To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question???

Originally Posted By: IcedteaIn the months this thread has been going, nothing has changed, except for the guys applying for the "boss" jobs got them. Its sad that redfrog was allowed to resign after absolutely destroying the site, starting when R.B. turned it over to him.

Preserving old content, whats that mean, the content written by the guys that really had something to offer, the ones redfrog banned? Oh, I know they were bad people, and were voted off by the staff. The same staff that had their noses up redfrogs butt. I remember when L.B. was sent packing as well as R.R. and others not that were bad, but they dared to buck redfrog, and, they were staff not just a members. Most staff members were intimidated, they wanted the job and kept their mouth shut like the cowards they were.

The site is here, massive changes can be made right now. Invite the banned members back. Post a message to them on site as well as an Email. Most won't come back as redfrog is still a mod here. Time will tell. But, if you don't do anything, nothing will change from the current status. You are at the bottom, either start swimming or you will drown. You need members. redfrog said once, "if they don't like it they can leave, we'll get new members" That was said in mod area, around 2009 or so if you want to look it up.

This site is not down because of the lack of posted knowledge, its purely management. Look at everything redfrog put in place and undo most of it ASAP.

The word sensor is grossly overused, Have you gone to a movie lately, the language there is appalling by some standards. Here, [beeep] is probably being blocked.

I read this whole thread twice. There is some very good information and suggestions in it, time to do it.

I have been tasked with finding guys to help support this place, with funds, it's not easy nowadays literally talking on the phone to the head marketing director for any major manufacturer that could potentially pay for the site upgrade.

We have the wheels turning, I've been on the phone off and on with multiple people trying to earn their support. All of us BOD's have kids, or a day job, or other jobs we have to attend to. This is going to be a process, and we appreciate your concern, and your perspective here.
You are not wrong, we needed to have this done last year, unfortunately it's going to take time and money.

By all means keep filling us up with more info, what you guys would like to see happen and when. We are trying.

Also some things have changed a bit. We are noticing higher traffic regarding members, we have gained over 100 in the past 28 days, I suspect this will slowly increase as our plans unfold.

There are plenty of changes that can be made to better the forum. Those changes start from the top and work their way down to the bottom.

What I am getting at is it is up to all of us to better the forums. So ask yourself, “ what am I doing to better this place”. I believe that is just as important as what our BODs choose to do from here. Are you taking the time to answer those questions that member ask? Are you putting in the effort to document your hunts and do a write up? Are you giving constructive criticism to better this place.? Or are you someone that comes here looking to soak up whatever benefits you but gives nothing in return?

Let’s all put in a little effort if we want things to get better. After all it could always be worse. We could be talking politics and religion instead.

Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWAThere are plenty of changes that can be made to better the forum. Those changes start from the top and work their way down to the bottom.

What I am getting at is it is up to all of us to better the forums. So ask yourself, “ what am I doing to better this place”. I believe that is just as important as what our BODs choose to do from here. Are you taking the time to answer those questions that member ask? Are you putting in the effort to document your hunts and do a write up? Are you giving constructive criticism to better this place.? Or are you someone that comes here looking to soak up whatever benefits you but gives nothing in return?

Excellent input, thank you. I mentioned in another post that this place is a reflection of its membership as much as its leadership. You guys make this place. More contributions only serve to enrich the overall experience.

Quote:Let’s all put in a little effort if we want things to get better. After all it could always be worse. We could be talking politics and religion instead.

Oh, there's a forum for that too...
smile.gif

One question I have is...
James, you and crew do quite a bit or swearing on your videos yet we can't even post the words h==l, or a$$ on this site.

This is 2023. A kid watching/reading this forum aint gonna be offended (and if they are)
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
Gotta admit, I've mostly quit posting on outdoors forums.
Once a "Mod" puts you in his bullseye, it ruins it.

I really doubt even with a total site re_vamp, you'll get very few (if any) past respected/knowledgeable members back.

Personally if I were you with the passion/vision you have, I'd just start your own site.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWAThere are plenty of changes that can be made to better the forum. Those changes start from the top and work their way down to the bottom.

Let’s all put in a little effort if we want things to get better. After all it could always be worse. We could be talking politics and religion instead.

100000% Spot on, very well said!

Originally Posted By: borkon One question I have is...
James, you and crew do quite a bit or swearing on your videos yet we can't even post the words h==l, or a$$ on this site.

This is 2023. A kid watching/reading this forum aint gonna be offended (and if they are)
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
Gotta admit, I've mostly quit posting on outdoors forums.
Once a "Mod" puts you in his bullseye, it ruins it.

I really doubt even with a total site re_vamp, you'll get very few (if any) past respected/knowledgeable members back.

Personally if I were you with the passion/vision you have, I'd just start your own site.

I don't disagree with what you are saying.

I stand opposed to swearing/cursing by anyone who does so in order to express themselves. Does the use of those words make you feel bigger, stronger, more masculine or braver or more dedicated? Would you use those words if you were talking to your mother, wife or child? As adults we have a moral responsibility to set good examples in our speech and conduct.

Good grief! Is that acceptable vernacular?
smile.gif

I use profanity at times, I do try to not use it too much, especially in front of certain people.

Quote:Does the use of those words make you feel bigger, stronger, more masculine or braver or more dedicated?

Nope, do you feel more erudite preaching about it? Lighten up, this is a hunting site where people often kill things, hopefully a few foul words wont destroy someone morals.

I think there is a time and place for emphatic profanity but it isn't in stores, and public place where you don't know those around you. I just cringe when I hear someone in a store screaming profanity into his phone. My daughter 40 years old said one day "I didn't know you would swear", I had accidently Butt dialed her while chewing out one of my idiot drivers. Things went right over his head unless you let him know you were totally fed up with hime.

At Skinneys request and because of the chance to make this a new and better place, with some of the old moderators and directors gone, I'll give it a chance. I'm back.

Originally Posted By: Cal TaylorAt Skinneys request and because of the chance to make this a new and better place, with some of the old moderators and directors gone, I'll give it a chance. I'm back.

Cal, thanks, and welcome back. We're looking forward to a bright future and we're glad to have you here as part of that.

Originally Posted By: 22magnum22I stand opposed to swearing/cursing by anyone who does so in order to express themselves. Does the use of those words make you feel bigger, stronger, more masculine or braver or more dedicated? Would you use those words if you were talking to your mother, wife or child? As adults we have a moral responsibility to set good examples in our speech and conduct.

I agree with you. I don't think I'll be able to bench or squat any more than last week by cussing on set this week. BUT a lot of times men do men things, especially when the thrill of the hunt mixed with adrenaline and the art of success are combined, most of the time it's not in the presence of my mother or wife, but with my guys. I do have kids and like I said above I agree with you. I get more guys that want me to leave our videos raw with whats being said, than those who want it censored.

Originally Posted By: SoftpointIf you don't cuss it's because you don't own a Ford pickup truck!

Come on now
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Cal TaylorAt Skinneys request and because of the chance to make this a new and better place, with some of the old moderators and directors gone, I'll give it a chance. I'm back.

This is Awesome to hear and see. I hope you are an active contributor here again Cal, I know a lot of people appreciate and acknowledge the experience you bring here.
Thank you.

Nice! Good to have you here Cal. Welcome!

- DAA

Assuming they are willing to contribute respectfully and adhere to the terms of service that the rest of us do, I'd sure like to see a bunch of them return too! This place has been home for some interesting, funny, and knowledgeable folks and could be again.

I think the Respectful aspect may be out the window with some. That name rings a bell regarding an aggressive first responder on my FB page. Telling me how I was doing everything wrong by calling with a crosswind or into the wind, not using my scent cone and calling downwind.

I believe I banned that guy.

Thank you for having an open mind and being willing to give it another shot here. People like you have tons to offer the predator hunting community.

This is a big step in the right direction for this site.

Back