Acouple of South Ga. Hogs

Got 2 out of a group of about 20 yesterday evening in a burned off wheat field. Cell pic s are pretty poor.
259d4ld.jpg

2aew4ux.jpg

Nice going Stonecreek. Pretty cat too.

I have a hog hunt scheduled in south Georgia for this coming December. I'm looking forward to it.

Have not posted in awhile. Here are a couple with my new AR topped with a Bushnell scope and Burris mount. First 2 shots resulted in 2 hogs down.
23w4mlt.jpg

161kpzs.jpg

Not a bad way to break in a rifle!
Deer season has shut us down, other than an occasional call to clean up a few on farms here and there.
You'll enjoy the ar, but I'm going to warn you. The next logical step is a thermal scope and they are awesome!
Holler if you want to try one sometime.

Lets make a hunt when deer season winds down. Bow hunting deer is where I am at for the next couple months and hope to stick a hog to. Richard

Deer season still in full swing down here but have taken a couple hogs from stand with bow and one decent buck and a couple does. Had to turn the dogs out on a recovery project on one sow. Kill shot but ran a country mile.
2v3g9cx.jpg

33o4nbp.jpg

208wspd.jpg

Gonna work on some yotes the next couple weeks.
Richard

Still limited on hunting due to deer season and the fields are pretty soaked from last weeks flooding. But did check a field and could see a group of small hogs about 400 yards out. Was able to use the peanut bales as cover and walked up to within 75 yards and busted 1 small boar.
97l43r.jpg

2wcjsx4.jpg

While checking the hog looked out and seen a yote sitting about 500 yards off. Deer season ends Sunday in south Georgia and then the real hunting will began. Really like this Windham AR!!!
Richard

Took Caro out for a quick run by herself. Kept a good hog bayed until I could slip in there and finish her off with 22 mag. good day.
30tphg4.jpg

Also got a Youtube video of the hunt but don't know how to post- its under Caro and Sow(Blackmouthcur)
Richard

Very nice!
We got the dogs out a little last week. They worked well to have been laid off so long and we caught a couple.
Y'all stay after them.

No shooting this weekend but had one of those pack hunts where the stars were lined up for us! And trust me it don't happen like this often. Temp was in mid 20s and we caught 6 good un's. Hogs laid tight in cover and did not have much fight in them. Everything was close and each catch was quick with no dogs cut etc... here is a pic of the first hog a big sow. I'm holding Bear my oldest Jagd.
2460sx0.jpg

Last hog of day big tall boar.
11imt0x.jpg

Good day and almost 1000 lbs of hogs was harvested.
Richard

Back