6mm Creedmoor for coyotes

Joelwill

I’m looking for a reload that’s not fur friendly. Im shooting the 87gr V-max factory loads, and they shoot great, just not the damage I’m looking to see. What you guys have experience with?

I don’t own a Creed anymore, but I own four 243s. I don’t think there is a fur friendly .243 projectile on the planet. lol. But that’s what I love about them. I’ve tried 70 Nosler ballistic tips and 90 grain Nosler ballistic tips. if I miss a rib bone in and out it will leave small holes that you don’t even see. If you connect with a rib going in or going out you can stick your fist through it. I have a bunch of boxes of Nosler 55 grain ballistic tips and also 60 grain Sierra Hollow points (part number #1500) I will eventually try. There’s quite a few guys here that say the 60 grain hollowpoint Sierras are pretty fur friendly loaded in 243 Win. I would assume they would do the same in a 6 mm Creedmoor? Don’t know just speculating, but if you google that bullet here a lot of guys say they’re very fur friendly. Apparently they go in small and don’t come out. Don’t know if anybody loads factory loads in a creedmoor for them. I have two super tight loads cooked up with two different powders with the 60‘s. It’s either that or pick out a heavy per caliber bullet…that’s what they tell me here anyways that are meant for deer hunting. I will be curious to see how the little 60 grain Seirra bullets do for me.

Last edited:
I am curious as to why more “damage” and the ability to “make one heck of a mess” is important? They’re your bullets and dead coyotes so it’s your decision on the outcome. I’m curious to know why more carnage is the priority?

My personal view is just the opposite. I would rather have them lying there just as dead in perfect condition. Maybe I’m a weirdo? 😕

You say that 87 VMax isn't violent enough? Then you need to set some claymores or just start throwing hand grenades and get it over with .............

Just remember that extreme carnage is NOT what hunting is all about, and any pics/videos taken and published does nothing to promote it.

87gr vmax are definitely not fur friendly! If your not happy then hit then in the shoulder so the bullet fragments more violently

105 Amax can be pretty nasty, I'm running them out of a long barreled 243 for really windy days and when it hits meat it's pretty ugly.

"I’m looking for a reload that’s not fur friendly. Im shooting the 87gr V-max factory loads, and they shoot great, just not the damage I’m looking to see. What you guys have experience with?"

Dead is dead.

Like a few others, I'm curious why you need more damage?

OK, I don't shoot a 6 needmore. But I do shoot a 6mmrem.
I use a 55 gr Balistictip or Varmageden both shoot the same out of my gun.
Now, I shoot it at 4200 fps. If you want dead coyotes and don't care what the hair looks like hit a dog with a varmint bullet at that kind of speed. DANG. But it's very dead. I have never had one splash on a dead-center shoulder shot. I have had both eyes pop out with a head or ear, shot.

"I’m looking for a reload that’s not fur friendly. Im shooting the 87gr V-max factory loads, and they shoot great, just not the damage I’m looking to see. What you guys have experience with?"

Dead is dead.

Like a few others, I'm curious why you need more damage?

I'm guessing for dramatic footage in thermal videos...

I shoot 75gr Vmax in my 6-284 and they are definitely, NOT, fur friendly on coyotes and leave gaping holes. When we have snow they never disappoint and leave one heck of a mess. :)
Shooting 75gr V-max in a 243 at 200yds I got an eye opener. Target was simple paper attached to a 1" piece of styrofoam backing. Great shooting load then I looked on the back side and the ground was littered with blown up 75 gr bullets. fairly fragile and I would expect them to blow up on a coyote. matter of fact wasn't sure they would exit! Seem to be a fragile as the old Hornady SX bullet's!

I am curious as to why more “damage” and the ability to “make one heck of a mess” is important? They’re your bullets and dead coyotes so it’s your decision on the outcome. I’m curious to know why more carnage is the priority?

My personal view is just the opposite. I would rather have them lying there just as dead in perfect condition. Maybe I’m a weirdo? 😕
You’re a weirdo for sure. Just joking. lol. I take some longer shots with my thermal, over 300, and being precise can be tough. I’m looking to prevent the runners with gut shots.

Back