Baiting

I went to one stand site today to remove rebar stakes that kept the pop-up in place. Ran into the owner, told him how many I shot there, he said I left a couple for seed. He also told me I was welcomed back next winter.

Looking forward to the fall already. Hope you have a good season spot.

and speaking of leaving seed:

EIqW2Oh.jpg

I have stopped putting out bait at the new lease until fall but there are quite a few bones left from the hogs. This coyote came 3 times last night to get bones.

Re0NfPp.jpg

This coyote decided "pizz on it" was his attitude. My wife's trace mineral block put out for the deer.

dPxJbtn.jpg

I only pull the card now and then, maybe twice since August of last year. I take it home to the computer and erase photos. I think the photos I posted on the previous page are ones that came from the SD card, but many times I just use ones from my phone. I actually don’t have the camera set to HD photos and keep resolution a bit lower.

wf, I am posting them from what is sent via cell service, not pulling the card. I have this one set to 8MP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I only pull the card now and then, maybe twice since August of last year. I take it home to the computer and erase photos. I think the photos I posted on the previous page are ones that came from the SD card, but many times I just use ones from my phone. I actually don’t have the camera set to HD photos and keep resolution a bit lower.

For what it's worth, I don't believe you need to erase pics from the SD card on the Tactacams. If the card fills up, I believe it will start erasing the oldest pic and replaces it with the new one. I have been running 2 Tactacams since the Reveal came out, and another 2 Reveal Xs when they came out. I have never pulled a card yet. A nice feature they strated a year or so ago is the option to have a pic sent to you in HD. This is nice if you get a good pic you want to save/post in higher quality. I think it's $5 for 50 HD pics. You choose the pic, and they resend it to you in HD. I've been doing this for a year and still haven't gone through my first 50.

I hate to get my hopes up. A deer hunter got the last black one here and tossed him in a ditch. I will take my chances and wait for fall to try for him.

Xk6wsSX.jpg

Originally Posted By: hm1996What a waste! When does your deer season open?

Regards,
hm

Usually 9-1-xx for gun, we have a short 2 week buck only bow season 8-15 to 8-31

Week, I hope your "friend" doesn't shoot that one as well. I finally made contact with a visitor last night about 1:00 A.M. I shot this young female (unbred) at 160 yds. Unfortunately, I had an FTR-failure to record.

#64a by Double Up, on Flickr

#64 by Double Up, on Flickr

Yeah Week, hope that black one dodges deer hunters and finds his way back to your bait site this fall. DoubleUp, sorry about the video but at least you are still in the game and dropping them.

A female coyote has been at my site for the last two nights, and has been hanging around lately with several visits. Maybe she will tell all her friends where the food is and I will have visitors this fall.

Back