If I were the devil

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: tnshootist

I believe there is more than self.
Apparently you only believe in self.

But I am the one with a closed mind right?

I know exactly what you believe.
I would know more details if your church/faith and denomination weren't such a closely guarded secret.

The only thing you know about what I believe is that you are obligated to hate it.

And yes, you are the one with the closed mind.
You would be a traitor to your belief system if you ever considered anything outside it.

Now that right there is the biggest load of hogwash you have come out with yet.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistSome people in this world have lived through tragedy the rest of can not imagine.
They have lost all hope in this world.
Their grief and disrepair is overwhelming.
They wake each day with disappointment to be alive.
The only hope left is that the next life will bring happiness.
Then you come along and put out that last spark.

I don't know. Those people who gave up all hope, must conform to your particular beliefs, in order to insure a peaceful afterlife. Not so much mine. My God, who may or may not exist Excepts all, as to him it's impossible to make a mistake.

Well Swampy.
I don't have a clue what you meant to say.

Are you saying your God excepts all. He don't take anyone?

Are you saying after all you do believe.

It would be great if you could entertain that possibility.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerOriginally Posted By: tnshootistSome people in this world have lived through tragedy the rest of can not imagine.
They have lost all hope in this world.
Their grief and disrepair is overwhelming.
They wake each day with disappointment to be alive.
The only hope left is that the next life will bring happiness.
Then you come along and put out that last spark.

I don't know. Those people who gave up all hope, must conform to your particular beliefs, in order to insure a peaceful afterlife. Not so much mine. My God, who may or may not exist Excepts all, as to him it's impossible to make a mistake.

Yeah I don't know either.
tnshootist says that I have the power to extinguish the last spark of hope in a person who has lost all hope in this world.
I have control over his grief, despair, and disappointment.
By making a simple comment on the internet and I can dash all of his hopes of an afterlife on the rocks.

And tn's omnipotent god can't do a single thing to stop me.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: tnshootist

I believe there is more than self.
Apparently you only believe in self.

But I am the one with a closed mind right?

I know exactly what you believe.
I would know more details if your church/faith and denomination weren't such a closely guarded secret.

The only thing you know about what I believe is that you are obligated to hate it.

And yes, you are the one with the closed mind.
You would be a traitor to your belief system if you ever considered anything outside it.

Now that right there is the biggest load of hogwash you have come out with yet.

Would you like to start with what you believe?
Your previous posts on here have made the basics as plain as day.

You keep harping on what my church is,what my Preacher says and so forth.

That is not germane to this discussion.

You are really grasping at straws.
Your whole agenda is falling apart.
You have gone from proudly denying God to picking at my denomination.

I don't mind one bit to state for the world what you ask.
But if I do you will be out of your last piece of ammo.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistYou keep harping on what my church is,what my Preacher says and so forth.

That is not germane to this discussion.

You are really grasping at straws.
Your whole agenda is falling apart.
You have gone from proudly denying God to picking at my denomination.

I don't mind one bit to state for the world what you ask.
But if I do you will be out of your last piece of ammo.

Harping?
If my beliefs are germane, why aren't yours?

I have no agenda.
I don't even have a general faith declaration, let alone a specific denomination.

You have come up with at least 5 of the common myths that Christians attribute to A/A's,

https://www.edge.org/conversation/sam_harris-10-myths%E2%80%94and-10-truths%E2%80%94about-atheism

and you constantly use them as your talking points.

I don't need any "ammo".
I'm not in a battle.
Are you?

Are you ashamed of your faith?

Matthew 5:14-16

14You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a lampstand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.…

And why in the heck do you constantly accuse me of interjecting my beliefs into conversations, when you have started threads for the sole purpose of provoking controversy about religious subjects?

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...178#Post3074178

??????

If you still have not figured out what my faith is in I don't know how to help you further.

Do I seem ashamed just because I don't meet your demands. Who do you think you are?

Moderator of the former type just cuts so much ice.

I do remember that thread you brought up.
Thats the one where you explain how facts change.

Read the part about you not even having a general faith declaration.
Does that mean you are not sure there is not God?
Does that mean in spite of all you have said when it comes down to it you really don't want to deny God?
Is there something telling you that all this must mean something after all?
Are you just confused and searching for that thing to fill that empty feeling that just don't seem to ever go away?
Are you sure you are one of the few that is or ever has been that was of such superior intellect as to be able to see truth.
Do you really consider yourself that much above or might you just be missing something that most people see?
If the whole world is wrong,maybe it's you.

But rest assured nobody can force anything on you. My beliefs are mine.I did my own thinking.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOne does not need faith to have trust. In my world trust is earned , period !

I used to catch PH on the dial once in a while. I was quite young back then, but his stories caught my ear.

Right but in your world it's ok to say someone is a telling a lie without any knowledge of fact at all.
I still have not needed to track a deer that I shot with a rifle.
You could use a little respect for your elders.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeMy "old timers" must be kicking in......

..... Did I miss out on an elders deer hunt ?

Not a problem.
I figured you forgot.

There is some good money to be made in the building trades. I just finished talking to a young man, 22 years old, that graduated high school with my son. He has already made six figures this year. No college, just OJT, then he took the journeyman boilermakers test. The trades are hurting because everyone wants a white collar job.

The plant just hired a guy to work with us with 2 masters degrees that has never made over 65k. I would rather sweat and get paid than have a title. 60k education for a 40k job =s stupid in my book.

Last edited:
I have a grandson that wants to farm.
Trouble is even with land and machinery he can't make much farming in this part of the country.
I told him he needed to find a trade and farm part time.
I admire his ambition and wish he could make it farming but that time is past I think.
I don't know what he should get into but I hope he can find something he can like.
I sure don't envy a young man trying to find his place today.
Seems like money may be easier to get hold of now but it don't do much.

Quote:FW707: ...blaming the problems of the world on superstition is just a way for man to deny his own responsibility when things aren't going his way.

Superstition didn't cause the problems, and superstition won't fix them.

Quote:FW707: And maybe you should go back and read the first post in the thread again.

It wasn't started to promote hope.
It was started to promote despair.

FW - on the one hand you seem so concerned about superstition and yet you, yourself are entirely too superstitious...

Quote:superstition: noun; a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.

You, "sir", seem to be setting yourself up as some sort of god figure and appear to be inviting us to worship you.

First you declare my thoughts and intents, and not for the first time, I might add. Then you declare to tnshootist: Quote:
FW707: I know exactly what you believe.

Quote:Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Do you propose we substitute "FW" for "God"? No, thank you anyway.

The fact is you appear to promote yourself as superior to anyone who dares believe in God - dismissing us as "superstitious", suggesting we are fools and therefore beneath you as we cannot possibly be your equals.

The worst part is you have yet to substantiate your own beliefs (or at least, the fleeting glimpse you allow us to see of them) as far as I can tell. It seems the best you can do is attack anyone who you perceive to be a threat to them.

It is obvious to me I myself became marked by your radar when I referred to the topic of one of your threads as not even worthy of debate. While I never specifically mentioned the thread itself, you correctly ascertained it was your own poor excuse for an "argument" I was writing about. While I will not presume to know whether you were perceptive or your ego assumed all the world continuously revolves around you, subsequent experience with your posts leaves me little doubt. All of your attacks on me seem to lead back to my own dismissal of your sorry excuse for an idea. Your own sense of self-importance seemed to blind you to the fact that my minor reference to your thread was no more than a springboard to a much more worthy topic.

While you've shown some talent for trolling and sniping, I have yet to see anything but attacks on those who do not tow the line with your beliefs - whatever they are. While I, for one, cannot speak for anyone else, I have yet to see any statement of what you actually believe. It is apparent you do not believe in any god, but other than that what DO you believe?

Quote:FW707: The only thing you know about what I believe is that you are obligated to hate it.

Yet another declaration with no basis in fact. So why do your own beliefs need be such a mystery?

Quote:FW707: I have no agenda.
I don't even have a general faith declaration, let alone a specific denomination.

So, I take it you are free to spout anything you wish and we are to accept it as gospel, but anyone else here should be prepared to explain to you exactly what we believe upon your demand? Not happening, bub - at least not from me.

Generally , FW, I decline to reply to your drivel as I would expect to find my time more productive explaining "string theory" to my dog than anything to you. His comprehension would not be better, I'm sure, but at least he would patiently listen, even though he is incapable of understanding a word I say. That said, you may want to reconsider 'splainin to us lessors why we post what we do. If you were even close to the superior being you seem to proclaim yourself to be, attempting to educate us dirt people is silly at best.

As far as I am concerned, and I doubt if many will disagree, you are most certainly free to express your opinion. It may behoove you to ensure it is YOUR opinion, if indeed you are capable of any coherent original thoughts.

May God bless you and keep you

I haven't really paid much attention to your posts since you were caught editing the information in a post in the middle of a discussion, and citing false information supporting a post predicting the impending doom of our country.

thumbdown.gif

Quote:you were caught editing the information in a post in the middle of a discussion Caught? Like I was doing something wrong? Okay, right. Got it.

God bless you

Originally Posted By: tnshootist
I do remember that thread you brought up.
Thats the one where you explain how facts change.

I'm glad you retained something positive from the thread.

Originally Posted By: tnshootist
Read the part about you not even having a general faith declaration.
Does that mean you are not sure there is not God?

It's been said over, and over, and over on here recently that I fit the "profile" of an atheist,
but it would probably be closer to say agnostic like ADK describes himself.
thumbup1.gif

Well finally something we can agree on.
You don't know what you are and I don't know what you are either.
That might be a good place to leave it.

Originally Posted By: seeknulfindQuote:you were caught editing the information in a post in the middle of a discussion Caught? Like I was doing something wrong? Okay, right. Got it.

God bless you

I'm sorry you didn't like my choice of words, but I thought "caught" sounded better than "busted" or "exposed".

Originally Posted By: tnshootistWell finally something we can agree on.
You don't know what you are and I don't know what you are either.
That might be a good place to leave it.

Either term would be fine with me, so you could abbreviate it to A/A if you'd like.
I can leave it there.

We can leave your lamp under the basket if you're OK with leaving it there??

Matthew 5:14-16

14You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a lampstand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.…

Back