Question for Steve Timm

Don't know what was said to Steve Timm, but it just looks like some idiot drove off a truely great writer of rifle and hunting articles. What a shame. For quite a few years he was the best writer that The Varmint Hunter Magazine ever had, giving in great detail, the building of great varmint rifles, testing their loads and actual hunting in the field.
Way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve is a class act... too bad some folks were offended by the friendly manner in which he relayed actuall experience and knowledgable advice.

There's no writter I've ever met who's more humble about his accomplishments... both with the pen, and the rifle... than Mr. Timm. This forum was a better place when he was here...

OK...This is just stupid. I guess it may be time me to find a new home. And just think, I was going to sponsor again.
John

I sent Steve a PM asking him to reconsider leaving us. Someone with as much to offer us all is valuable indeed. He has helped me several times already, and even mailed me some loading data with personal handwritten notes regarding a .223 Ackley that I was putting together. This was most gracious of him to do that I thought.

I hope that a few more of you will also send him a PM asking him to stay. Maybe we can find the guy that send him the nasty note and get HIM booted off!

How about all of us send him a PM? I have his e-mail and I'm gonna e-mail him and ask him to chec in. Some people just pi$$ me off and they are on every site, not just here!

There are evil people everywhere. To be on the internet All true warriors of christ will be assailed. It is the nature of the truely evil. If they assault you in secret, you know their motive. Get over it. pick up your pen and write, Open debate is where honest men live. The rats scurrying around in the darkness deserve no respect.

Last edited:
I have just got back from a hunting trip and I do not know what happened but I am asking questions. This is very disturbing.

If its just a handful of morons making it hard for everyone else then I suggest they stay off this site. I for one don't know Mr. Timm but just by reading this thread it seems I would like for him to be here. You can just feel that a person is good by the way he words things. I feel good about him and vote to keep him on here if possible. It sounds as if his knowledge is very respectable and valuable to people on this site. And if I can learn something from someone on here, which I have done every time I ask, then I welcome his knowledge!!!

Steve Timm is about the classiest man I've ever had the chance of chatting with. I asked him where I could find his old 6x45 article and he mailed a signed copy of it to my doorstep. Pure class the man is.

There truly are pure scum on this earth and they hide like sheep.

Steve,

When everyone likes you and you have much knowledge about subjects we hold dear, you'll get folks who are jealous but will never engage you publicly as "we" wouldn't allow it.

Please ignore the scum and their guttersniping PM cowardly tactics and continue to visit us here.

Mods,

I hope someone will take a look into this and figure out what happened and who is responsible. It would mean a lot to the members here.

Originally Posted By: GregWMods,

I hope someone will take a look into this and figure out what happened and who is responsible. It would mean a lot to the members here.

Rest assured, it is being looked into. Mr. Timm has been contacted by the Administration here at Predator Masters and has been cordially invited to return and resume his highly talented writings and postings. At this point, we can only hope he accepts out invitation and returns.

I hope he reconsiders as he is a true asset to this site. He has been very gracious in helping me with my .223AI project as well as a 6x45 and others.

OK, guys, let's make a deal.

If anyone, at any time, dislikes what I say, how I say it or generally has a problem with me. Just send me a Personal Message (PM). When I collect two (2) of those, I will just disappear, leaving not a ripple.

And to Jeff Mock: Thank you for the personal e-mail and for sorting out the situation. Again, same deal ... if you have ANY problem with me, simply send me a PM and I'll slip away in an instant.

Is that agreeable????

Sadly, you get the WHOLE STEVE; gun writer, killer of critters who desperately need it, journeyman goldsmith, journeyman watchmaker, Graduate Gemologist (GIA) and devout Catholic.

Oh yeah, and husband for 45 years of Ol' Dead Eye Karen, the .250 Ackley shooter
grin.gif

Anyway, thanks guys for wanting me around. If I get banned, I get banned and if you grow tired of me, just say the word.

As long as everyone is agreeable, LET'S ROLL.

Cyber-handshake,

Steve Timm

Back