How many use scent eliminator??

"Try Navy beans, will make coyote's eyes water!"

I'll bet they have the same effect on hunting partners! LOL

Last edited:
My hunting clothes live outside. I suit up when I park my truck. If I quad into my spot, I wear a poncho over my cammos or Ghillie and shed it when I start out walking to my stand. No scent block or masking agents. I rub Sage, Pine Needles and grass on myself. I will also rub cow or horse poop on me, roll around in the dirt and grass. I seem to do just fine.

I use the scent Lok suits and scent spray, as well as wash my clothes in the scent free soap, shower with scent free shampoo and body soap. Im anal about my scent control I know.
smile.gif
But it works for me!!!

Mark2

I also am a Trapper here in Ga. My target animal is yotes but I also catch foxes, coons, grinners....illegal aliens, you know.....order some coyote urine from a trapping supply house like Minnesota Trapping Supply or F&T. Spray some about 40 yards on each side downwind of your setup........I agree with JB, a canine's nose can be fooled....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jbmaster GC, I've been a trapper all my life.A canines nose can be fooled,I've been fooling them for 35 years.Ask any trapper.

Apples and oranges as compared to calling coyotes.

Originally Posted By: TerminatorI agree with JB, a canine's nose can be fooled....

You should sell that little secret to the drug smugglers! Outta be worth a small fortune.

How would you know if a drug sniffing dog got fooled?Maybe they are bringing drugs in under their nose.You would not find the drugs,the smuggler,and thus,no indication that a crime was ever committed.Take a good look in your local newspaper.Watch the news.Look at the kids hanging on your street corner!Drugs ARE coming into this country every day.EVERYDAY!!!It has to come into the country somewhere.To say that it can't fool a drug sniffing dog is stupid.

Of course there are drugs coming in every day. Lots of em.

But to think that a dog gets the chance to sniff every smuggler and/or his vehicle coming into this country is what is stupid.

Do a little research on the drug sniffin pooches. You might learn a thing or two or more.

a drug sniffin' dog ain't a wild animal like a yote. he doesn't have the same fear of human scent, or humans, as yotes do. he's trained to cover and alert on certain smells.....he's not lookin' over his shoulder every day trying to survive....so, even though both are canine's, they are not the same animal, mentally, emotionally or geographically. now, if one could train a yote to be a drug dog, you would put some drug dealers out of business.....

Originally Posted By: TerminatorI also am a Trapper here in Ga. My target animal is yotes but I also catch foxes, coons, grinners....illegal aliens, you know.....order some coyote urine from a trapping supply house like Minnesota Trapping Supply or F&T. Spray some about 40 yards on each side downwind of your setup........I agree with JB, a canine's nose can be fooled....

If you understand a canines nose you know the coyote can smell you right along and through the cover scent. BTW, how many sides do you have downwind?

OK, i did some research.I found a site full of court cases that say the dog didn't find the drugs,he was comanded by his trainer/handler to sound off.According to this,the majority of drug sniffing dogs are useless at finding drugs.The dogs are used as a means of being able to search a bag or vehicle.When they bark or react or whatever,the officer has the right to search.Noone can question the dog,so noone knows why he barked.Video tape shows the dog reacting to a command,not scent.The site is...rexcurry.net/drugdogsmainr.html...

Yeah, OK, you're correct. It's the dogs handlers that smell the dope. Dumb dog is just doing what it's told.
lol.gif

If'n it makes ya feel better and boosts your confidence by spraying the stuff on ya, go for it.

I thought you said you did reasearch? That isn't exactly what I'd rely on as a reputable source. I do like the part where he rails out against the Pledge of Allegiance. It lends an air of credibility to the rest of his information. Looking up one website hardly constitutes research. Everybody is an expert on the internet.

Court decisions say nothing about the falibility/infalibility of the canine sense of smell. It's simply an opinion based on the presentation of evidence. Or excluding evidence based on how it was obtained or handled. If a K9 hadn't smelled the drugs the case wouldn't be in court in the first place.

The smell of a human walking through an area and a human being in an area are two completely different things. By your logic wary coyotes would be corraled in by the paths of every person that walked through an area without scent eliminator.

Buy all of that crap you want. It's great for game hunting, but that expensive perfume is wasted on a coyotes nose.

Nate

BTW The whole dog reacting to a command thing is propaganda at its finest. K9 handlers are constantly giving commands throughout a search. The dog just does the sniffing, the handler leads the search.

jb,
Credibility counts friend... and that garbage isn't credible. Though I am not a canine handler, I am "in the business" per say. I've trained with canines, put on the bite suit and let them put the crunch on me, hidden drugs and tried to mask the scent of drugs to fool the dog in training exercises, and I have used them in the field for drug interdiction work. I have arrested hundreds, probably thousands, of people for drugs of various kinds. I've seen real dopers try about everything you can imagine to hide the scent of their product from police canines - they went to jail - it seldom worked. I won't claim the dogs are infallible however they're pretty danged good. And I gotta believe a wild canine is better yet. A spritzing or even a hosing down of scent eliminator isn't a magic wand. Scent blocker clothing lost a major lawsuit in which it was proven their product didn't work as advertised. It's just smoke and mirrors and can't prevent a bumbler from screwing up a stand because of poor choices. Nothing beats pure woodsmanship.

+1 w/GC......woodsmanship. That yote im holding up in my avitar pic was my first yote. He came from down wind, 20yds to my right. I had no scent block on. Just what mother nature offers. I have since killed three more using the same tactics, one from down wind. I hunt deer the same way and I do just fine. When I first started hunting White Tail back east, we used to use doe urine on vegetation to attract the bucks but did nothing with our hunting clothes except to keep them outside, in a bag full of leaves, berries, apples and such. I have watched many a hunter spray that stuff all over them when they get out of their car and go for a walk in the woods. I have actually watched a doe, follow their tracks for a bit in the snow and then bolt.........once again, just my $.02

Last edited:
I heard through some LEO friends that there is something that will mask the dope's scent.

Home Security confiscated the product and threatened the owners...it's real hush hush.

Back