Northern Calif hunting??

22-250vt sounds good to me. most of my lives down there. itll get me away from here. do some calling and see family to count me in.. you might know some of them. lockharts, coates, gillocks,macmillins, just to name a few. good luck and keep in touch, randy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Coyotehunter, Nelly, Danny B, and all locals (Nevada is local enough),

Rukus is in Washington right now on vacation but should be home in the next 7 or so days.

I have no idea what national club is going to pick us up as a charter. If no one does we plan to create our own. Rukus is working hard on this.

Naturally we will be based out of the Sacramento area but if you guys are willing to motor up (and down) for shoot’s and camping get togethers we are planning lots of trips. We also plan to hunt Nevada so you Silver State guys are welcome.

Keep in touch. We’ll let you know what the club plans are once we get an idea of who is or isn’t going to pick us up. Watch this thread!

Steve

PS: Nelly, I lost your phone number. Call me at work, 4-3505.

Steve, sounds good to me!!! I will be done with my side job on saturday and then will be purchaseing my ruger 22-250!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I will call you tommorow the reason I have not called you back is cause I got ORDERS to Korea and I have been doing what ever it takes to get out of it!!!!!!!! But I will tell you more when I call..
Curtis

wow, so many norcal people. im in citrus heights. i know of only high mountain spots to call in. you guys find any places yet?

Hey folks. Fellow CA hunter here, from the Bay Area (Dublin/Pleasanton) I do quite a bit of coyote hunting in the Sierra's near Hope Valley and also do ALOT in Nevada both near Carson Garnerville/Minden plus a few jaunts up closer to Winnemuca. Great areas to go. I have a 2002 Yamaha 4x4 quad set up with gun racks and extra lighting. I cover lots of ground that way, and use an electronic caller and hand blown calls to bring em in. I would love to hook up with other predator hunters for trips around CA/NV. my email is tom.larder@comcast.net

Snarkler, you have e-mail. Andrew, whats your e-mail address? Glad to see more Nor Cal hunters representing. I like your set up Snarkler, it is the perfect setup for hunting in Nevada, I take a few trips up there each year. Mainly around the Black Rock desert area. Andrew, your high mountian spots, would they be local? I know of a few good areas near me, yet am weary of the anti gun types in our state. Hope to hear back from you two.

Rukus

Well against my better judgement I used a diffrent company to register the domain name. To say they are difficult to work with is an understatement. The name is locked up presently so I can't register it with a diffrent company nor can I transfer it to another company any time soon. I am hoping to hear back from them today.

Joe

I tend to agree with Little Joe it is harder to hunt here in CA for lack of access, but NV is NOT far if you put it into perspect and the yote hunting in NV is quite good plus there are no OHV issues to deal with for the hunter with ATVs.

I have spent about $100 and made this nice coyote and squirrel fact sheets and I have nice two color biz cards to hand out to ranchers in my area but I have no time to hand them out. I met with some good interest when I personally gave it to the land owner and talk with them.

Snarkler

'Shoot straight'

Man, I dont know why you guys are talking about having trouble finding places to call or shoot coyotes or shoot squirrels in Kalifornia. There are thousands and thousands of BLM acres up here where I live that are loaded with coyotes and bobcats. You can hunt coyotes year round in Kalifornia and kill as many as you want. I have called AZ, NV and Kalifornia. Kalifornia has as many coyotes as I've seen anywhere. Went out Wednesday and made 4 stands, got 6 in and killed 2. Went out today and called in 4 on 3 stands and killed 2 again. Hey Alaska Yoter, have you ever called and killed a coyote? Have you ever seen a coyote? I know theres alot of critters up there but do coyotes even exist in Alaska in any numbers?

I just got back from a deer scouting trip in the high Sierra's and saw around a dozen Yotes.

ALL ON PUBLIC LAND!

Game on boys!

We'll talk about it when we get the club together.

Steve

Originally posted by Ronald:
[qb]Man, I dont know why you guys are talking about having trouble finding places to call or shoot coyotes or shoot squirrels in Kalifornia. There are thousands and thousands of BLM acres up here where I live that are loaded with coyotes and bobcats. You can hunt coyotes year round in Kalifornia and kill as many as you want. I have called AZ, NV and Kalifornia. Kalifornia has as many coyotes as I've seen anywhere. Went out Wednesday and made 4 stands, got 6 in and killed 2. Went out today and called in 4 on 3 stands and killed 2 again. Hey Alaska Yoter, have you ever called and killed a coyote? Have you ever seen a coyote? I know theres alot of critters up there but do coyotes even exist in Alaska in any numbers?[/qb]

Ronald-

You are way up north a few hours from OR. There are way more real ranches up your way, where predation is truly a $$ concern for livetstock ranchers, and there are loads of USFS and BLM in the Sierras and high desert areas. Us poor folks in the Bay Area & Sacto have to drive hours to find shootable land. Count yourself lucky!

Regards,

Snarkler

'Shoot Straight'

Originally posted by Ronald:
[qb]Man, I dont know why you guys are talking about having trouble finding places to call or shoot coyotes or shoot squirrels in Kalifornia. There are thousands and thousands of BLM acres up here where I live that are loaded with coyotes and bobcats. You can hunt coyotes year round in Kalifornia and kill as many as you want. I have called AZ, NV and Kalifornia. Kalifornia has as many coyotes as I've seen anywhere. Went out Wednesday and made 4 stands, got 6 in and killed 2. Went out today and called in 4 on 3 stands and killed 2 again. Hey Alaska Yoter, have you ever called and killed a coyote? Have you ever seen a coyote? I know theres alot of critters up there but do coyotes even exist in Alaska in any numbers?[/qb]

187coyote, if you came down happy Trails hwy ( hwy 18 ) you came right by my rancho lol.

22-250VT I've been predator hunting that silver state for more then 30 years, killed hundreds of coyotes there. The most coyotes I ever called in on one stand was just north of Golconda.

If things go right, I'll be taking a trip up to the north part of Nevada next week to do some coyote killing. I do most of my cat hunting right here in California.

I'd like to see some of you newer California predator hunters check up on the history of predator calling, you may be surprised.

Organized predator calling in California started back in the 50s along with competition calling and hunting.

Back