Baiting

Not really off my bait site, but I shot a big male this evening in the calving pasture. Shot at 180 with 22-204ai 53 v-max and Hogster 35R.

[img:left][/img]

06- good job! Watching the video I wasn't sure which yote you were going to shoot. You certainly had a broadside for both. That male was trying to crest the hill top, but you had cut his steam short! Very nice.

TJ, looks like you are still in the game. I plan to end my season sometime this month.

Gobbler, I saw that one up at the treeline and waited for him to come out for a better shot. I decided to take him first since he was further away, thinking I might be able to get the closer one too, but it didn’t work out that way. I should have held a little higher for aiming since most likely would have dropped him right there. Probably wouldn’t have mattered anyway since the other one was gone in a flash.

Only watching the calving pastures... if they are out there I try to get on them.

Your video looked nice. It looks like your Rattler puts out clear image

Last edited:
Great job 06! Congrats on another mission accomplished and a great video. Beautiful looking coyotes you still have there, really nice. 6x45 strikes again, I love that caliber!

Congrats on another tj! Good work, it looks like you are still in em for an "extended season".
smile.gif

As he was running I began to think that one might get away. I was relieved to see him fall just below the ridge top within sight. That gave me peace of mind the rest of the night knowing he was lying up there. I have had a couple of runners this season, but usually they drop where standing.

The 6x45 has accounted for quite a few coyotes over the years. It is more cartridge than its small size might indicate.

You have neat equipment and make some really fine informative posts 06, not to mention top notch videos, or did I mention it...

My hunting partner called in a nice double on our stand last night. Unfotunately for him, the firing pin didn't fall when he tried to shoot. So, he shucked another one in and it failed to fire again. I killed the male as he was getting ready to leave. Did not get the female. Here is the video:

Video link:

After I finished working up the video of the calling stand, I heard the alarm go off just about 1:00 A.M. When I investigated it was this female which has visited several times but always at around 3:00 A.M. Here is a picture of her just before her "timely demise."

#42a by Double Up, on Flickr

Here is the video of her shortly afterwards. A young female probably last year's pup and not breeding this season.

Video link:

DU- congrats on killing the puppy producer. At 9-10 months old a female coyote can be sexually mature. At least you took her out of the possibility.

Week- here's hoping you get a chance at that black one!

Wow !!! Week, that is a beautiful coyote. Choose your weapon carefully for that one. I surely hope you can get him.

Originally Posted By: weekenderI just got permission to hunt this one. Might be the best looking coyote I have ever seen.

tD2AWV8.jpg

Good luck!!! That one is nice for sure.

Back