Tikka Vs Remingtom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flatlander,,,,,,,,, I've bit my lip on this one as long as I can now, but at this point I've gotta point out that you've sure become an expert in the last six months or so.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just get your azz handed to you a short time ago, when you proudly proclaimed that you never took anything but "Head Shots", although you didn't even own a centerfire rifle yet.

Now 2MG might not sugar coat everything and azz-pat every one like some would like he knows more about rifles than 99% of this board put together.
I'd sure listen to him before I took the word of someone that's just parroting what he's read on the Internet.

Sorry guys, but this thing's just turned into a 2MG bashing party, and as usual, folks love to pile on whether they know what they're talking about or not. I for one find that distasteful at best. And yes Flatlander,,, even though you wish all of us old guys would go off and die somewhere, I haven't, and I remember every single word you said, so do yourself a favor and don't start with me again. On the other hand, if you want to continue this in a civil manner, then by all means, post up a pic of your Tika and Remington rifles that you're basing your expert opinions on and I'll be happy to discuss it.

Originally Posted By: TakemOriginally Posted By: 2muchgunThe Tikka "recoil lug" is absolutely, without question, one of the biggest POS ever in gun design. I let you kids finish up here. I'm all Tikka'ed out.

Let's keep it civil now......
laugh.gif

I'll have to trust your expert opinion. Are they breaking, affecting safety or accuracy? OR are you just mad that someone isn't buying the same thing you have and disregarding your opinions? te he

"affecting accuracy"...maybe, at least on my .300 wsm. I'll have a more solid answer in 6 months or less when I get it shooting with some stock work due to this issue. Only reason I don't sell it is because my wife bought it for me and it would make her feel bad. There's already 0.010" of slop between the lug and the machined portion of the bottom of the action that sits in the lug. Couple that slop with a lot the lug slides into (not bedded and free moving) you get the idea it could impact accuracy. Especially if the action screws are on the high tolerance side which by the way also go through a simple a hole through the wood stock (more slop).

I'm not backing anyone on this thread and I've only discussed Tikka's as that's what I have. I will be building a 7-08 this year off a Remington 700 action. I'm done with off the shelf guns all together.

Originally Posted By: TrapShooter12Sorry everyone I did not know I was opening such a can of worms with the question. My Daughters Boyfriend wants to buy her a new rifle. I have always shot Rem 700's and while looking at one for her, it was suggested a Tikka might be a good choice.

I guess I got some opinions on this.

Thanks and Sorry.

If it's a light recoiling gun he may be alright going the Tikka route. If a moderate to heavy recoil gun I would look into something else. You will not get a shorter bolt throw in a SA cartridge from Tikka as all the actions are long regardless of caliber.

Good luck and I think this is a great thread so need to apologize.

RePete, I dnt beleave Ive tackled any "expert" subjects here. Just trying to figure out why Remington is so superior to everything else. I have bit off more than I can chew before but everything Ive said on this thread is in line. Point out where its not and ill retreat

also, im not an old guy hater lol. I understand that your still soar and that im a young dumb idiot,but your basing this off of a previous scuffle not facts. I didnt know i had to own a remington or a tikka to know that remington is the supreme number one gun maker and that tikkas are pure junk. 2 of the 4 people i hunt with shoot a tikka t3 lite and a browning a-bolt micro and they have function for years with good success. Ill go through and review all my posts again so i can get ready for the scolding and azz chewing. 2muchgun does know alot about guns obviously a TON! But hes muttering up his knowledge with stupid remarks that cant be backed up. Im neutral about manufacturers so it angers me that someone would speak so poorly about a company developed by sako and of all browning!

I'm not a hardcore remmy fan but I do like 700s and model 7s awfully well. I like my savages, i like my remmys, never owned a tikka, but I'd be willing to bet that if some if the remmy haters would go down the local sporting goods store and handle any of them, they would be able to find one that suits their needs and see for themselves that half of the accusations are false or at the least blown way out of proportion.

Originally Posted By: RePeteNow 2MG might not sugar coat everything and azz-pat every one like some would like he knows more about rifles than 99% of this board put together.
I'd sure listen to him before I took the word of someone that's just parroting what he's read on the Internet.

Sorry guys, but this thing's just turned into a 2MG bashing party, and as usual, folks love to pile on whether they know what they're talking about or not. I for one find that distasteful at best.

Pete I seriously doubt you personally know 100% of the people on this site so your statement that "2MG knows more about rifles than 99% of this board put together" is an absolutely rediculous and unsubstantiated statement.

Maybe the reason this thread (like many others involving 2MG)turned into a 2MG "bashing party" is because people aren't complete idiots like 2MG seems to frequently imply in many of his posts. People come to sites like PM to exchange information, gain insight and to express opinions and experiences. Most do not post with expectations of get blasted by holier than though self proclaimed experts who only see things their way. There is a civil way to disagree and express differences of opinion. The frequent condensending and sarcastic posts and the I'm always right attitude by 2MG gets old. There's usually at least one like him on every forum site. Ever wonder why very few true professionals participate on internet forums?

This forum is getting as bad as 24hourcampfire

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GhostmanOriginally Posted By: RePeteNow 2MG might not sugar coat everything and azz-pat every one like some would like he knows more about rifles than 99% of this board put together.

Sorry guys, but this thing's just turned into a 2MG bashing party, and as usual, folks love to pile on whether they know what they're talking about or not. I for one find that distasteful at best.

Pete I seriously doubt you personally know 100% of the people on this site so your statement that "2MG knows more about rifles than 99% of this board put together" is an absolutely rediculous and unsubstantiated statement.

Maybe the reason this thread (like many others involving 2MG)turned into a 2MG "bashing party" is because people aren't complete idiots like 2MG seems to frequently imply in many of his posts. People come to sites like PM to exchange information, gain insight and to express opinions and experiences. Most do not post with expectations of get blasted by holier than though self proclaimed experts who only see things their way. There is a civil way to disagree and express differences of opinion. The frequent condensending and sarcastic posts and the I'm always right attitude by 2MG gets old. There's usually at least one like him on every forum site. Ever wonder why very few true professionals participate on internet forums?

This forum is getting as bad as 24hourcampfire

2muchgun may be a great fella and the most knowledgeable gunsmith ever. However, sometimes he comes across as an arrogant know it all. He may not be this way at all. Heck, for all I know he may be sitting back laughing right now at.

Originally Posted By: Ghostman

Pete I seriously doubt you personally know 100% of the people on this site

True,,, and I'll agree that my comment was an exaggeration.
I will say with confidence though, that I see a whole lot more things posted on this site that are just plain wrong (and sometimes obviously made up) than I do factual statements backed up with real world experience.
I guess my main peeve was the piling on, by some folks (not singling Flatlander out here) that I know good and well have ZERO experience with either firearm in question. At that point it's just piling on and/or stirring the pot. Plain and simple.

To the original question,,,, I don't think anyone can say that ANY firearms manufacturers haven't cut corners to be able to compete in today's disposable, gotta have it cheap society. Sako's answer was the Tika. Remington's was the SPS. Neither compare to an old Forester, or BDL Classic Varminter.
Remington still makes some very nice rifles in the higher price brackets, as does Sako, but again, NEITHER compare to the rifles that were made when there was a real person running that mill or lath.

For me,,, I like the design of the 700 enough to buy an SPS knowing that I'm probably going to have to change or work on something to get it to shoot the way I like (which seldom takes that much effort), or simply for the action. I can't say the same thing for the Tika. That doesn't mean that they aren't accurate. It just means that I "personally" don't like anything about em. Another thing that's ignored is that at least the problems with a Remmy can usually be handled on your work bench, where as the Tika will have to be sent back to a company that's notorious for poor service and/or taking up to a year to get to it.
From my point of view, the Tika fans just can't accept that and feel the need to attack Remington every chance they get, and if they can find an Alli, even better. Enter 2MG,,, and the fur flies. LOL

I'm gonna bow out of this one now. Hopefully everyone can play nice and talk about facts only, or the mods will pull the plug.

Buy a tikka and a remington and throw them in a lake. I don't own stock in either. Buy whatever you want. 2MG is just annoying. Not that he's wrong or not knowledgeable, just annoying. Theres plenty of people with more knowledge and experience than him that are actually pleasant and tolerable. Ugh. F'em.

There must be 100 topics with 2MG being labeled a jerk. Don't you all get the idea yet? Honestly I'm surprised he has never been banned. Not alot of forums would tolerate his sour additude. I can not think of a single member on this board or any other gun board who is so abrassive day in and day out.Doesn't matter the topic be it guns, optics or whatever he's always rude. Everyone else on this site seems to get along great and share their knowledge and opinion in a way that doesn't piss everyone off.

Someone should set up a poll to ban 2MG. I'm guessing atleast 75% would like to see him go. I sure wouldn't miss him. Would you?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660There must be 100 topics with 2MG being labeled a jerk. Don't you all get the idea yet? Honestly I'm surprised he has never been banned. Not alot of forums would tolerate his sour additude. I can not think of a single member on this board or any other gun board who is so abrassive day in and day out.Doesn't matter the topic be it guns, optics or whatever he's always rude. Everyone else on this site seems to get along great and share their knowledge and opinion in a way that doesn't piss everyone off.

Someone should set up a poll to ban 2MG. I'm guessing atleast 75% would like to see him go. I sure wouldn't miss him. Would you?

Well, 2muchgun does keep things interesting!
sneaky2.gif

Last edited:
This is why I hardly ever post. What do you expect when you answer a VS post? You get strong oppinions from both sides.
But hey theyre just oppinions. To much thin skin around here
for my taste.

good hunting
casey

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660There must be 100 topics with 2MG being labeled a jerk. Don't you all get the idea yet? Honestly I'm surprised he has never been banned. Not alot of forums would tolerate his sour additude. I can not think of a single member on this board or any other gun board who is so abrassive day in and day out.Doesn't matter the topic be it guns, optics or whatever he's always rude. Everyone else on this site seems to get along great and share their knowledge and opinion in a way that doesn't piss everyone off.

ha. + 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back