Man Caves! Where's yours?

Here's my little hide-out.....its in the basement

This shot is coming into it from the house.

guns074.jpg

Here's were all the "office" work gets done!!!!!!!

guns077.jpg

This is the best part,......the garage entrance, yah I have an "escape" route!!!!! here's a shot from the "back door"

guns075.jpg

Not far from the cave is "watering hole" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

guns079.jpg

Ya gotta hava a watering hole near the cave. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
4949 - that buck is a keeper. 16" inside spread?

To be honest bro, I never measured it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

It's a nice buck. The half dozen I've killed were all just little basket racks and spikes. Fed the family though.

Good watering hole and Man Cave Vent o later. My meager Man Zone has no watering hole, but does sport plastic cups and a LaRue B.E.T. hanging by a coyote jaw!

IMG_6524-1.jpg

Mines a 30'x56' metal pole building located far enough from the house that when the wind is blowin my Boss has to think twice about headin out there. It's also were I wrench on my binders.

I wish I was more organized like some of you fellers, but after building it the $$$ was low so the partitioning walls and such have been slow going.

Sendit223,

Not only do I have a barn loft, but I have a "man cave" as you call it. I call mine my "pouting house." Every man needs a pouting house, a place to get away from "stuff." The only problem is, everyone wants to "pout" with me.

Mine is a 12x24 foot building, insulated, sheet rocked, heated and made like a house. It sits in my back yard. The only problem is I should have made it bigger, as you can see by all the junk, and as 4949 said, I need a watering hole., It needs a small toilet and running water. Then I could retreat to my cave for a quite a while, if necessary.

If you ever build one, my only advice is to build it much larger than you think you need.

Here are some photos.

David

IMG_5125.jpg

PoutingHouse1.jpg

IMG_5126.jpg

PoutingHouse2.jpg

PoutingHouse3.jpg

Leftside.jpg

ReloadingBench.jpg

ReloadingComponents.jpg

Last edited:
I think you are providing good empirical evidence for Newton's (little known) 4th law of physics:

Stuff always grows to exceed the space allotted for it.

Happy 4th David.

Thanks for the good wishes for the 4th, and good wishes to everyone. May freedom's bell continue to ring.

Wow! You guys got some serious getaways...

6mm, I like the weathered sign that says, "Dave's Cave." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brendan43, I see that you have a Edge Expedite fawn decoy in your cave. What kind of results have you had with it?

Quote:
Brendan43, I see that you have a Edge Expedite fawn decoy in your cave. What kind of results have you had with it?

Judging from the fur he has hanging around, I would have to say pretty good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:

The fawn is a good product. It just gives them something to look at. The guys who do my camo dipping have had great luck with it. To be honest, I don't like carrying it too much so Mr. Fawn gets left home a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I still seem to do all right. The less I have to carry, the happier I seem to be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I put a light cord around mine and carry it across my back when I take it. I've only had coyotes come in twice when I had it set out. The first one slowed down and started semi-sneaking on it as soon as he saw it. I shot him at 80 yards. The other time a pair came in and as soon as they saw it, they hung up. They spent quite a bit of time just sitting and standing watching it. I tried several different sounds and they wouldn't come any closer. I ranged them at 256 yards and killed one of them. That incident makes me a little more hesitant to use the decoy. That's why I was wondering what your experience was. Thanks,

i have an old barn i can escape to. its 24x32 but its still too small. the best part is its around 100 yards from the house so i dont get bothered too much. i have all stainless bench tops for butchering and plenty of room for hanging deer and elk. only thing im lacking is air cooling.

P7040001.jpg

Mines half of my garage. It's changed a couple times since then, but you get the idea. Decent garage sale stereo, reloading stuff and my knife collection to name a few changes. Anyways it's my hole for my knife making, woodwork, jewelery making, reloading, etc..........

100_1110.jpg
Shop
100_2810.jpg
Toy Collection
100_1107.jpg
Project Bench

Back