Don't drop your MOJO when it's 7 degrees

Originally Posted By: dwisepromapper,

Would it be possible for you to post a couple close-up pictures of the circuit board (a picture of each side)? I'm curious as to what the timer circuit looks like.

Hey dwise, you can buy the timer. Just go to the mojo web site and select the decoy parts link.

i think it sucks that you pay $40 for something and then have to fix or re-design it right out of the box. i wont be buying one anytime soon.

Definitely Greyhunter! Anything mechanical can break, but I sure wouldn't mind getting mine repaired if it was made in the U.S.A. I have a jack in the box & it's too big & too heavy. The mojo is cool, but bad strength design. Raise the price and make it the U.S.A.!

After reading this thread. I know I won't be buying a Mojo critter. No matter where it's made. I can't stand to see a company sell a product they know has a problem.

7 degrees!

That cold, man cold!

Ball shrinking cold!

Little Willie won't cold!!

The turtle ain't coming out of his shell cold!!!

I've been colder.

But I didn't like it, which is why I live in the sunny south.

Once in Omaha, it hit 17 or so below zero, real temp, wind chill -85.

I had all I want of that...

mine broke at the post and crack on top. i called cabelas and they send me another one. mojo will take care of it if you call them..she said it would take 2 weeks. cabelas said 1 week so i went with them. cheap plastic....cracks in cold weather...works well regardless...

Got mine today from APC. They did a good job packing it but sure enough cracked top:

IMG_8382.jpg

Unbelievably thin plastic top. Repair in the works...

thats what mine looked like when i took it out of the package. i used it anyway however the second time i used it with the mojo post it snapped off the stud on the bottom. I did have yotes looking at it so it does work...however.the cheap plastic is unacceptable.
We have used the mojo ducks for years and had the same problem with the stud on the duck...cheap plastic. when my mojo critter dies i am going to make my own unless they start using something better.

Last edited:
if u fix it make sure u use something that holds polyethylene together. no bondo, 5min appoxy or anything like that...u need a plastic welder... i used slow zap super glue and bondo to get it to stick for one more hunt..till they replaced mine.

Great job,Promapper,thats what I will be doing next also,I used a tube of super glue,to fix mine,but I am going to redo it at the end of the season.
smile.gif

promapper, first rate retro-engineering and thanks for the pics.

The bottom broke on mine when I tried to push the stake through frozen crust. I sealed the bottom with wader glue and made a base for the critter to sit in. I'll post some pics as soon as I find the cable for my camera. I had some scrap flat stock and a little cut, grind, weld later, the critter's back in business.

Here's my fix.

I used the same threaded end types on both ends...the mounting face for the motor looked flatter, so I thought I'd get a better bond.
IMG_8384.jpg

After I took the next picture I put a bead of epoxy puddy around where the motor mounts to the pcv end piece (only one screw is started in this photo. It snugged right up with both screws in (and I had to countersink).

IMG_8383.jpg

Epoxy puddy anchors the thread coupler for the spike. Here it is before paint:
IMG_8390.jpg

Painted:
IMG_8398.jpg

Needs a bigger fur coat now as it is longer and wider than before. 1000% stronger too.

With this set up you can unthread the spike end and step it into the ground.

After breaking (and fixing) the bottom of mine, it has worked well. Then tonight it fell out of my pack while taking off my boots, broke the top this time. Time to get out the JB Weld again....

American design = good, Chinese build = CRAP.

I hate to [beeep] but this seems to be the most popular deek on the market and here we are on a 6 page thread dedicated to how to fix it.

I will say it has excellent battery life. So far the batteries have outlasted the housing twice!

I explained the situation to a gear head engineer friend of mine. All he could say was "I wish I had a product that everybody knew they were going to have to fix and were waiting in line to buy anyway."

That kind of says it all doesn't it?

I have the mojo dove decoy. That thing brings them in like they were in a cage. It is sturdy and the batteries last forever. To bad their other products aren't as good. It even drew the attention of a coyote when I had it staked about 20 yards away from my dove blind.

Last edited:
Back