SOUTHERN OHIO HUNTERS Speak up Please

Count me in if there's room. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

We could go over to AEP land out by Cumberland. The old Ohio Power. There's something like 20000 acres of reclaimed strip pits. Looks like great coyote country. I've hunted it a couple times and always hear them yuking it up.

Maybe we could get Rudy and Bill to come out of hibernation for a weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dan

There are definatly dogs at ohio power.. my buddie took me out there to deer hunt once...count me in if we can get a group going

We need to make sure it's a place that at least one person Knows a little about the place.
Shawn, How well do you know the Belview mining place? That may be a good place for a adventure. If that would be the case, we need to pick a date so everyone can try to get it off. I know it would be harder for everyone but it would be better to do it on a weekday. Probably less of a worry with dealing with other people.
If everyone can, chime in with a good idea of a date so we can get this planned.

Dusty

There will not be much human activity in these areas on the weekends since deer season is drawing to a close. I hunted 2 days in Zaleski state forrest last Feb. and didnt see another vehicle parked or anyone in the field.
I would be up for a weekend hunt but wont be able to make a weekday outing. Feb 10 thru 15 is out due to the PM hunt in AZ.

Me again been gone awhile sounds like there are alot of possibile places too try our luck.Tar hollow is close too myself and ohioyotehunter cooper is about 30 min away either zaleski is within 45 min Scioto trails is closer than any of em plus we could try some private if we dont end up with a herd of us all at once..LOL Lets start throwin some dates out here and see what we can come up with.

It sure sounds like we have plenty of people wanting to go. If someone knows of a good place that can support a medium-sized group and is willing to select a date and time, it would be very appreciated I'm sure. Being that I am somewhat from out of town, I'm not yet in a position to have many big places to hunt, but I am gradually making progress with farmers.

We may end up trying Cooper Hollow in Jackson. It's a pretty big place. We have Tar Hollow too. I'm going to try to find some maps and info on each place. That way we can get a better idea of the areas. It would be nice if someone knows either area. That would help out with some kind of direction on which areas to hit.

Hey yall iam in wayne co. if anyone is wanting to go pred. hunting and can give me a lift iam game just pm me if interested? I got my truck stuck bought 3wks ago and she kinda blew up in process of getting her unstuck so iam looking to get a new truck soon i hope lol thax..will

I am available anytime, but Sundays work best. If someone has land that they want to hunt within an hour or so of Dayton, I would be up for it. I can bring all the equipment needed.

Ok guys let set something up here!!!!!!!!!
Spark some interest.

Lets say Feb 22nd(Sunday)Zalaksi state forest or Wayne national forest.We had a bunch of guys that met at the coffee shop Sunday morning then we went from there in the past.
So lets say we all meet at the coffee shop Sunday morning around 6am(sunrise is 7:10am)depart at 6:30 that will give some guy a 30 min leave way drive time on the 22nd and get the game planned together for a all day hunt.Some can run the wayne area and some can run the zalaski area.
Does this sound good to some let get it together.Also if we have enough guys maybe afternoon can put on a drive some place also can chance some hogs(Known location).
Also rabbit season will still be in if yote do not want to play or can switch aresnal and run a few spots for rabbit in the afternoon.just a suggestion.

What everybody think.
1.)Caribou Dreamer
2.)Hawkeye
3.)

Last edited:
Back