ATN X-sight --- Shipping to distributers

I am not new to this forum at all. I had to change my user name due to lost password. I was viewing this sight long before I became a member. I am in no way new to predator hunting. I look up to skyfox and have asked him for his opinion on things on this forum and other forums. I learned the whole infrared light thing from reading skyfox' previous posts. It just seems like he is quick to bash anything that is not high dollar equipment! I'm sorry if I came off wrong!

Originally Posted By: bobschauberSky pup, nobody said anything about red light from the ir led. I know you want to prove how this new sight is not as good as one of your high dollar units, we all get that! I stated that animals can not see ir!

bobschauber, I stated that IR LEDs put out visible red light which can be see by both humans and animals.

GMAN757 was the one who mentioned that animals can see the red glow from this.

I do not have to prove that this new sight is not as good as any of my "high dollar" instruments, I have many instruments from various manufacturers and do not have this new sight.

Do you have one?

Originally Posted By: bobschauberWhat if an ir laser was used with the unit?

Good IR Lasers are close to monochromatic, IR LEDs are not anywhere near monochromatic.

The problem with the IR Laser is that you would only be able to see a tiny dot, not illuminate the entire view of the scope.

A laser puts out a single beam in a pin point fashion, that would be all that you would be able to see, a dot.

Originally Posted By: bobschauberI am not new to this forum at all. I had to change my user name due to lost password. I was viewing this sight long before I became a member. I am in no way new to predator hunting. I look up to skyfox and have asked him for his opinion on things on this forum and other forums. I learned the whole infrared light thing from reading skyfox' previous posts. It just seems like he is quick to bash anything that is not high dollar equipment! I'm sorry if I came off wrong!

boschauber, it is pretty difficult to bash or praise something I do not own or use no matter what it is since all the information I have to go on it is a year of the manufacturers PR about it. I do not own one, I have not used one, and if I get one it will be used on a .22 rifle or a pellet rifle.

As repeatedly said before with NV instruments, "You do get what you pay for!"

You get what you pay for? Not with ATN. You pay for it and you don't get it, unless you count promises, and verbal baloney.

Originally Posted By: bobschauberI am not new to this forum at all. I had to change my user name due to lost password. I was viewing this sight long before I became a member. I am in no way new to predator hunting. I look up to skyfox and have asked him for his opinion on things on this forum and other forums. I learned the whole infrared light thing from reading skyfox' previous posts. It just seems like he is quick to bash anything that is not high dollar equipment! I'm sorry if I came off wrong!

I too an a new user here, but I just see ATN false advertising their gear. I mean their rep even tells everyone he's gonna give them the silent treatment because the consumers voice their opinions. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_640/254204_ATN_Xsight_Review.html&page=1#i2460604

Their sister company or break off company whatever they are Armasight sells the same advertising. All import gear from Russia and China chop shops.

From what I've just seen on the Texas Hunting Forum, it looks like the x-sight has some pretty good attributes. The hunting footing presented there looks good.

So they pushed my delivery date to the end of December. Needless to say I flipped my lid and cancelled the order! Our fox season starts in two weeks! I received my flir ps32 and I love it. I don't have enough money right now for a high end night vision scope. Sky pup I really do agree with you that you get what you pay for, but right now I have to settle for something less quality. What do you guys think of the photon or the pulsar?

Last edited:
I personally like the Photon XT, but it might be a little hard to get. If you can find one, that will do the trick. I've looked through a Pulsar N750 and find it to be nice, but the Photon gets pretty close to the same result without the price. The quality on the Photon is pretty decent. I've got a PVS-4 and like the view through it, but the reticle doesn't suit me at all. It is also pretty big and cumbersome to pack around if you are a stalking hunter. It really needs a set of wheels under it. Mine works well, and I've killed some coyotes with it, but I much prefer the Photon for convenience. I also like the way you can get a good cheek weld with the Photon. The Pulsar seemd a little high for me.

I don't have any experience with the m845, but that looks like it would be a decent scope. If you want to get something to run this season, I guess it depends on what you want to spend and availability, as I think any of them would work out well for you.

The UNV20 IR is a pretty good light. I understand that Tyler has an improvement on it in the works. If a person, wanted to, it's not to hard to roll your own so to speak. Take a T-20 and put your own IR chip in it and you're good to go. From what I understand, though, the x-sight comes with an auxiliary light. It's hard for me to be really sure what is what with the x-sight. There has been so much bull crap distributed about the scope that it's difficult to see through the brown.

Originally Posted By: 1loboThe UNV20 IR is a pretty good light. I understand that Tyler has an improvement on it in the works. If a person, wanted to, it's not to hard to roll your own so to speak. Take a T-20 and put your own IR chip in it and you're good to go. From what I understand, though, the x-sight comes with an auxiliary light. It's hard for me to be really sure what is what with the x-sight. There has been so much bull crap distributed about the scope that it's difficult to see through the brown.
I totally agree. That's why I'm waiting to see some of the PM guys post some realtime footage. I just don't trust some of the stuff being posted in the Texas forum.

I read three reviews from three different posters there and they tried to act like it was their own scope. It turns out that it was one scope handed around and that was dealer demo. I don't think that any have been delivered yet, nor are they close. The ATN rep posted pictures of a bunch of boxes, but they could have been anywhere not necessarily at a distributor as he would have you believe. There is just too much caca del toro bandied about. If anyone gets one of those scopes this month, I will be surprised. I am looking forward to hearing some real data on them. They do have my interest, as well as my suspicion.

I don't know what to make of the X-Sight at this time. It may be the best NV scope on the market for the money, or it may be the biggest fluke to hit the night vision industry. Time will tell. I'm like 1lobo, I have interest as well as suspicion.

I think ATN has already done itself a disservice with the prolonged shipment of the scopes. It had better be good if they are to maintain any integrity at all.

It does look like they are finally hitting the market. I agree David, time will tell. This is a good one to sit on the sidelines and watch for a bit. I suspect the first ones might be kinda buggy. They seemed to be struggling with software issues for a long time. I wouldn't want to be one of the first buyers on this one. I think your homebuilt still looks pretty darn good compared with videos that people have posted. Makes for some interesting reading.

BB Interesting ad. Wonder if somebody did an early order and just passed it on for some profit, or found something they didn't like?

That Ex-Sight looks like catfish bait, bottom feeders beware!

But, the PR hype from ATN has been extremely intense and laughable...
cool.gif

Back