Night Goggles “Night Stalker” and "Night Stalker PRO" Tripods! (In STOCK 7-25!)

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Reaper seemes to be curved for a better bite on handguard. Any clamping advantage there? How are guys moving around in the field with these. Leaving rifle in pod or removing it? I've seen guys in videos sling the pod over their shoulder with the rifle attached. 6k dangling there. Im sure atleast 2 of us will purchase these soon so just getting an idea of what to expect.
I could care less about 30 bucks one way or another....I want function.
This. I'll be ordering one soon as well.

I sling the gun up on my shoulder too. No concerns with either on of these rests holding the rifle in place in that regard. Walking into a stand, I have noticed the pig saddle is a little louder than the Reaper Grip when no gun is mounted. Not loud enough to scare coyotes though. But the Pig Saddle is easier to put the gun in the mount with one hand than the Reaper Grip. Minor things!

Originally Posted By: capitolIs there a way to mount the "reaper grip" to a Primos Trigger Stick Gen3 Tripod?

Im wanting the reaper grip and a full swing (up, down, left, right) mobility mounted on my trigger stick.

Is that possible?

Not familiar with way Primos fastens their head on. If it's a 3/8 or 1/4 stud, it should mount up. The Trigger Stick gen 3 tripod feels like a cheap toy compared to the stability of our tripod though.

I just have a hard time fathoming being able to clamp around a round forearm in something with two flat sides tight enough to hold it where you could just throw it over your shoulder and what keeps the gun from flopping around at the ball head.

Last edited:
The Pig Saddle has a soft rubber compound inside the rest that grips the gun very tight. I'm not saying that it would be impossible for the gun to fall out, but when I have it tightened properly, I can't physically pull it out without loosening it. I would say the Reaper Grip has a slight advantage in gun-grip but not much.

If you're worried about the gun falling out of the grip, the best option would be to use a direct-mount. We have the CRETAC picatinny to arca-swiss direct mounts in route to our facility as a third mounting option. These will be around $70.

The ball-head has a tensioner to lock it into whatever position you choose.

Originally Posted By: capitolIs there a way to mount the "reaper grip" to a Primos Trigger Stick Gen3 Tripod?

Im wanting the reaper grip and a full swing (up, down, left, right) mobility mounted on my trigger stick.

Is that possible?

I mounted my ball head on the Promos trigger stick but is just to check out my gun mount, it's pictured in this thread. The primos does not provide enough stability to take advantage of the benefits of a ball head or any of those grips.

Ok I just received my “night stalker” setup, I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this unit, the tripod is going to handle any abuse that I throw it’s way and the pig saddle is one HD rest!
I’m going to love it, thanks for the quick turn around I can’t wait to get this unit in the field and kill some coyotes!

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: capitolIs there a way to mount the "reaper grip" to a Primos Trigger Stick Gen3 Tripod?

Is that possible?

Not familiar with way Primos fastens their head on. If it's a 3/8 or 1/4 stud, it should mount up. The Trigger Stick gen 3 tripod feels like a cheap toy compared to the stability of our tripod though.

How can you know that the Primos Gen 3 feels like a cheap toy and not know the fastner on their head??

Originally Posted By: capitolOriginally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: capitolIs there a way to mount the "reaper grip" to a Primos Trigger Stick Gen3 Tripod?

Is that possible?

How can you know that the Primos Gen 3 feels like a cheap toy and not know the fastner on their head??

It's 3/8. I mounted a Manfratto ballhead to it with my rifle attached and it was no better than the regular Primos saddle without the ballhead.

I wouldn't call the Primos a cheap toy but the whole reason to go to a ballhead is to eliminate any play or wobble in your rest. The ball head is the only movement and the friction dampens that movement. The Primos has too much movement to take advantage of the benefits of any rifle grip and ballhead.

The hand grip attachment at the legs provides no stability. It actually adds another pivot point to the system. Imaging your self shooting standing on a 4 legged stool with one leg shorter than the other. It moves at the slightest shift of your weight. When a ball head is attached to good camera tripod the only movement is the ballhead.

Trigger stick is good for what it was designed for, quick easy portable adjustable field rest.

These camera tripod ball head rests are a portable precision shooting platform.

Originally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: Undrcoverrednekpmack, I'm pretty sure the manfrotto plate is not compatible with the arca swiss clamp. You'd probably have to change the plate mounted on your rifle to an arca swiss pattern.

I've heard mention of arca swiss suystem but I'm not familiar with it. A drill press and 5/32 tap worked well.

The Night Stalker looks really good and priced $100 below the $200 Desmond tripod I was planning on and my used Manfrotto ball head. I'd have to hear feedback on how quick the setup is. My current setup is literally 1 second mount and dismount, clicks in and dismounts by pushing a lever, as fast as pulling a trigger, much faster than rotating any screws or knobs. I haven't run the ball head cause the trigger stick is to flimsy to get a feel how the ball head will work.

20171018_165737

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: capitolHow can you know that the Primos Gen 3 feels like a cheap toy and not know the fastner on their head??

I've had a few clients show up to hunts with the Primos Gen 3 tripod and there's no comparison between that and the Night Stalker. They're better than nothing but pale in comparison.

When we said our Night Stalker is the most “VERSATILE” tripod to date, we weren’t joking! Turn this tripod into a bipod in seconds. Can your tripod do this?!

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpIt is a very nice unit. I'm well pleased with mine. Thanks Tom and Vic.

Glad you like it! Success pics are always welcome...

Tom, I sure want to get some success pics up with it. It is going to be very versatile from standing to however low one wants to get. It is really solid feeling while standing, and to be so light weight. Sweet unit!

DU, good to hear your approval, I dragged my feet and now got to wait. I'm sure you'll have pics and videos up soon.

Looks like a real nice setup and as pmack pointed out it's the complete package not a piece together type deal that in the end cost more $'s

So today after reading all the posts on here thought I should order one hoping that the next shipment that's coming in isn't sold out already

Got the invoice by email from Night Goggles "Please allow 314 weeks for delivery"
Just hoping that was suppose to be (3 / 4) weeks max 6 years [beeep] might be dead by then

Originally Posted By: hehuntsLooks like a real nice setup and as pmack pointed out it's the complete package not a piece together type deal that in the end cost more $'s

So today after reading all the posts on here thought I should order one hoping that the next shipment that's coming in isn't sold out already

Got the invoice by email from Night Goggles "Please allow 314 weeks for delivery"
Just hoping that was suppose to be (3 / 4) weeks max 6 years [beeep] might be dead by then

Whoopsi!
blush.gif
Our mistake. You're correct. Should read 3/4 weeks for delivery. Sorry for the confusion.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMShould ship out the first week in January so it's more like 2 weeks. We like to under promise and over deliver...
grin.gif

Tom, first week of January sounds better

Back