Ponie pics... lets see em'

Jason, More Ponie Pics?

Here's a full Spotted Draft that topped the Brighton, Colorado Draft Horse Sale for us.

Disposition, Disposition, Disposition!

Baby Picture
BABYMONA.jpg

2 Year-Old Under Saddle
WebMONA6.jpg

2 Year-Old In Harness
MONAINHARNESS.jpg

Be careful these mules will leave you broke up and a foot.
They will do anything to get you off their backs. Dang ole mules anyway.
Take ahold Dallin, Ride him out.
333yik2.jpg

I must say that I am thoroughly impressed guys. I was born and raised on a horse ranch all my life and I have never seen someone stand on saddles like yall do. That's some serious training and trust built up. Very cool.

Tony

Don't get the wrong idea, I like my saddle horses, but sometimes "a jacked up 4x4 is needed more than a sports car".
I think the point has been well made that mules and horses both have a place in our "kennels". Haha.

Devin......lol im eating my heart out buddy. Thats good stuff. Looks like good times for sure.

Whats up with the pic of all the mules and the one guy ridin a horse you cut him out?....and the mule in the pond...what the he?? doesn't he like to ride around the bank?...you know where its dry and your boots don't get wet. Actually with all this heat the water sounds like a good idea...guess those mules are smart.

PS your phone sucks!!!! everytime i try and talk to you it cuts out.

I finally made time this morn to "get on" a two year old fillie, we got this spring to replace one we lost this winter.(first ride)
I also bought 2 "broke" geldings this week.Both are older ranch horses, I have roped and worked cattle off both of them.
I will get a pic of the second one when I pick him up.
After the losses this winter, we are back to, 2 good ranch horses, two started 2 year olds, a brood mare and a fillie still on the tit.
Ladyfirstride.jpg

Ladyfirstride2.jpg

Ladyfirstride3.jpg

Ladyfirstride4.jpg

Ladyfirstride5.jpg

OleGrey.jpg

Last edited:
Good lookin ponies there buddy. Looks like you need a little power steering on the one...lol I was riding a colt the other day just like that. I was wore out by the time it was done...been to spoiled on the others i guess.

Are you still looking for some ponies? I'm gonna try a few out in the next couple weeks for a friend in califormia and if there is anything special i will let you know.

keep us posted on how they turn out, jason

[beeep], I'm just happy I stayed on. This one is funny, she's like riding a "beach ball", just slides out from under ya.
I think we'll get the steering figured out, she's real soft mouth, just not sure what to do!

Man those are some awesome looking pics. I like the looks of that country! It is cool how much you can teach a horse.

Tim

Tim, the horses will teach you more then you could ever teach them. You just have to be paying attention and "try" to figure out what they are telling you.

A good horse trainer is a better observer...i'm still trying to figure it all out. Course im a slower learner then most people.

Duane, i thought you would be buying you one of them long eared donkeys.... whats the deal?

take care, jason

Jason, kinda like some gals, fun to... (well you know), but don't wanna marry them.
lol.gif

No way I could trade my ranch horses for a mules.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuJason, kinda like some gals, fun to... (well you know), but don't wanna marry them.
lol.gif

No way I could trade my ranch horses for a mules.
thumbup1.gif

I always heard that joke about a scooter instead of a motorcycle, guess it works with mules too, hahaha

Workman, if all your gonna do is set on the computer you could have stayed at work and done that buddy....

Bring up them dogs and lets watch them work.

Back