6mm Creedmoor for coyotes

I'm a bit leery of trolls, so when a new guy asks for 'maximum damage' on a first post, it makes me wonder a bit.

I've been on PM since maybe 2002-2006, as K22-Hornet.
Not a troll at all. Just a guy that’s been lurking in here for a while and decided to join. Nothing else. Have a little trust, life’s short.

108g ELDMs seem to do work...This was at 225 yards, behind the shoulder. Good 3" exit at least.
Snapchat-1188867470.jpg

I have used both the 75's and 87 vmax in my 6 creed.
Tend to get better accuracy out of the 87's.
Neither are fur friendly.

46eFurD.jpg

I'm a big fan of the 6MM CM and the .243 A.I. never could get the 87 gr. v-max to work for me the 105 gr. Scenar or 105 Berger both work very well for me on Coyotes and Bobcats, the Berger is a little softer than the Scenar but both kill like lighting and don't do a lot of pelt damage, YMMV Murl B

Some people just can't stand Success and the CM's are covered up with Success, Murl B.
I'm not so sure of that. Creedmoor is covered with advertising to sell a product. I have a 260 and got it on purpose as I have a lot of 308 case's around. I don't know if they would make a Creedmoor case or not but I do know they'll make a 260 case. From what I've read about the 260 vrs the Creedmoore it sounds like the biggest difference might be the faster twist in the Creedmoor. My 260 is shooting 140gr bullet's just fine! Bet the Creedmoor is a good cartridge too, just like being able to make case's from 308 case's.

Polock, You are hung up on the 260 and that's ok, but---but---but you are comparing the 260 to the 6.5 CM they are close but the 6.5 CM wins out on factory support and Hornady and others ammo supply, 6.5 CM brass is every where no need to make it out of another size. the 260 with 140 gr. does not out shoot the 6.5 CM but is compareable. and the 6.5 CM is just one of the CM's the 22CM,6CM, 6.5CM, 6.5 PRC 7 PRC, 300 PRC are all CM's, It's great you like the 260 but the shooting world has gone by you and your sitting in the dust. Murl B.

I own both, shoot both extensively and in no way will a CM out run a properly set up 260 with the proper throat and barrel twist, not today or any day, period.

CM definitely won the marketing war in popularity for factory support.

Also CMs bolt (.473) is TOTALLY different than the PRC (.532), might wanna look again....

Here's a long range precision 260 round that has a long throat and 140 Berger Hybrids next to a 6.5cm with 143ELD-X

17135566176151009065886753301765.jpg

Kino, You are correct if you have a properly set up 260 but you can't buy a properly set up 260 or the ammo for it. the 6.5 CM you can buy the rifle and ammo of the shelf at any LGS on the range regardless of distance there's very little difference between the two. of course the PRC's are a different bolt face but the are the CM case design and there for very efficient. Murl B.

The 260 lost simply due to the twist it was built for. Same for the .243, same for the 220 swift and 22-250.
All of them can be set up to perform as good or better than their modern counter parts...but they weren't designed that way from the start.

Bullet choice matters and to be usable with modern LR bullet choice...you need twist.

The 260 lost simply due to the twist it was built for. Same for the .243, same for the 220 swift and 22-250.
All of them can be set up to perform as good or better than their modern counter parts...but they weren't designed that way from the start.

Bullet choice matters and to be usable with modern LR bullet choice...you need twist.
They wasn't designed that way because most of those calibers was released 70 years ago, the heavy, high BC bullets wasn't even made yet!

I don't disagree at all that the "new" saami specd cartridges that Hornady "invented" and marketed is the way to go for beginners or guys that don't reload and need factory support. It's also the way to go if your only planning on shooting the heavies. Contrary, the old stand bys will run over them with the light varmint bullets, slow twist and short throats if your wanting fast and flat to 300 or so for calling guns.

Most people only respond to what's being currently marketed, regardless if it's the best tool for the job or not.

Last edited:
And a P-51 Mustang will out due a F-16 if you tweak it enough everyone know that--- RIGHT ??? Murl B.
Absolutely, if crop dusting is the task at hand or dropping surrender flyers to Hornady and Creedmore fan boys that thinks it's the end all be all choice :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back