SOUTHERN OHIO HUNTERS Speak up Please

Cariboudreamer, Thanks for getting this going.

Not a problem,glad i could help and can't wait to meet everyone on the 22nd.
Gifts sound great.I have the maps and marked area around Zalaski area i can and will bring,Hopefully Yotesack can help out alot since he is from the area,Maybe he can get a few primed up ready to play by then!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the board, tbloe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
It's great to see some fellow Chillicothians on here
Where abouts are you located? And have you done any good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I grew up in Washington County, Southeastern Ohio. I seen that someone mentioned vinton county for hogs. I have spotted several hogs and yotes around Zeleski State Forest. Let me know if anyone wants to check out the forest a little better this summer, its better gettin lost with a hunting buddy. Ill should be home on military leave for two months July/august.
jmichseal

Yotenaylor your more than welcome i was wondering where you been if you saw that action brewing up.Been doing any good around the tunnel this year.See you in 2 weeks.

The group is growing.
1.Cariboudreamer
2.JD
3.JP
4.BB
5.nightwatchman
6.yotesack
7.Rooster
8.ohiotrapper
9.Getfoxy
10.Varmintsniper
11.ohioyotehnter
12.smoking250
13.crosswire3(2 buddies)
14.dirtydan
15.bcbuck
16.Rileysdad
17.wsurvsby10
18.coyot223ohio
19.tbloe (buddy)
20.yotenaylor

Guys i can't wait!!! I am bringing my 22-250 Rem 700 for the coyotes, what should i bring for hogs? Thats the biggest rifle i have. I might be able to get ahold of a 243, or i can't put my slug gun back togeather. What you guys think?

Quote:
Welcome to the board, tbloe
It's great to see some fellow Chillicothians on here
Where abouts are you located? And have you done any good

I live right by the Chillicothe Football field

Last edited:
well guys.looks like i'm not gonna be able to make this one.i've just started a new job and i'm scheduled to work the 22nd.and since i just started i haven't earned any time off yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifthis really sucks cause i was looking forward to learning from you guys and meeting the guys from here.but i want to wish you all luck and be safe.maybe we can do it again and i can make it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I am wondering how this is going to work with this many people. I guess what I am trying to say is there some kind of format to having this many people. I don't like getting shot at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just curious

These are pretty big places. I think we will split up in groups and spread out. Safety first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Yes you are correct safety first but with the amount of land between the 2 forest which i would guess some where about 50,000 acres or more i don't think you will see anybody else this time of year beside the group you will be hunting with.So i don't think 20 guys hunting will be a problem even if we had 100 guys i still don't think we will have to much trouble with providing enough ground.If you have ever hunted down here you would understand the size of the area.
See you all on the 22nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, but hey, ya cant fault any of us for takin care of the home life.

Ill put it to you this way about the size of Zaleski. We had 14 guys last time and no one saw anybody after the initial pep talk at the ranger station. Heck we even looked for guys, and I know my way around, found nada.

What I would suggest heavily is at minimum a map of the place, but no one would call you a sissy for bring a GPS. There are a lot of roads out there that change names for no apparent reason 2, maybe three times along their route.

Try and fuel up before the trip, make sure you have a spare tire and you'll do just fine.

What should i bring for hogs? I was planning on bringing my 22-250 for coyotes...thats the biggest rifle i have. I have access to a 243, or i can use my slug gun.....what ya guys think

Bring any FRS radio's you might have we will pick a channel we will all use.Hopefully no one will slip off the road this time.I'll bring the 300 win mag for long shots, Saiga 12 ga for close shots and the AR for everything in between.
Local rangers say they don't care if you shoot from the Road
They want those HOGs dead anyway you care to kill'em.Last time our guys went over the edge of the road the hogs took off, our guys chased those hogs for 4 hours. Never did bag one..

I'm bringing the shotgun for the dogs and either my buddy's 375 H&H or his .450. I think either will do the trick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

still got room for 2 more ppl? if we can get off of work? i got my t/c omegaa 50 cal M.L i wanna shot some hogs with and dose ok on yotes to lol but 4 now its all i got so iam still in the game.

Im not tryin to rain on anyones parade, but if it were me, I would focus more on the dogs, than the hogs.

Theres a ton of guys whove gone down there hog hunting unsuccessfully.

However, anyone who would tag one, Id be proud as [beeep] of.

Back