Nikon Coyote Scope

Just looked at the new scope on Nikons website, looks like a buckmaster with camo and new a new reticle? Hope Gary will chime in with some more specs.

Where on the website did you see it? I looked for it last night but could not find it.

Edit: Never mind I got it. Thanks.

Last edited:
I like the camo and the Anti Reflective device. It seems they are great scopes for bolt guns or longer barreled AR's.

Last edited:
I was wondering that myself. They indicate the reticle is specific to coyote hunting but they don't show it. They say it is the circle dot pattern that is they same as their regular BDC reticle.

EDIT. Maybe Gary will be along soon to offer some of his insight. I would also like to know if Nikon intends to make a smaller, lighter, 2x7 version for AR's with shorter length barrels.

Last edited:
Yes i would like to see one that starts at about 1.5X or 2X and go's up to 6X or 8X with a 42mm 0r 44mm objective.

As it stands nikons 1.5X to 6X by 42 monark gold scope is the best coyote scope i have used.

Heres a link for those that want to see them...
Figured I'd make it easy on people cause it takes a while to get to Nikon's appropriate website.

Would definitely make a nice upgrade scope for the Savage predators, or Remington Predator models since it's available in mossy oak brush. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Nikon Coyote Scopes

If Nikon's true to form, the catalog will have all the subtensions and picture of the reticle in it. Their catalog has one of the best Tech. Spec. info in the business.

To be honest I was expecting more from a coyote specific scope. Some of the features are great and I'm sure it will perform flawlessly like their others optics.

+1 Gary

I'd have to see the new reticle but nothing else I saw on the Nikon website impressed me that much about the new predator hunting scope over a non-predator Nikon scope. I would much rather have the Nikon Monarch Gold 1x6x42 that I have now.

I'm a hugh Nikon fan if my member handle doesn't give a clue but I have to agree with SaltyDawg.

The ARD device is already available as an add on to most any scope and I'm not at all a fan of the BDC "Circle" reticle! It might work but to me it blocks more of the target than a standard or small dot. I was hoping this would be a tree like reticle with windage and an illuminated reticle option. If you have a BDC why would you need easy hand turn click adjustments? Seems like something that would get bumped out coyote calling.

I think these will still be great scopes for some, just not what I'm looking for!

Nik/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifnut

Those just look like Buckmasters with a different camo pattern. Maybe I missed something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

But take a look:

019-1.jpg

I got that scope for $170 from Opticzone.
I was expecting something like a 1.5-6X range and a choice of reticles, plus some type of night illumination.
Keep trying.

Well that was a let down. Not that they aren't nice scopes, but they certainly don't offer much of anything different than is already out there. Not a very good selection of magnification options either. Basically it's just the same old, same old in a different package. Yawn.

wow i am glad i wasnt the only one that wasnt impressed looked at it Sat. and didnt want to say anything. about the only thing i saw was the honey comb anti-glare. which is a $5 mod. but as said before i was looking more for:

- crazy FOV (could be better with a 30mm tube)(the monarch is better)
- small dot BDC
- something that was tougher (not saying its not tough) to take the beatings of hiking
- Smaller package (the monarch is a full 1" small)(but is an ounce heavier)

i guess i could go on, but thats the big list

Quote:
couldn't find any pic of the reticle in the catalog anywhere.

I found this for you. The biggest complaint I've heard (I don't own it, all mine are Du-Plex), is that the heavy design covers too much of the target. There's also no markers to compensate for a cross-wind, which is a big factor at longer ranges. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Nikon BDC review

I'm like everyone else, just waiting anxiously to see what it's like - and, have my own thoughts as to what that should be. Doesn't hurt to dream a little.

I'm like Seeking TradDeer - I was hopeful to see an illuminated dot recticle.

Thanks for a "heads-up" about the scope. I'm anxious to see one up close and personal.

Last edited:
Back