Tikka Vs Remingtom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Hidalgo said it all! Give that Man a Prize!
thumbup1.gif

LOL ... I just can't understand how this thing got to 6 oops 7 pages ... arguing about which rifle is "best" ....
lol.gif

When are we going to start the Dodge / Chevy / Ford truck thread ????
drool.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Hey, Fred Eichler shooting FMJ's at Coyotes made it farther I think!
grin.gif

Speaking of Fred, did you see his show where he skinned a coyote and stretched it. He didn't scrape it or add salt or borax, etc... Just skin it and put it on the wire. He did turn it inside out during the drying.

Tikka(woodpecker) deserves more good press anyway, even if the checkering is divided into smaller portions.

Ford is first on race day! Went to the chevy dealership ONCE, when I bought my s-10 they gave me a brand new pair of walking shoes. Couldn't figure out why....I soon learned lmao.

Let the games begin

Last edited:
Coyotejunkie,, I saw that one too... was scratchin my head. But Im sure to be able to show the whole thing, they would have run out of time for Ads...
grin.gif

i buy what runs and lasts,remington is not one of them...unless its before 80's

take that back,i would own a 870 and a 760 carbine if i could find them,but thats not about accuracy,its about speed

Last edited:
Wow, after 14 pages, I'm to the point of "Who gives a $hit!!
I agree with Hildago, I just want my money's worth.

I bought a new Ford truck once. When it started running rough, the Ford service manager said I had bought gas wit bugs in it and they were eating the gas tank. They said the plastic in the bug poop was pluging up the fuel filter and carburator.
That was my first, last and only Ford.

Shayne

I've been lurking for awhile. I guess I get into this at my own peril.
blushing.gif
I currently own a Tikka, a Remington, a Savage, and a custom 270 built on a Mauser action with a Douglas barrel and a Timney trigger. I like them all.

I have owned a number of Remingtons, a Browning, a Ruger. The Ruger was the only one that I didn't care for. BTW, I don't subscribe to the Internet myth that "Remington's quality has gone down" At least not for the 700.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunActions such as the Tikka were designed with one thing, and one thing only in mind, cutting costs.

No question that's true. Everyone cuts corners to make that price point. Yet, my Tikka shoots 1" groups at 100 yds out of the box. For a deer rifle, I don't care about much more than that; I don't think I need to...

Quote: .....700s are offered in a LOT of different forms. Seems the cheapest one, the SPS, is the only one that gets compared to the Tikka. How much more does a standard SPS cost than a T3? Anything? Less?

The SPS is the right model to compare to the Tikka given that they are at about the same price point. The SPS can be had I'm pretty sure for less than the T3. The higher 700s are more expensive and are most certainly better rifles than either the SPS or the Tikka.

The SPS and the T3 are great for their price point. Buy the one you get the best deal on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hidalgo

When are we going to start the Dodge / Chevy / Ford truck thread ????
drool.gif

You just couldn't leave well enough alone, could ya?
wink.gif

A wise man once said,,, "I like Bacon".
cool.gif

Don't let 2much fool you all. 6 months ago he was bad mouthing cz's. Now he has a varmint model and he is a regular cz convert. I dunno how he deals with a backwards safety and the bolt handle clearance. Oh I know how! He opened the box and it was driving tacks that simple! I had one myself but a wood stock and it is a nice gun.

I'm loving my tikka. Haven't put it on the bench yet because whats teh point? Mostly a waste of ammo for me. With shooting sticks leaning against my truck tire and a light breeze i'm getting moa and better with factory ammo. Off the bench it much well under moa. The trigger is very nice and it will go down to 1 LB 12oz on my gun measured with lyman digital. That is actualy too light for my field guns. I got it set at 2lbs. Oh yeah this is with a 1.5-5 x leupy i'm sure more power would help too.

I got a mint condition 660 from remingtons glory days. Remington is so sorry they couldn't even build a gun that only fires when you pull the trigger. It has a recall and sometimes when you move the safety it fires. Happened when I was a kid good thing it was pointed in a safe direction when it happened. The day dad passes away I'm selling the piece of junk.

Remingtons are for the 10/22 type crowd. Those who have endless time and money to tinker.

CZ and Tikka are for those who want to open the box, mount a scope, and start shooting. The only mod needed is quality rings.

Never thought I would like a plastic gun so much. Feels a little like a toy compared to my other guns but its a joy to carry and shoot. With my 10mm glock as a sidearm its a lightweight calling combo.

gunphotos038.jpg

Myfirstrabbit023.jpg

guns113.jpg

Myfirstrabbit026.jpg

Man this remmy is a stubby piece of junk. Its got the handling of a 4x4 post. Why couldn't dad have better taste like my uncle and have a sako and annie to pass down!? Or atleast a gun that only fires when you pull the trigger wouldn't be too much to ask for would it?

Last edited:
Show me where 6 mos ago I was bad mouthing CZs. Better yet, I'll give you a year. Where?

CZ has never been my favorite. That much is true. And to be honest, the one I own is the only model that has interested me. Bolt handle clearance can be an issue, that is a fact. "Backwards" safeties are not a feature I would choose to have. That is a fact. Factory rings aren't the best and aftermarket ring options are few. That is a fact.

I had to whittle on my CZ quite a bit to get the bolt to glide smoothly. I also had to rework the trigger to get it to my liking. It now operates a lot smoother and is a tackdriver. The things I like most about it are the ergos and the weight, and the true micro length action. Nobody else offers anything else quite like it.........

This thread is retarded. Its not even about guns anymore. And for the record... if i want a cheap gun that shoots great out of the box.... savage and howa would be ahead of a tikka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back