Morons behind the Gun Counter

Originally Posted By: dogknottI was in Sportsman's warehouse, they had duck hunting close in scent lok, Asked the salesman whats with this. His response was" Oh ya, latest technology, DUCKS CAN SMELL YOU"

The Bass pro that just opened has had ALOT of good ones. They sell the scope mount spot lites with colored lenses. I told a couple young men that they was illegal to use in Iowa, not sure way they would even sell them here. Then the salesman hears me and promptly tells me that that was ONLY white lites, did not pertain to COLORED lites.The 2 boy's told me this was the same salesman that had just corrected his coworker on the fact that a 17hmr was good on coyotes at MUCH farther range than 200yrds.

BUT, I have also ran into some GREAT folks on sales end of things and I am very thankful for them and target them when I am looking to purchase something.

Now I'm no expert, but a couple of these are impressive. Close... honestly, but then after reading lites, I see you are right on par.

Hate to say it, but a guy is in no place to criticize others when he can't grasp the most basic words in the English dictionary. It is Clothes, as in: I wear clothes out hunting.
Lights, as in: Turn on the lights, it is dark in here.

Now we all make mistakes, this isn't English class, I just found a couple of yours to be impressive, given your point to try and show how stupid some are, I thought a little humbling was in order.

Originally Posted By: bcwhitI like to send them looking for the gas refill for my gas operated remington 1100 shot gun. Mean, yep, but it is still fun. Thats kinda like sending the old lady to the auto parts for muffler bearing! LMAO

Originally Posted By: dan newberryMy all-time favorite was this guy behind the gun counter at Walmart.

A customer brought back a cheap Simmons scope, and said that it would not zero.

"What do you mean it won't zero?" the resident expert behind the counter asked.

"Well, when you turn the adjustments, the crosshairs won't move," the customer told him.

And then... no kidding...

The resident expert holds the suspect scope up to his eye, and begins to turn the TURRET COVERS back and forth as he looks through it--and proudly proclaims: "It's working fine, the crosshairs are moving just like they're supposed to."

As the customer stood there, looking stunned by the guy's ignorance, I could not help asking the expert if I could see the scope, and he obliged... and then I promptly unscrewed the turret caps and showed him the adjustments "hidden" underneath.

He didn't seem to know what to say...
laugh.gif

Dan

And they continue to breed!
whistle.gif

Sorry we aren't all great spellers and users of the English language CALLING4LIFE. Give me a break ! You know what the guy meant and so do most.
This is just a fun Topic, lets try and keep it that way, ok ?

Originally Posted By: ozzyOriginally Posted By: bcwhitI like to send them looking for the gas refill for my gas operated remington 1100 shot gun. Mean, yep, but it is still fun. Thats kinda like sending the old lady to the auto parts for muffler bearing! LMAO

Or the new recruit for the cannon report.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: Wyoming DrifterSorry we aren't all great spellers and users of the English language CALLING4LIFE. Give me a break ! You know what the guy meant and so do most.

This isn't about being a great speller. And as much as I would love to debate literacy in our society and how shockingly bad a couple of words in that post truly were, we are having fun so it is OK, and I forgot that.

My apologies, at times I forget that cutting down others is a form of amusement. Although I can do it with the best of them and for that I am ashamed.

Continue on with "Morons behind the Gun Counter"

Originally Posted By: Wyoming DrifterSorry we aren't all great spellers and users of the English language CALLING4LIFE. Give me a break ! You know what the guy meant and so do most.

+2 Fun little topic, no need to ruin it!

Why is it that you can never remember the good ones when you want to?
One that I do remember- I was working at a gun shop years ago. We had a resident "expert" that did something around there(I think he gave classes or something). Anyways here was a self professed expert in Isreali Combat Techniques. This idiot would throw his loaded/chamberd 1911 on the ground to prove to customers how safe they are. After the owner (who didn't believe it at first) caught him doing it, he was no longer "welcome" in the shop. Also had guys trying to sell 1911s and bigger to 90# woman(whom had never shot a gun), as "...the better gun for home defence". BUT by far the worst were the experts on the otherside of the counter. Like the IRS agents who rented the range for an all black out training sesion. No lights, adquire target with the flash of their first shot. After all the damage was assest, they too were no longer welcome back....

Last edited:
I went to Walmart to purchase a savage model 10 rifle, after doing all the necessary paperwork and the clerk was handing me the rifle I asked for the bolt and the box with the manual. She said that the rifles don't come with bolts and that they are sold seperately. I said, no kidding? where do you keep them? Her reply, in the locked cage, as she pointed to the ammunition!

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: ozzyOriginally Posted By: bcwhitI like to send them looking for the gas refill for my gas operated remington 1100 shot gun. Mean, yep, but it is still fun. Thats kinda like sending the old lady to the auto parts for muffler bearing! LMAO

Regards,
hm
or the new airman for 30' of flight line
or a bucket of prop wash
or the tailhook sharpner....

Originally Posted By: kylesredappleI went to Walmart to purchase a savage model 10 rifle, after doing all the necessary paperwork and the clerk was handing me the rifle I asked for the bolt and the box with the manual. She said that the rifles don't come with bolts and that they are sold seperately. I said, no kidding? where do you keep them? Her reply, in the locked cage, as she pointed to the ammunition!

Bolts & Bullets probably sounded pretty close to her.......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: ozzyOriginally Posted By: bcwhitI like to send them looking for the gas refill for my gas operated remington 1100 shot gun. Mean, yep, but it is still fun. Thats kinda like sending the old lady to the auto parts for muffler bearing! LMAO

Regards,
hm

Yeah,

Or like sending the new telephone line worker back to the warehouse to get a bucket of dial tone.

Had a store here sell a weatherby 300 wby mag, and sold him a box of 300win mag.ammo. told him they were out of weatherby ammo and told him that 300 win mag.ammo are interchangable! well lucky, guy returned it will a stuck caseing. all it did was fire formed the brass, very lucky that only this happened.

ya'll are too funny thanks for the great laughs this am... all I can say is be a woman walk into a gun store where morons work,... they just automatically think a woman she don't know a thing....
There is so many stories from that

I'm sorry I brought this old thread back but I had to share this. So I'm having a nice weekend vacation with the Family at the Great Wolf Lodge in KC. Finally its my turn to enjoy the vacation when we go as a family to Cabela's. I had my oldest boy and my Girlfriend's boy (both seven years old) at the gun counter wanting to handle a Chipmunk to see how it would fit them and if it was worth buying a .22 that small. I over heard the "classic" native Overland Parker 10 feet down that had recieved a flyer and was in the store looking to pick up an AR15, which was grossly over priced but what do you expect. I looked over and saw a middle age'd guy handling a flat top gov. profile M4gery. The salesman was explaining the in's and out's of an AR, cause it was plan to see buyer knew that the gun looked cool and that was about it. Then I heard the salesman say "OH Ya you should be VERY accurate out to about 500 Yards with this one". I kinda smile'd and went on with my waiting to be helped, when I heard the guy say how do you aim it with out sights? Then the sales man proceeded to walk over toward me and pull an bushnell aimpoint red dot, out of the scope case and explain to him that it didn't matter how he held the gun or where the dot was in the scope if it was on the target he was gonna hit what ever he was shooting at. The man said at 500 yards? And the salesman replied OH YEAH, and you get the bonus of a quicker site acquisition, its also available in 2x! I could hardly bite my lip. The man stared in amazement, and said that's definatly what I'm looking for. I thought, along with everybody else!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MPFD the sales man proceeded to walk over toward me and pull an bushnell aimpoint red dot, out of the scope case and explain to him that it didn't matter how he held the gun or where the dot was in the scope if it was on the target he was gonna hit what ever he was shooting at. The man said at 500 yards? And the salesman replied OH YEAH, and you get the bonus of a quicker site acquisition, its also available in 2x! I could hardly bite my lip. The man stared in amazement, and said that's definatly what I'm looking for. I thought, along with everybody else!

I have heard about those scopes, that they make the range adjustments for you so it takes out the guess work! I can barely see five hundred yards.

And I bet you a dollar they don't have a dot small enough not to cover an entire moose at 500 Yards!

Originally Posted By: MPFDAnd I bet you a dollar they don't have a dot small enough not to cover an entire moose at 500 Yards!

HAHAHA, I probably couldn't spot the moose anyway.

Back