favorite varmit to shoot

ground hogs #1 lots of them around here if you know where to look.My best day is 312 hogs in one verry long day of shooting! My bud and I took over 1600 hogs this year and we did not even put a dint in the population on the farms that we hunt for them, funny thing is that my second fav. Coyote are every where in these spots as well a Jack rabbit

my favorite varmit to shoot is the one i just called in. love em all. crows on the wing, crows with a rifle, fox under a full moon, calling coons out of den trees, feral cats are a personal favorite, as are feral dogs. possums in the quail house. give me a woodlot full of squirrels and a 17hmr and i'm good for days. muskrats, beavers, woodchucks. no prarie dogs here in north alabama. skunks, coyotes and bobcats, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

My favorite is coyotes for sure. I usually shoot porcupines but to be honest I can't help but feel a little bad. Stupid things are so slow it's rediculous.

Rock chucks - seeing how high I can flip them
Porcupines - How much lead can they take to drop from tree
Badgers - can't shoot them in WA. (oops)
Columbia ground squirrels - overpopulated targets
Coyotes - favorite varmint/predator

back about 10 years ago i had a small flock of chickens(200-250). they use to draw in all kinds of vermin predators. a few coons, a fox now and then. we had a pack of feral dog's that used to come in after them, but they didn't last long. the one varmint though that kept coming back and i couldn't ever seem to kill off was the freakin possum. i trapped them, i shot them, but the just kept coming. they were probably my favorite to shoot. i've thought about going out hunting for them, but not really sure how to go about it. i'm not going to get chickens again.

anything thats legal and a piece of lead or broadhead will hit if I do my part!

but seriously probably pigeons with a 17hmr I like seeing the puff of feathers and I can get paid for shootin em gotta love coop

Quote:
Quote:
Crows, no doubt. I snipe them with my .270 w/130gr ballistic tips at max load. You can hear them hit out there at 150yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You got some VERY BIG crows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's a pic of one taken with a .257weatherby mag at 186yds:
S7300621.jpg

Back