Night Goggles “Night Stalker” and "Night Stalker PRO" Tripods! (In STOCK 7-25!)

pmack, I'm pretty sure the manfrotto plate is not compatible with the arca swiss clamp. You'd probably have to change the plate mounted on your rifle to an arca swiss pattern.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpSure, glad I ordered mine last night.
smile.gif

Wish I would have ordered mine last night...just missed today by a few hours, but got an order in for when the next batch arrives.

Originally Posted By: Undrcoverrednekpmack, I'm pretty sure the manfrotto plate is not compatible with the arca swiss clamp. You'd probably have to change the plate mounted on your rifle to an arca swiss pattern.

I've heard mention of arca swiss suystem but I'm not familiar with it. A drill press and 5/32 tap worked well.

The Night Stalker looks really good and priced $100 below the $200 Desmond tripod I was planning on and my used Manfrotto ball head. I'd have to hear feedback on how quick the setup is. My current setup is literally 1 second mount and dismount, clicks in and dismounts by pushing a lever, as fast as pulling a trigger, much faster than rotating any screws or knobs. I haven't run the ball head cause the trigger stick is to flimsy to get a feel how the ball head will work.

20171018_165737

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanSO which one do you prefer? Pig Saddle or Kopfjager Reaper?

Both rests are fantastic. If you don't want the camera mount found on the Reaper Grip, the Pig Saddle is smaller and $20 cheaper.

Originally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: Undrcoverrednekpmack, I'm pretty sure the manfrotto plate is not compatible with the arca swiss clamp. You'd probably have to change the plate mounted on your rifle to an arca swiss pattern.

I've heard mention of arca swiss suystem but I'm not familiar with it. A drill press and 5/32 tap worked well.

The Night Stalker looks really good and priced $100 below the $200 Desmond tripod I was planning on and my used Manfrotto ball head. I'd have to hear feedback on how quick the setup is. My current setup is literally 1 second mount and dismount, clicks in and dismounts by pushing a lever, as fast as pulling a trigger, much faster than rotating any screws or knobs. I haven't run the ball head cause the trigger stick is to flimsy to get a feel how the ball head will work.

20171018_165737

Gotcha, I think you'll like our ball-head better. Call me so I can explain how to direct mount your firearm to our set-up! 909-312-5424 ext. 531

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: varminter .223In for a report.....how are these compared to the deadshot magnum fieldpods? I am sure they are less bulky. Might be one in my future.

There's a bunch of guys running camera tripods, reaper grips, pig saddles and I'm sure I'm forgetting a mount or two. Everyone seems happy that's why I went in that direction. There may be others but only your pictures stick in my mind and I always thought that Deadshot looked cumbersome for my hunting methods. I been running just a bipod of some sort and the camera tripod method seemed the logical upgrade based on the success I've seen and my hunting methods.

There's been several threads the last year or so dedicated to these tripods. Many systems were pieced together with separate parts. It's nice to see one come to market better priced than the sum of the parts when purchased separately.

Last edited:
Which rest is going to provide the best stability? The Hog saddle or the reaper grip, or are they pretty close in function??? Thanks!

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. That's what I call good service and fast shipping. Thanks Tom! Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow night.

Is there a way to mount the "reaper grip" to a Primos Trigger Stick Gen3 Tripod?

Im wanting the reaper grip and a full swing (up, down, left, right) mobility mounted on my trigger stick.

Is that possible?

Reaper seemes to be curved for a better bite on handguard. Any clamping advantage there? How are guys moving around in the field with these. Leaving rifle in pod or removing it? I've seen guys in videos sling the pod over their shoulder with the rifle attached. 6k dangling there. Im sure atleast 2 of us will purchase these soon so just getting an idea of what to expect.
I could care less about 30 bucks one way or another....I want function.

Last edited:
Back