Texas is Losing the War on Feral Hogs

The thing with Texas is you have had to know people with land and have had to grow up in the town with them. I have done this and have no problem getting permission to go call predators on any of their land. I have access to well over 15,000 acres of land and have never had a problem. I always ask about the hogs if they want us to kill on sight and usually they say everyone you see. I believe if you prove not to be a moron and dont destroy their land and property ie. deer, cows, oil field equipment you will have no problem. If you don't know many people in Texas the best places to meet nice people is church and the local pharmacy. Lol

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.The thing with Texas is you have had to know people with land and have had to grow up in the town with them. I have done this and have no problem getting permission to go call predators on any of their land. I have access to well over 15,000 acres of land and have never had a problem. I always ask about the hogs if they want us to kill on sight and usually they say everyone you see. I believe if you prove not to be a moron and dont destroy their land and property ie. deer, cows, oil field equipment you will have no problem. If you don't know many people in Texas the best places to meet nice people is church and the local pharmacy. Lol

I had very close friends and neighbors with some nice size ranches. The leases specifically state that only their immediate family could hunt the land. Yes, you can know people in south Texas and be able to hunt to some degree, but it is rare.

Travis

deflave. it all depends on what friends want to hunt, deer and quail, are cash crops down here as are exotics,pigs,coyotes, bobcats, not so much. we have made it real easy to figure out, no one hunts on this ranch that we dont invite.saves us a lot of trouble.rio7

Originally Posted By: deflave I am mocking people that brag about calling in summer dogs.

Who calls in summer dogs? And why do they brag about it?

Originally Posted By: deflaveYes CC. I am mocking people that brag about calling in summer dogs. It makes me laugh, but I have no ethical dilemma with it.

Travis

Be careful, you might get banned.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: deflaveYes CC. I am mocking people that brag about calling in summer dogs. It makes me laugh, but I have no ethical dilemma with it.

Travis

Be careful, you might get banned.
smile.gif

Just my opinion. Worth exactly what folks paid for it.

Travis

I believe Vic C. or chilirojo got banned for mocking someone for shooting a summertime bat eared coyote.

Probably a different moderator back then though. Maybe PM is more forgiving now?

Originally Posted By: deflaveChrist has shown me to always be forgiving. Hopefully PM feels the same.

Travis

Here at PM we are forgiving.....the 1st time. (i.e. your phone pics while in Congress)
Now however, during your mayoral election race, we have another infraction......
At some point it's to many pics, weiner......

Glad you are on the road to redemption........again.
Stay strong.

Myself and a good friend from church, have been looking too go hog hunting for 2yrs now,an all we get is "yea we have tons of them an they tear up everything. Got to get rid. Of all these.hogs.So w say we come kill all we see an land owner. Says sure 150.00 per day per person or more .an by the way. Cash only" So there. Not there not that big a problem. Then. So where do you go to hunt hogs for the ranchers who want help?

Originally Posted By: scouteyesMyself and a good friend from church, have been looking too go hog hunting for 2yrs now,an all we get is "yea we have tons of them an they tear up everything. Got to get rid. Of all these.hogs.So w say we come kill all we see an land owner. Says sure 150.00 per day per person or more .an by the way. Cash only" So there. Not there not that big a problem. Then. So where do you go to hunt hogs for the ranchers who want help?

This is exactly the problem. Ranchers want to b!tc# about it, but they won't let anybody hunt. I'm not talking about total stangers here. This topic has come up many times before on this and other forums, and guys from Texas who work, live, and go to church in the community are constantly getting turned down.

I just love it when land owners tell about this guy that they gave premission to hunt back in 1984 and then they caught him using one of their no tresspassing signs as a sight-in target to check his scope.

Ummm, OK, that's a bad deal, but did that no tresspssing sign cost you more than the crops all those hogs are ripping up? Basing how you treat EVERYONE on the basis of how one person treated you is retarded.

Tough t!tt!es then, Ranchers. If your so paralized by fear that you won't even let guys who have good references hunt your land, then stop b!tch!ng and lean to love the sight of those porkers eating up all your money. All those pigs are laughing at you all the way through the buffet you're putting on for them.

Oink, oink, oink! Mmmmm, I love tender young crops almost as much as I love ranchers who won't lift a finger to stop me. Oink oink.

Grouse

There are parts of Texas that are not like that (some of the best pheasant hunting I have ever seen was up around Lubbock and didn't cost me a dime) but in south Texas, it truly is part of the culture.

If you ask a landowner if your son can come out and pop a couple does for meat, he will more than likely look at you like you have a d!ck growing out of your forehead. There is very little understanding of the concept that you'd let somebody shoot the critters on your property without paying.

Travis

Back