reloading questions to get accuracy

I understand your position. I really do. And I'm not going to get in an argument about another member who we have differing opinions of. I don't like a lot of people on TV news programs but I still listen and watch because I might learn something.

Everyone here has a little "something" that doesn't ... well ... serve their popularity. That includes me. I'm certain that I piss people off at times because I'm fairly quick to call it like I see it.

I would say this and then I'll let this thread die as far as I'm concerned ...... I have found that it's far better to have certain discussions in private by PM than it is to call people out in public. And as far as that goes, Stu shouldn't have said what he did as a moderator. If he has a problem with the manner in which a member is conducting themselves he should take it off the public side and tell them in private. But that's my opinion, and obviously not the manner in which this was handled.

At the end of the day we're all here for basically the same thing. To have discussions about our hobbies and interests. It's a shame that it gets out of hand at times because of personality conflicts.
frown.gif

1. Determine what accuracy the gun is capable of, search the web or ask Daryl and his other brother Daryl.
2. Pick bullet which is predetermined by what you are hunting and twist rate.
3. Pick appropriate powder, Daryl should of told you all about this.
4. Load a few at min. Charge weight, shoot and evaluate, increase charge weight and evaluate.
5. Determine wether you are a [beeep] shooter and if you should continue.

This should get you started.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI'm speaking for myself, I don't moderate threads in this forum.

Stu,
It doesn't much matter if you moderate this particular forum or not. You have a title under your name so when you make a comment like you did.. It sounds as if its coming from Stu the moderator not Stu the reloader.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishso, how about some of you guys who think the answers are so bad step up & enlighten the other poor posters as to your superior methods? Clearly, they could benefit from your experience.

The "other poor posters" and your choice of "they" doesn't exactly come across as a you speaking for yourself.

again, my observation & opinion: the entire thread has been condemned for its stupidity. This tells me that not one posts methods have been seen as being as good as good as the critics, so clearly there's room for improvement. I'd like to know the better methods myself, see how I can improve my methods.

one plus for me from this thread is that it reminded me that I forgot to buy a modified case to measure OAL on my grendel. Need to order one.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishone plus for me from this thread is that it reminded me that I forgot to buy a modified case to measure OAL on my grendel. Need to order one.

Don't do it. Step up to the Sinclair Tool. You will thank yourself in speed and your pocket book.

No muss, no fuss just a fired case and the bullet of your choice with a caliper and about 2 minutes and you are done.

I have both and the Hornady special cases that I bought and made are gathering dust. I use the head space set up for all my loading but that came after spending lots of $$'s on the RCBS Mics.

Greg

OR, instead of starting this thread, the OP could have done a few searches and found enough reading to last him for several years. he could have found discussions on beginning loading, improving accuracy, loading for bench rest accuracy, and so on.
there are numerous threads on this and other forums that could have given him everything he is asking and then some.
i get tired of people asking questions that have answers right there in the beginning pages of any loading manual. beginning reloaders do have manuals, right?

Originally Posted By: 6724
"... beginning reloaders do have manuals, right?"

Manuals? What manuals?? They don' need no steeenkin' manuals!

There's the internet!

tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: 6724OR, instead of starting this thread, the OP could have done a few searches and found enough reading to last him for several years.

Same could be said for the post you made asking about a 17-223. .

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...351#Post2699351

Or this one about a 1911 trigger. Sure there is lots of reading about it also.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...118#Post2696118

Everybody asks questions. I bet I could find a lot more that you asked. Even Catshooter has asked questions. If members dont want to help, do not post. There is no need to get on someone for asking a question. Maybe the same should happen to everyone in this post!! Everyone here asked questions when they first started

Originally Posted By: reb8600Everyone here asked questions when they first started

Heck, I still ask questions after years of hunting and reloading.
blink.gif

Sometimes it's not a matter of being too lazy to do research, but looking for confirmation on something that I "think" I already know or have read elsewhere.

And dang it, I said I was done here .......
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Stu Farishone plus for me from this thread is that it reminded me that I forgot to buy a modified case to measure OAL on my grendel. Need to order one.

Don't do it. Step up to the Sinclair Tool. You will thank yourself in speed and your pocket book.

No muss, no fuss just a fired case and the bullet of your choice with a caliper and about 2 minutes and you are done.

I have both and the Hornady special cases that I bought and made are gathering dust. I use the head space set up for all my loading but that came after spending lots of $$'s on the RCBS Mics.

Greg

I should look at that, sinclair makes good stuff.

I've had the hornady tool so long I forgot I had it. Been a while since I tooled up for a new rifle.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Stu Farishone plus for me from this thread is that it reminded me that I forgot to buy a modified case to measure OAL on my grendel. Need to order one.

Greg

I should look at that, sinclair makes good stuff.

I've had the hornady tool so long I forgot I had it. Been a while since I tooled up for a new rifle.

Getting into a new rifle or chambering is like putting on a new pair of dress shoes. They are always slick on the bottoms and need a little scuffing so you can walk easily. The tops need massaging and stretching until they fit and feel right.

Greg

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: 6724OR, instead of starting this thread, the OP could have done a few searches and found enough reading to last him for several years.

Same could be said for the post you made asking about a 17-223. .

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...351#Post2699351

Or this one about a 1911 trigger. Sure there is lots of reading about it also.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...118#Post2696118

Everybody asks questions. I bet I could find a lot more that you asked. Even Catshooter has asked questions. If members dont want to help, do not post. There is no need to get on someone for asking a question. Maybe the same should happen to everyone in this post!! Everyone here asked questions when they first started

I did do a bunch of searches before i posted those questions. i posted those threads because i did NOT find what i was looking for in those searches. in the 17-223 thread, i got what i was looking for. in the 1911 trigger thread, i did NOT get what i was looking for, so i continued to look elsewhere. But, i asked specific questions that are NOT in a book that anyone asking the questions should have.

there is a difference between posting a thread with vague all encompassing questions, and doing some research and then asking a specific question.

Originally Posted By: 6724
there is a difference between posting a thread with vague all encompassing questions, and doing some research and then asking a specific question.

And who makes that determination, you??. Maybe I feel your questions were a waste of time. When someone makes a post asking a question, they probably feel they are asking a good one. If you need more information, ask them for it politely instead of trying to make them feel like an idiot. As I stated before, everybody had questions at one time. Including you!!

Lets go back to when you first joined. Here is a question I consider vague.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...252#Post1825252

Could also pull up some of your questions about coyote hunting and calling them dogs. A coyote is a coyote, not a dog. Big difference when you are talking about hunting something.

How about this one about your Fox Pro turning on. Wouldnt the best solution have been to call Fox Pro instead of asking the question here? You didnt research that one very well before asking. One phone call would have answered and solved the problem.

Now look at this old post you made. Why dont you tell us what changed your opinion and why you are now doing the exact thing you used to complain about

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...720#Post1924720

Originally Posted By: 6724i fully expect to get blasted by some for starting this thread, but i really wonder sometimes about the population on hunting and gun forums.
predator masters is a forum where theoretically we all have a common love for hunting, shooting and the outdoors. if we are all "on the same side" why is there so much name calling, insulting, and overall bashing. it seems that some people read a post and assume that the author means something other than what is written. some will imply that what you wrote is not what you meant. only the author of a post knows what he is trying to get across, how can anyone honestly believe that they know what someone was thinking if that is not what they wrote. it seems these days that if someone's opinion is different, then they are wrong, and will be told so. and when they are told so, insults and name calling should be expected. if someone says the bullet diameter of a 223 is .226, then they are wrong. there is no need to belittle them. however if someone says 223 is a better round for deer than anything else in the whole world, they have a different OPINION. that doesnt mean that they are wrong, they just disagree. there is no need to call them lazy, stupid, arrogant, a jackass, or any other derogatory term. it is just a difference of OPINION. nor should anyone ASSUME that they have used a 223 for deer unless they stated that, nor should they assume that they mean mule deer unless they have stated that, nor should they assume that the guy must be a poacher because he likes 223. only what the person puts in the post is relevant.
there is also no need to get into semantics just to continue badgering someone. most of us here are not secretaries that can type 200 words a minute, sometimes things are abbreviated for the purpose of not having to type out an entire paragraph to explain.
i am on other forums that are not gun or hunting related and have seen almost none of the bickering, name calling, and hatred that is found here. i am not saying that everyone here is that way, i have found many people here that arent quick to judge and bust balls. but what is it that makes some on hunting and gun forums so belligerent?
i have an active thread where i asked a legitimate question and was very quickly insulted personally with a genuine hatred by some. i have responded in a manner that i probably shouldnt have. i have taken to "stirring the pot" a bit, by intentionally posting things that i know will rile people up. the people posting the hatred do not see the reversal of roles, they simply up the ante and come right out with more personal insults.
if you dont like what someone wrote because you differ with their opinion, you can respond with your opinion without telling them that they are an idiot. or you can just move on and not post anything at all.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...480#Post2053480

was the half dressed guy in you avatar picture drunk?

LOL>>>>LOL>>>LOL>>>> NOT DRUNK...JUST HOT.. I was burning up from the Oklahoma heat, and from dragging 6 coyotes out of the brush that morning... plus going through the trouble of hanging them on the van. I did all that without a shirt on. I only put on that sweater/shirt for that picture. I wasn't even thinking about it being open or closed when the picture was taken... I was just HOT... and I was HAPPY as well, because that was only the second morning of my first trip out to the Mid-West for coyotes.

I've always wondered why so many guys have had problems with that bare chest photo.... Funny isn't it....LOL.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: 6724

And who makes that determination, you??. Maybe I feel your questions were a waste of time. When someone makes a post asking a question, they probably feel they are asking a good one. If you need more information, ask them for it politely instead of trying to make them feel like an idiot. As I stated before, everybody had questions at one time. Including you!!

Lets go back to when you first joined. Here is a question I consider vague.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...252#Post1825252

Could also pull up some of your questions about coyote hunting and calling them dogs. A coyote is a coyote, not a dog. Big difference when you are talking about hunting something.

How about this one about your Fox Pro turning on. Wouldnt the best solution have been to call Fox Pro instead of asking the question here? You didnt research that one very well before asking. One phone call would have answered and solved the problem.

Now look at this old post you made. Why dont you tell us what changed your opinion and why you are now doing the exact thing you used to complain about

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...720#Post1924720

Originally Posted By: 6724i fully expect to get blasted by some for starting this thread, but i really wonder sometimes about the population on hunting and gun forums.
predator masters is a forum where theoretically we all have a common love for hunting, shooting and the outdoors. if we are all "on the same side" why is there so much name calling, insulting, and overall bashing. it seems that some people read a post and assume that the author means something other than what is written. some will imply that what you wrote is not what you meant. only the author of a post knows what he is trying to get across, how can anyone honestly believe that they know what someone was thinking if that is not what they wrote. it seems these days that if someone's opinion is different, then they are wrong, and will be told so. and when they are told so, insults and name calling should be expected. if someone says the bullet diameter of a 223 is .226, then they are wrong. there is no need to belittle them. however if someone says 223 is a better round for deer than anything else in the whole world, they have a different OPINION. that doesnt mean that they are wrong, they just disagree. there is no need to call them lazy, stupid, arrogant, a jackass, or any other derogatory term. it is just a difference of OPINION. nor should anyone ASSUME that they have used a 223 for deer unless they stated that, nor should they assume that they mean mule deer unless they have stated that, nor should they assume that the guy must be a poacher because he likes 223. only what the person puts in the post is relevant.
there is also no need to get into semantics just to continue badgering someone. most of us here are not secretaries that can type 200 words a minute, sometimes things are abbreviated for the purpose of not having to type out an entire paragraph to explain.
i am on other forums that are not gun or hunting related and have seen almost none of the bickering, name calling, and hatred that is found here. i am not saying that everyone here is that way, i have found many people here that arent quick to judge and bust balls. but what is it that makes some on hunting and gun forums so belligerent?
i have an active thread where i asked a legitimate question and was very quickly insulted personally with a genuine hatred by some. i have responded in a manner that i probably shouldnt have. i have taken to "stirring the pot" a bit, by intentionally posting things that i know will rile people up. the people posting the hatred do not see the reversal of roles, they simply up the ante and come right out with more personal insults.
if you dont like what someone wrote because you differ with their opinion, you can respond with your opinion without telling them that they are an idiot. or you can just move on and not post anything at all.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...480#Post2053480

Do as is say, not as I do...again...?

How is your ramblings any more or less conducive to this thread?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: dan brothersprobably drunk as well.

was the half dressed guy in you avatar picture drunk?

you-scare-me-youre-an-alcholic.gif

Last edited:
Back