Abortion----Politics

Quote:
If a law was passed saying that a parent could butcher their five year old, would you support that as an "individual decision"?

And you think a law like that would pass? Is this one of those slippery slope scenarios that people love to throw out there in attempt to equate one issue with an imagined extreme that hasn’t happened and most likely never will?

So, we don't get a "yes or "no" answer then?

The slippery slope is what made abortion legal to begin with. At first, it was only supposed to be done in the first trimester and in cases where childbirth "would endanger the health of the mother". Today they are being turned around in the birth canal to be born breech (which does endanger the mothers life) and being fully delivered with the exception of the head. Then, sharp scissors are plunged into the back of the baby's head and the brains are sucked out. There is NO difference between the two examples I gave other than age. Anyone who would support this is a sick POS.

Quote:
At this point abortion is a legal medical procedure. If you can cite any court ruling that rules it to be murder please link to it. This is a decision to be made by the individuals involved, not by someone else’s religious beliefs.

One problem.Everybody has to answer to god, who is above any human laws.His laws is above any other law in any country.Abortion is against gods wishes.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dont really understand why abortion is ALWAYS a topic during the election...(and i for one think there are a lot more important issuses to be discussed. Personally i dont believe in it,

JWP:

The reason why abortion is always mentioned during every election is because our founding fathers understood that our GOD GIVEN rights included FIRST--- LIFE, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of Happiness.

One who supports abortion rejects this truth, and is a murderer in his or her heart.

There simply is no greater issue to be discussed that the brutal slaughter of innocent unborn!

Everyone, read this link:

http://www.movementforabetteramerica.org/images/BombFlyer.pdf

So would it be no big deal if 60 of our largest cities were destroy in a nuclear holocaust!

Quote:
but i dont have the right to tell other people what is right or wrong.

YES YOU DO! That is what the content of law is all about; maintaining a nation of law and order and ensuring that ALL of its citizens are protected under the law.

Quite simply, abortion is the greatest killer throughout the entire planet, and it is the only genocide that exclusively targets a group of people that are 100% innocent of any charges.

jwp, I agree with you, abortion is not a subject that always should be mentioned during the election.

It is a subject that should continually be upon our mind until this wicked, bloody, barbaric, genocidal practice is purged from the whole earth.

Largely, because of this murder, God himself is going to require 2 billion of our own lives to pay for the evil we have embraced.

Rev 9:14-15, 20-21
The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the horns of the golden altar that is before God. It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates." And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind (over 2 billion people).

The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood-idols that cannot see or hear or walk. Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Agreed thank you also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

What misinformation would that be? Abortion is the death of a human being. Period. When done intentionally by man, it is the murder of a human being. That FACT is undeniable and undebatable. Are you going to answer my original question?

Quote:
One problem.Everybody has to answer to god, who is above any human laws.His laws is above any other law in any country.Abortion is against gods wishes.

Then by all means don’t have one.

Those of you who want abortion banned are you also against birth control? Are you against sex education? I would gladly see abortion replaced by other means but don’t think it should be banned in all cases.

I was afraid of this. Some people trying to justify abortion. It is beyond me to understand. There is no right or wrong in society. JWP,you are all for freedom and rights. But it seems you just care about the rights that effect you. The four fathers of this country were clear, RIGHT TO LIFE. It is not the economy that will hurt our country,but the turn away from God. God said, Turn to me and I will heal your lands.

If you don't believe in abortion then by all means don't have one. Don't tell me I can't do what is legal and in my best interests because you don't approve. You don't like people telling you what you can and can't do with your guns. Why is it O.K. to tell a women what she can and can't do with her own body.

I don't think people should be allowed to get so %$%$#@%$ fat, or smoke for that matter. It is a disgrace to God to treat his body like that. It is tatamount to suicide which is I believe is looked down on by God. But until they outlaw twinkies I guess I am just going to have to deal with it.

This is the most important issue in America. ALL my voting is determined by this issue alone. God is in the process of allowing judgment to fall on this country. The cry of the unborn has reached heaven, God is not mocked. We are not going to murder over 40,000,000 babies and get away with it. Period.

BTW, I think jwp has lost all credibility here.

Last edited:
Quote:
Those of you who want abortion banned are you also against birth control? Are you against sex education? I would gladly see abortion replaced by other means but don’t think it should be banned in all cases.

I too would prefer people not have to make the decision. But it is a personal decision that people should have the right to make. God will judge it's not someone elses job to do it in his stead. We have been warned.

When you talk about legislation, I strongly advise you all to come up with reasons other than gods will or quoting scripture.

People who may be otherwise convinced to at least consider your position will simply shut down when you start talking about legislation based on religion. Like or not, it's a fact.

And because it is such a useful issue for them the GOP won’t allow it to be banned. They can’t afford it to be banned. The GOP just came off 6 years with a President and a majority in both houses. All they accomplished was to ban a procedure that was rarely used outside of a medical emergency.

Quote:
If you don't believe in abortion then by all means don't have one. Don't tell me I can't do what is legal and in my best interests because you don't approve. You don't like people telling you what you can and can't do with your guns. Why is it O.K. to tell a women what she can and can't do with her own body.

I don't think people should be allowed to get so %$%$#@%$ fat, or smoke for that matter. It is a disgrace to God to treat his body like that. It is tatamount to suicide which is I believe is looked down on by God. But until they outlaw twinkies I guess I am just going to have to deal with it.

I'll pose the same question to you that Rimmy avoided twice. If a law was passed that made it legal for a parent to butcher their five year old child, would you support it? Doesn't a person have the "right" to make such a decision, if it in their best interests? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
When you talk about legislation, I strongly advise you all to come up with reasons other than gods will or quoting scripture.

People who may be otherwise convinced to at least consider your position will simply shut down when you start talking about legislation based on religion. Like or not, it's a fact.

Why is it a crime to lie under oath, steal someones's possessions, or murder someone other than a baby? Our laws are based on Scripture. Abortion is no different. I challenge any but the most cold hearted of the pro-death crowd to change their views if they actually witnessed a baby being slaughtered.

Quote:
I'll pose the same question to you that Rimmy avoided twice. If a law was passed that made it legal for a parent to butcher their five year old child, would you support it? Doesn't a person have the "right" to make such a decision, if it in their best interests? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I answered that question the first time you asked it. You were looking for a yes or no answer and didn’t like the way I answered it.

Quote:
And you think a law like that would pass? Is this one of those slippery slope scenarios that people love to throw out there in attempt to equate one issue with an imagined extreme that hasn’t happened and most likely never will?

No, not quite.

Why is stealing illegal? Because it means that you have taken something from someone against their will. You have violated their right to their property. Very simple, very clear. No religion involved nor required.

If you tell me we need to pass a law "because it's against god's will", I'll tell you to stuff it & keep on hiking. We do not have a state religion.

Not everyone subject to our laws is a christian. All people do not believe in the 10 commandments, nor any other part of the bible, yet the laws apply to all equally.

When I said that people will simply shut down on the subject with you, I mean it. I'm one of them. I simply have no interest in drafting legislation based on what someone believes god wants, nor what it says in any particular religious book.

Why? Because then you have the problem over who's scripture to use. Who's interpretation of it to use. Who's belief to use. For example, if it's OK to pass laws based on biblical scripture, then it is perfectly OK to do the same based on the koran.

You want that? I [beeep] sure don't.

Legally & legislatively this is a secular nation. It's people are free to pursue any faith they individually choose, even none at all. Its govt is not free to force religion on people in the form of laws.

I have no problem with religious people in govt. It's entirely appropriate that their faith & values guide their decisions. It is not appropriate that they should force laws on us with no basis other than those beliefs.

Any of you ever stand with your wife and see the first ultrasound of your baby? Ever see them sucking their thumb in the womb? Ever hear their hearbeat before your wife was even starting to show? Ever cut the cord when they are born? Ever take them from the doctor wrapped up in a blanket for the first time?

Now tell me this practice is alright. Tell me it is a personal choice. You don't want a woman to be told what to do with her body? You don't want anyone to be inconvienced by their child?

I would die for mine with out ever thinking twice.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back