best hunt ever ( mountian lion )

Thanks to all the fine members for the kind words, Yes it was a 223, 55 gr, soft point after skining I found a 50 cent size hole in the chest and NO exit
Thanks again
Joe

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks to all the fine members for the kind words, Yes it was a 223, 55 gr, soft point after skining I found a 50 cent size hole in the chest and exit

Great. I'm really going to do some calling for a lion this winter and just want to make sure .223's enough.

Can you believe the power in those forelegs?!?! I was impressed by that when I saw mine. I'm still waiting for my rug, it's been "almost done" for several months now!

Dad,so proud of you,I know how long and hard you have been hunting for the Lion, Iam sure it was one of the best days that you have ever had !!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up man.

How on EARTH could I have missed this?!?!?! WOW, what a GREAT story, and even better PICS!

Congratulations on a real prize! I believe you are right....that oughta make one DANDY rug! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

there is one reason I have not tried the shotgun shooting heavy shot thing yet. If a mountain lion walks in its a no-kill by law here in Arizona. You could try a sidearm, but barring that, you are going to have to just let it walk on by unless you have slugs in your gun.

Very nice Joe!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Congratulations. There's a lot to be said for being in the right place at the right time. I'm very jealous and need some lessons on making that happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Congrats on the lion!
It's a nice one.

Now everyone that has spent HOURS on stand waiting for a lion to show up that never does should notice that he has the secret to calling lions.

He was calling WHERE A LION WAS.
That is THE secret to calling lions.
For an adult lion to come running at 1 minute... he set up on top of her. (I wish I had the good fortune picking my stands)
Unless you actually see them right before you start calling you never know when one will pop up if your in lion country, so be prepared.

Yes sir! I definitely second all the accolades! I also agree she will be a very nice rug, she would be breath-taking as a full-body mount. She is beautiful!!

I CAN ONLY BE HAPPY FOR YOU. CONSIDERING THE OPEN COUNTRY AND A MATURE ANIMAL IT'S A AWSOME EFFORT TO TAKE SUCH A PRIZE. CONGRATS.

Back