Hearing protection act

Let's hope Trump does the same thing Odummer did (meaning not protect the law), and send the best lawyers he can find to support the 2nd A, and set case law.

Okay, essplain this to me. If your an illegal alien and your stopped by the authorities in a sanctuary jurisdiction, they will not ask for your papers and will not deport you. The reasoning is, it is a federal statute and the feds need to handle their own issues.

BUT, if I am stopped by the local sheriff in possession of a suppressor, legal in my state, the sheriff will ask me for my papers, and if I don't have any, the suppressor will be confiscated, I will most likely be detained and charged with a federal crime.

Why do local jurisdictions pick and choose which federal laws they will enforce? Dumb question.

Originally Posted By: MCary
Why do local jurisdictions pick and choose which federal laws they will enforce? Dumb question.

Because, our whole political moral compass is completely f***ed up.

It's all about the rule of law..

Either we do or don't and as you are seeing.. People are saying.. Wait.. Why are you giving me a hard time, but not the others that are clearly breaking the law..

That is when society starts to fall apart and people say screw you, i will do as i wish.

Have a question. If HPA is to pass there will be a large group of folks buying immediately. Would it be feasible to go out now and purchase a can and get the process started, so when law goes into effect you would just go to your dealer and pick it up that day. so you get the exact one you was wanting before there is a large rush on them,causing manufacturers to have a back order log.

Originally Posted By: catfishlouieHave a question. If HPA is to pass there will be a large group of folks buying immediately. Would it be feasible to go out now and purchase a can and get the process started, so when law goes into effect you would just go to your dealer and pick it up that day. so you get the exact one you was wanting before there is a large rush on them,causing manufacturers to have a back order log.

I would get one going now, as much as I'm optimistic for the HPA, I've talked with a couple manufacturers as well as many dealers who don't think it's gonna happen.

Because the LEO is not infringing on your "civil liberties" when asking about your paperwork.....plain and simple. Like many other organizations you simply pick the battles that you think you can win.
All a load of horse poop, but in this day and age that's what we get as.....

Originally Posted By: gonzagaBecause the LEO is not infringing on your "civil liberties" when asking about your paperwork.....plain and simple. Like many other organizations you simply pick the battles that you think you can win.
All a load of horse poop, but in this day and age that's what we get as.....

right - technically you can legally refuse to show your NFA paperwork to anyone but a BATFE agent or an IRS agent since its legally a tax document - however like mentioned, its about the battles you want to fight.

refusing to show your paperwork is more than likely going to end up with a trip to the station, getting booked in, and likely at the very least a phone call to your lawyer to get things sorted out. and at that point you wont have a choice but to show that paperwork to SOMEONE to resolve the situation.

just not worth it when you can take 60 seconds of your life, show the police your stamp, trust (if its trust owned), a photo ID and be done with it.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: catfishlouieHave a question. If HPA is to pass there will be a large group of folks buying immediately. Would it be feasible to go out now and purchase a can and get the process started, so when law goes into effect you would just go to your dealer and pick it up that day. so you get the exact one you was wanting before there is a large rush on them,causing manufacturers to have a back order log.

I would get one going now, as much as I'm optimistic for the HPA, I've talked with a couple manufacturers as well as many dealers who don't think it's gonna happen.

Why don't they think the HPA will pass?

Originally Posted By: skinney

Unfortunately, I believe you are very likely correct and even with all the "big talk" as the incoming President has/does, I just don't see it getting pushed through or it being much of a priority. At this point, I'd be happy with it just going back to how it was before July 13th.

With all the fixing that this country needs I think this will be on the back burner for a long time. It's takes money to push these things through....money to lobby....the "representitives" do not due anything for free....sad but true....
I've paid for 3 tax stamps now, and if I felt I needed another 1 or 10 I'd have no n problem with paying so to get what I want. There are so many uninformed folks out there that have many preconceived notions that suppressors are illegal, or that you are a "hitman" or a sniper of some sort....I've sat at the range for hours answering questions about the legality of the ownership of a suppressor.

Originally Posted By: barkOriginally Posted By: DAAMoney.

- DAA

Could you explain further?what/who's money?

Gov't. Who else. It's a tax. Their money.

- DAA

Contact your congressman and push the issue. I'm sure they can attach it to another bill, [beeep] the national reciprocity Bill is being written right now.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: catfishlouieHave a question. If HPA is to pass there will be a large group of folks buying immediately. Would it be feasible to go out now and purchase a can and get the process started, so when law goes into effect you would just go to your dealer and pick it up that day. so you get the exact one you was wanting before there is a large rush on them,causing manufacturers to have a back order log.

I would get one going now, as much as I'm optimistic for the HPA, I've talked with a couple manufacturers as well as many dealers who don't think it's gonna happen. yea but I talked to thousands of people that didn't think Trump would win either and they were dead wrong. Including myself.

Back