that were banned must have deserved it. You would be lucky to have them back, if you can figure a way to make that happen.
"People like you". Now that you asked, I feel like I should address that. You have been here TOO long, you know the old ways this site was run and think they worked then, so why not now. You are not doing us a favor by letting us post on this site, we are doing you a favor by posting here. Treat the members with respect, they might just return the favor.
I can see by your post that you want to take a direct hand in moderating. Some posts don't need to be moderated, its just your way of exercising your power over the membership. This site needs new blood, people that don't have a history with a failing site.

People that run this site should be judged by their history, whether they were successful in what they chose for a vocation. Do they have the right attitude, are they open minded enough to try new ideas. People know this site is over moderated and by the wrong moderators. I'm sure I'm wasting my time and yours.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I disagree with some of what you say, and think you're putting words in my mouth, but such is life. Stick around and you'll see I'm one of the lightest-handed moderators here. I have no interest in over-moderating. Good discussion is rarely a waste of time. Good day.

I have nothing to do with management or moderation. I'm just here as a normal member. I'm not going to dive into the past goings on here concerning me or anyone else. The guys in that picture are friends and I'd trust any one of them with anything. Skinny has no motives other than to make this an enjoyable place again and improve what others have built. Some people try to build things up and others try to tear things down. We all get to pick which side we are on.

Bring back Doggin' Coyotes. He not only knew how to kill coyotes but his wit and style was a lot of fun. In the old days we had some characters with flair around this place. We joked around and ribbed each other and checking PM was something to look forward to. Take out the good natured goofing and we are a dull place to visit.

Originally Posted By: Cal TaylorI have nothing to do with management or moderation. I'm just here as a normal member. I'm not going to dive into the past goings on here concerning me or anyone else. The guys in that picture are friends and I'd trust any one of them with anything. Skinny has no motives other than to make this an enjoyable place again and improve what others have built. Some people try to build things up and others try to tear things down. We all get to pick which side we are on.

You aren't normal... we all know that.
smile.gif
Good to see you back.

Speedy Bee is a member for 1 day and is right at the personal attacks?

Old ax to grind? lol

Please post a recent picture of yourself so we all can understand your fears.

Accepting others as they are is a sign of maturity.

Welcome to PM. I'm the new PM therapist. lol

Back