Sharpening Service

Got my (6) knives back from David today. All I can say is, I'll never sharpen a knife again! Absolutely razor sharp and excellent turn around time. Several different makes and one over sixty years old; all deadly sharp!!! Thanks again David; HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE.

Thanks to all the members who gave me their knives to sharpen in the last year. I thought I would try it last year and "get my feet wet" and it turned out to be worth the time and effort. I have renewed my sponsership for another year, and hope to be just as busy. Thanks again, David. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I sent Dave a old 11 inch hunting knife I have had for what seems like a hundred years to be sharpened thinking that I'd like to use it again for this years elk hunt. I laughed to myself when boxing it up because this knife didn't even have a edge on it to even start trying to sharpen!

I just got it back in the mail today with a new edge ground and razor sharp! Even had to show the wife how it shaved the hair from my arm.

Very, very happy! Thanks for giving this old knife a new start. Hope to skin a elk or two with it this October!

I have tried for years to sharpen knives. And I can not do it to save my soul. I have a few hunting knives and a fillet knife. What is the cheapest way to ship them too you?? And what service do you use to ship them back?? Please PM me with contact information. I would like to send you a few knives for sharpening. Do you also sharpen kitchen knives?? What is the best way to ship a knife if it does not have a sheath?? Or is that a bad idea?? Thank You, Tom.

Tom,
Sorry for the late reply, I was on vaction. The best way is to send them priority mail. If you alot of knives it pays to get a flat rate box from the post office. This way it's the same price even if the box ways 30 pounds. Reguardless of how you ship it to me it will be sent back to you via priority mail. If you insure and put a tracking number on it, it will be scent back the same to you. I'll sharpen any knife you send me no matter what the length for the $3.00 each, with the exception of swords. If you don't have a sheath for a knife just wrap it up in newspaper, I've never hade a problem with doing it that way. Thank you, Dave.

Hey Dave,
Send me yore address-and how to pay you! Also do you sharpen scissors-my wife is a hair dresser-cain't find noone to sharpen hers?
Thanks, David

Dave can't believe I just found this thread. My dad is known by many of his friends as "sharpie" because of his skills with a stone. Lets just say I didn't inherit his skills.

PM sent your way.

Silvertp

Nucleartech, I don't make custom knives on my own, just work for Canal Street Cutlery on the side. Recommending a good one for you I would need a price range first, but just like everything else you get for what you pay for. Any one of the Canal street are fine knives, Kershaw also has been a favorite of mine to. You don't have to spend a ton of $$ to get a good knife though. Anything in the $75.00 to $150.00 range should get you a really good knife. I myself dislike Gerber's knives for there edge holding ability. They make nice knives but from all the years I've sharpened knives there steel seems the softest of all the knife companies. With all the hundreds of knive companies out there try to stick with ones that are made hear in the U.S. I hope this helps, Dave.

I would check hear on this site for some one that makes custom knives first. All the members here make quality stuff and it would be a good cause helping each other out. If you can't find anything that you like then I would recomend getting a knife made with the following steels : D2,154cm, or S30v. Knives of alaska use D2 and the make a very good knife. Also the Kershaw whirlwind is also a good sharp edge holding knife, while testing knives at schrade the whirlwind was the sharpest of all the knives I tested from : Buck, Spyerdco, & Gerber. Also try to get one with a hollow ground blade as they tend to sharpen up sharper than just a flat ground blade most of the time. I would recommend stopping by a local store that might carry knives and if they don't the Cabela's or Midway both have a good slection of knives.

Heya Razorsedge.

I have a couple of vintage Walden Schrades and a couple of stag handles that I would like sharpened.

Would it be posible to drop them off to you?

I'm just on the other side of the river from ya near Stormville.

David (Razorsedge)

All I can say is WOW! I got my knives back today, your turn-around was very quick and the edges you put on my knives is amazing. I don't think any of my knives have ever been sharper than they are now.

Also appreciate the new tips you ground on my busted buck knives. Makes them a lot more functional.

Thanks for the great service you provide.

Ken (Silvertp)

Ooooops...I stuttered

David (Razorsedge)

All I can say is WOW! I got my knives back today, your turn-around was very quick and the edges you put on my knives is amazing. I don't think any of my knives have ever been sharper than they are now.

Also appreciate the new tips you ground on my busted buck knives. Makes them a lot more functional.

Thanks for the great service you provide.

Ken (Silvertp)

Last edited:
Back