favorite varmit to shoot

Quote:
+ 1 for crows with a rifle. With my heavy .223, I can watch them explode through the scope! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Crows, no doubt. I snipe them with my .270 w/130gr ballistic tips at max load. You can hear them hit out there at 150yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Crows, no doubt. I snipe them with my .270 w/130gr ballistic tips at max load. You can hear them hit out there at 150yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You got some VERY BIG crows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1) Prairie poodles just cuz of the high volume shooting at fur

2) Crows, Ravens, and Magpies. I bait them in the winter with a bag of cheap dog food on a fence line 250 yds away from my house and shoot from the upstairs window of my wifes "craft room".

3) Yotes cuz it's so much fun to call them in and seeing the impact in the scope when they fall over is such a hoot.

Quote:
2) Crows, Ravens, and Magpies. I bait them in the winter with a bag of cheap dog food on a fence line 250 yds away from my house and shoot from the upstairs window of my wifes "craft room".

Sounds about right! I use the dormer window at my friends ranch house! We dont need bait though.

Growing up in south Louisiana it would have definitly been nutria rats and any snake that wasn't moving faster than I could track, but I have to say I'm a hugh fan of Marmots above treeline now.

Quote:
Whats your guys favorite varmit to shoot? mine has to be porkypines.

Prairie dogs of course. Every time I see them it looks like the circus is in town.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

-MP

Quote:
can't forget squirrels out the bedroom window first thing in the morning.............pellet rifle at 10 yds.

Dude, that is the best! Got some fond memories of shooting the Gamo out the bedroom window.

Butcher-45 I thought that naturea was only in the south. Anyway they aren't here in colorado, or some dumb A$$ bunny hugger would cry until they put a season and bag limit on them like they did our rockchucks ,season just started and you can only shoot 2 a day and have 4 in possesion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Quote:
Anyone here shooting varmint/predators in NY State and if so what and where???

I used to shoot chucks and crows, up along the Taconic Pky. Now I live in Connecticut, and it sucks. Most farms have been bulldozed over and converted into Corporate Headquarters.

I'm thinking of getting a NY hunting license again.

New Joisey really sucks. If you live in Northern Joisey, you would be better off hunting in NY or PA.

I lived in PA for 6 years, and it was a varmint hunters heaven. In NY, once you are north of Westchester County, it's real nice.

Back