Trey on Scout
025_25-1.jpg

028_28-2.jpg

002_2-2.jpg

Poco on Spyder
031_31-2.jpg

034_34-2.jpg

005_5-2.jpg

Doc, I told Jason I'm not buying a horse, just a saddle and tack, seems like he's got enough horses for me to ride a different one each day for a month or so.
thumbup.gif

This colt was one of our favorites. Peppy San Badger X Doc Olena. At the time this video was shot he had had 10-12 rides as a two year old and 15 as a three year old. He went up to Montana via the BLS performance horse show/sale.

Not sure if this photobucket video link will work, but here goes.

Thanks for the comments fellas. Workman.....i've been tellin you that for how long now. Get your own gear and come ridin anytime you can. Owning a horse is overrated sometimes but they are always fun to ride.

DoubleCK, the video worked for about half way....but definatelly enough to know you have some nice ponies. Funny how those good one make thing alot easier...

You can sure tell he has a nice handle on him. I really wish i was better at putting a good handle on mine.

My hounds and horses are hindered by having me to deal with. If they were in the right hands they might have a chance to turn into something but they are stuck with me to be nothing more then culls.

Thanks for postin and add some more if you get a chance.

Take care, jason

Last edited:
Red on her first ride out. Got caught in a thunder storm and she didn't miss a beat.
DSCN3622.jpg

We spent a few hours in the trees then decided to ride in the rain.
DSCN3625.jpg

Poco on Woodrow out scoutin elk.
DSCN3603.jpg

DSCN3608.jpg

Scoutin for elk on the colts.
DSCN3754.jpg

DSCN3760.jpg

DSCN3757.jpg

DSCN3750.jpg

DSCN3740.jpg

DSCN3736.jpg

Thanks Jason.

That video of Peppy K Lynx was when he was just a baby. He was a true natural. We have been pickin and crossin for twenty five years trying to get'em to ride quiet and soft like that. Just like with dogs it takes the genes and the training to have something that really does it the way you think it ought to be done.

We are working on a Dun Tobiano Stud Colt(on the right below) now we hope to market to the folks in Europe. His Mama shipped over the pond and they really like her. The colt (3) has Hollywood Dunit, Peppy San Badger, Great Pine & Doc Olena all up on his APHA papers. We do like 'em performance bred but our Draft Crosses have made us as much money, maybe more.

Notice I did work the the word dog into this reply. (-:

StudsnJune.jpg

Craig

I'm sure I'll take some heat for the mules, but everyone likes pics.....even if they are of a lovely ole mule. Hahaha. Don't do any predator hunting with them, but use 'em on elk every year.

Yall are killing me. Id like to have a couple mules so bad I cant stand it, sadly, Ive recently learned theyre alot more expensive than I thought. Good pics fellas.

Beautiful country, great lookin' horses and mules, and happy kids. It don't get any better.
thumbup1.gif

If y'all are sufferin' from "monkey butt" you can just stand in the stirrups, you aint gotta stand plumb on top of the saddle.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Jason,
We like the Mules, love the flat butt sliding, make you dizzier spinnin, get on there belly to look at a cow performance horses, enjoy the ground gobbling, butter smooth gaited mounts.

But, like you, we also think the Drafts and Draft crosses have their advantages. Good dispositions, that solid feel and the bone oh the bone. They sure stay sound.

Here is the formula we came up with and it has been really good to us.

Our Spotted Draft Stud
BF31.jpg

Some of our APHA performance cow horse mares. Along with some of the results.
HannahLater.jpg

holly.jpg

Diamond09Baby.jpg

Annie09colt2.jpg

RainyLeft.jpg

Back