Baiting

NY season ended last Sunday at midnight, I was able to take one more that night, but haven't been back on much since so missed a lot of the activity. Congrats to all who've been killing it this past week. Like clockwork once the season closed I have coyotes visiting with regularity, there's always next year. I'll get pics up when I get a chance, forgot to hit the record so no video.

TJ glad they found it early, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted By: tj66Good job lately to everyone. Keep after ‘em Found out couple days ago my season is over for now. Routine checkup at doctor turned into spot of cancer in my lungs, and 2 tumors in my melon. Caught them early so hopefully good outcome.

Best of luck to ya TJ, we're all rooting for you.

Originally Posted By: tj66Good job lately to everyone. Keep after ‘em Found out couple days ago my season is over for now. Routine checkup at doctor turned into spot of cancer in my lungs, and 2 tumors in my melon. Caught them early so hopefully good outcome.

Good luck on rest of your seasons

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

Originally Posted By: coyote_thumperI had another visitor a couple nights ago. This is number 13 for me for 2023.

Way to pound them! It's stunning to have 13 down on one plot of land, all before the middle of April.

Congrats Thumper

Our season in NY ended 3/26. I managed this one on the last night, forgot to hit record and thought I missed, no reaction to the shot. My lab found her piled up in 40 yards. Been having regular visits since. This makes 5 off the bait this year which is my best, usually it's 2-3. The odd thing is I heard another guy who just moved in down the road is baiting also. You'd think that would be in issue but my coyote visits were way up this year. Maybe competition and multiple baits help.

Next years
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2orR78a]

Last edited:

Good job, Paul. My season was the same as yours, with 5. This year has been slower for me than the last two. Last year I got 8 and the year before, 12. I could have killed another one recently but gave it a pass since it appears to be a female, and pregnant.

Back