Need new boots

I used to swear by Rocky boots til they sprung a leak and Rocky customer service told me sorry to hear this,but we will NOT do anything about it .Boots were 14 months old.

I've been a Danner guy since the early 90's and I thought they were wonderful. Even back then the upper level Danners were around and over the $200 mark. I've noticed a steady decline in Danner quality over the years. They change models frequently and the price goes up even though the boot quality goes down. I don't get near the life out of a pair that I used to even though the "new model" is supposed to be better.

Danner upper level boots are decent, but for the price I'm going to be looking at the Meindl for my next boot.

I'm from the UK, about 10yrs ago I decided to get myself a pair of decent boots. I went for Danner, & have never looked back since. They were expensive, then I got stung with customs (B******S) but worth it in the end. Still in excellent condition, fit like a glove.
If I go out shooting, & I haven't got them on, I feel like I haven't my pants on either.
I'll keep in mind whats being said about the Asian versions if I order any more.

Hollowpoint 22.

Danner 8" Jackal GTX. 100% waterproof and super quiet and comfortable.

Someone else mentioned the Belleville that the ARMY has. Here in the USMC we also issue the same ones and I wear those everyday to work and also out in the desert coyote hunting, they are comfortable but can get a little heavy after a long day.

i am glad there is a lot of people that feel the same way about rocky boots that i feel!! i went back to ark. to hunt deer with my brother and picked a pair of rocky's and after 3 mnths they squeeked tha you could not use them for hunting!! customer service said no receit no help!! used them on the railroad and they didn't last 6 mnths!! 150$$$ shot to s@##$.. browning or danner some red wing

I bought a pair of wolverine winter work boots last winter,had to have a steel toe, cost around 100.00, they are the best boots ive ever owned. basicly lived in them for 4 months, completly waterproof,went through mud,snow,rain,you name it, and ther still in pretty good shape.

Rocky boots are now made overseas as are many others, rocky quailty has dropped big time and went to using much more plastics and synthetics in there boots. I was a rocky guy for years until they left Ohio and went overseas.

I now wear Irish Setters, they to are overseas but the quilty is still there as their parent company Red Wing in Minn still thinks quailty means something reguardless where made. I wear my boots everyday and have had a pair for 1.5 years still got a great sole and 100% waterproof, I'm in dew,creeks,cactus,and rock everyday they wear like iron. A little heavy but your legs ajust to them. I would suggest sportsman guide for prices that are tough to beat.

Danners wouldn't pay the price for the quailty of there boots.

Quote:
I bought a pair of wolverine winter work boots last winter,had to have a steel toe, cost around 100.00, they are the best boots ive ever owned. basicly lived in them for 4 months, completly waterproof,went through mud,snow,rain,you name it, and ther still in pretty good shape.

I've owned a few pairs of Wolverines/Justin workboots and I liked them BUT they don't last too long. The soles wear faster and the insoles loose ALOT of cushion in a couple of months.

Quote:
Rocky boots are now made overseas as are many others, rocky quailty has dropped big time and went to using much more plastics and synthetics in there boots. I was a rocky guy for years until they left Ohio and went overseas.

When this happened, it was the last time I bought of pair of Rocky's. Althou I will never neeed another pair for I have two pair of them now (USA made).

Danner does have a couple pair that are still made in the US, but to heavy of boot for me.

I have sent 2 emails to Rocky, asking about where there manufacturing plant is....no response!

Growing up here in Ok around the oilfields, I owned several pairs of different styles of Red Wings, then went to Wolverines. Wolverines kept discontinuing the style I liked so I headed to a pair of Rocky Snake boots. Didn't like the Rockys a bit. Got a pair of Danner's a few years back for Father's Day, thought I had arrived. This last Jan. I was introduced to Whites. Jury was definitely out until I got thru the "wear'em dry break in", now I don't think I wear anything else.

Extreme wet conditions, Rubber.
Extreme cold , snow. LaCrosse pacs. Not that we get alot of extreme cold or snow, but this pair is 10yrs old and still have some good wear left.

If Danner continues the overseas importation as I suspect they will, I will definately be making a move to Meindel's. Currently Danner has quite a few U.S. made boots, however, it worries me they'll be importing more Asian products in the future. Soooo, Meindel's will be a more than suitable replacement.

Uninsulated , Whites or Hawthorns , Insulated Meindle's , Cabelas used to have guide series by Meindle , great boot .

Quote:
Another vote for Danners----love em!!!!! I like the Pronghorns.....you'll walk miles and still swear that you are wearing sneakers!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Here is another vote for Danner Pronghorns. I used to buy Rockys and even drove over to Nelsonville OH to the outlet store a few times. Not any more.

Mike

Schnee OutfitterII insulated.L.L.Bean Maine Hunting boot/Schnee outfitter for uninsulated.Leather upper rubber bottoms withh tire tread soles.

Back