Ohio guys

I am also a new member and new to the sport of Coyote hunting. I have hunted a few times in Fairfield and Licking counties. I have had several yotes respond with howls/barks to my calls but haven't called any in yet. At least I know I'm hunting areas with decent numbers of dogs. Anyone else hunt central Ohio?

Welcome cpd
i hunt Northeast Ohio here,,there are quite a few GREAT people from all over the GREAT STATE OF OHIO on this site
i see you are from Columbus,,how is the weather down there?
Thank You
Bob

well just got back form southern ohio.no yotes for me and caribou dreamer but ended up chasin wild hogs around for 4 hours.hey guys we lost track of time while chasin the hogs .got too boat ramp at 1 and no one there...great meetin ya all.did ya all do any good.

Hmmm...That guy in the Picture looks familiar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I'm glad I got to meet you all. I hope newdog at least saw one. That's a long trip for no fur. I'm gonna go back in the next few weeks and see if I can shoot a piggy.
cpd1501 Welcome to the site. I'll warn you now this coyote hunting is addicting.

I just wanted to say Hi! I am new to the site and live in Darke county if anyone is close to me I would appreciate hearing from you I would like to pick the brains of local hunters to see what kind of setups and tactics you use.I have about four years experience and have called in 5 yotes and one red

Hay all good to meet everyone and to put faces to the names on the board,Can't wait to get back down south for some more action.I know one thing i got my legs worked out in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can be said? We got to go callin on a morning that was really made to order. It was really good to meet all you guys.
One thing that really surprised me was the amount of traffic seen on those back roads, Makes me kinda wonder how pressured the dogs are in that area. From what I understand that tunnel area gets ALOT of traffic from El Touristas, but damned if we didnt see a ton of sign there. Well worth a second or third look.

Yes i agree we saw alot of good sign up high but we could not get anything to respond to our calls,We tried a basket of thing from howls to rabbit distress to woodpecker and Decoys from elctronic to manf calls to custum calls they just did not want to play !!!!!!!!!with no succes but hay there is always next time.

Pigs? Smart money would be on goin and shootin at a game ranch. There are a T-O-N of gun hunters that beat those woods to a froth, with only a couple pigs gettin shot. Give it a couple years and it might be worth goin specifically for that reason. Theyve talked for years bout how that area of vinton is just plum ate up with them, and Ive still yet to meet anyone who could back up "stories" involving some friend of a friend.

Nope carribou, they didnt want to play. We called some spots that had hours old tracks and got nothin. I might go back in there some night and run a few spots. With all the Hikers and sight see-ers they just might be used to layin up in the daytime.

Any word from Hunterelite? Was it a wash for all of us?

We did catch a quick look at something that rushed our call in a clear cut. Happend so fast and in such thick stuff that you couldnt make out what it was for sure. Tracks were yote but if all i would have had was the sighting i couldnt have been sure what it was. Saw "0" fox sign. We had good yote sign in three of six spots we set up in, nobody wanted to play though. We ended up thinking that the grouse hunters had the dogs pushed way back and nervous.
Stopped by the boat ramp right before noon but no one showed. Tried two more spots before dark , got into some rain , and headed home.

Good meeting you guys , Huntereliete and cariboudreamer drop me a pm some time , maybe we could get together for a hunt around home??? Im planning on going down south again , soon.

Mark

Sounds good wildknine will do
Welll yote man you can say you just met two guys that used to think the same thing,There is no wild pigs in this area,Well let me tell you this they are there.!!!!!!!!!!We saw them and track them for 4 hours but no shots were presented this time.

Ive still yet to meet anyone who could back up "stories" involving some friend.

THe next time we head down to your area we will get with you and will go hunt!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all, I just got home, and boy do I have a story for you all. First off, I want to say it was great to meet you all. As far as my day, it started by taking the wrong turn on 78 and going about 20 miles the wrong way. However, we did make it to the Coffee Cup in time for breakfast. So when we left to go hunt, we ended up down East Raccoon Rd. We made a few stands, and did not see anything. So then, we started to go up a hill, we did not make it, and started to slide down, and ended up stuck, that was at 10:30. So we ended up walking several miles to get back into town, and we finally got someone to pull us out, that was at 2:30. At that point, I was through, so we headed back to Akron. On the way there, I get pulled over by Barney Fifthe in no mans town, and luckily only get a warning. It was still worth the trip, just wished I could have seen some fur, just like the rest of you, I saw a ton of tracks on my long walk, but did not see so much of a squirell or chipmunk.

Did everyone just go their own way? and how many people showed up for this get together?
i THINK you can call hogs in with callers too? or maybe they will come running if ya yell soooooeeyyyyyyyyyyy pig

Thank you
Bob

I can confirm the pigs first hand !!
lastscan.jpg

They come to a rabbit in distree call very well.ODNR told me that is due to the fact that they would eat the whole nest of baby rabbits.

Way to go Bob.
I am going to try to find some landowner down by Athens or Chilicothe to get permission to hunt the pigs. My buddy is making the contacts. Or there is Zaleski...
Joe

Back