Knife junkies: What's your EDC?

Originally Posted By: warpig602
5245926021_609d894f0c_b.jpg

Microtech in one flavor or another.

thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: HardcoreSlotKershaw Leek, All black, plain edge

as soon as I get my hands on one it'll be a Kershaw Blast of the same config...

What does the Kershaw Blast look like? I cant say that Ive ever seen one....

The knife I carry the most is my gerber
P2040094.jpg

Then it would be my Buck
P2040095.jpg

The knife I carry when I hunt is also a buck
P2040099.jpg

This knife I carry while Snowboarding
P2040097.jpg

I dont carry this knife but it has to be favorite is a Harley Davidson Prototype
P2040098.jpg

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitFirst knife I ever made, the components are an old file, some melted down .223 brass and some iron wood. I carry it in town
smile.gif

IMG_1856Medium.jpg

IMG_1861Medium.jpg

IMG_1845Medium.jpg

That is awesome,
especially for reused material
thumbup.gif

Here is the first knife and hatchet i made, used to be my main hunting knife and hatchet, but I got bored and they got heavy. LOL

Fat bellied skinner, elk antler handle, planer blade steel
asdfasdf.jpg

smae set up on the hatchet
mail.jpg

Both desperatly need polishing, the knife was retired but i still use the hatchet on occasion, i made the sheaths too with lots of help

Those are nice, what did you use for your blade and hatchet blanks? (I went back and saw you used planer blades for your blanks, must have been a big planer
smile.gif
) Your knife display is great. I've got a handmade knife my Dad made back in the 20's. I used it for a hunting knife for years, it's now retired for a knife with a gut hook.

This is the knife my Dad made, the handle was brass poured in a sandcast around the old saw blad and then ground and filed to shape. Not bad for the tools he had to work with and definately has a lot of sentimental value. My son gets it next.

HomemadeKnife.jpg

I just made my lady a knife similar to the one I made from what was left over from the file and the other stuff. The finish on the handle is drying now. Kind of get hooked on it after you get started.

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.gif

i know what you mean, ive made a bunch but im kind of waiting until i buy a house with a shop to set up a whole work shop for all of my 1 million hobbies, LOL

They were from old saw mill planer blades, the ones that are like a 7 foot diameter. they work really well,a nd hold a good edge. ya i just threw some antlers i had together for the display/holder, the uprights are supposed to be wider but my appoxy came undone when i move it for the pic so now i have to fix it LOL. Ill give it to my boy when he is old enough.

Those are some of the best sentimental gifts you can pass on. They will last forever and your son will always think about you when he uses them or looks at them on the mantel. I just got my shop done so I can go out there and make a mess and not have to worry about cleaning it up right away
smile.gif

Last edited:
Kershaw Whirlwind, carry it everywhere use it most everyday. Blade is a little shorter then normal from breaking the tip a few times and zaping it off jumping starter solenoids on the tractors. Just grind a new point and she's good to go. lol

Great looking knives!
thumbup.gif

Just got this Benchmade Griptillian and really like it. Great balance, super smooth, and really like the blade lock.

Photo190.jpg

Photo192.jpg

I always carry something but when hunting i carry my K-bar or my Buckmaster (2nd Buckmaster ive had the 1st one was stolen out of my backpack by a church summer camp punk ) just proves you just cant trust anyone !!!! anyway dont like folding knives much.. just my opinion !

I was at Walmart the other day and picked up a Kershaw Skyline. VERY cool blade. Great blade shape, come sharp as [beeep], pocket clip allows for tip up or down carry. Its a flipper (not assisted) that works very well. The best for me though is its LIGHT. I forget I even have it. It carries a little deeper when tip down but I preferr tip up so i put a lil lanyard on mine
here's a pic.

IMAG0064.jpg

Last edited:
Just added a new knife to my arsenal. usually its my Kershaw RAM but its a bit to "tacticool" for EDC but i just went out to my jeep today and found a BRAND new Kershaw Select Fire in the back seat (no idea where it came from) its probably going to become my new EDC knife

Back