4th Annual All Ohio Hunt.

coyotex

Ok folks,,,we are gonna hit some new stomping grounds this year.

One area i hear good things about is Salt fork state park...link http://www.stateparks.com/salt_fork.html

This is in the middle of ohio,s Sasquatch Triangle....maybe we can hang some big fur!!.

Chime in if youve hunted it,,,,looking at here or near cinncinati area.

Target date Feb.2012

X

as long as we dont get attacked by zombies i think we will be ok but i am sure there will be ARs aplenty to dispatch any that show up.

I have not hunted there but would like to get in on one of these hunts if my work allows. I have been there a few times to the cabins in the park itself and its a great area. I will say that I recently was given a link to new place that rents cabins, its called Saltforkcabins.com, the cabins look great and they seem to be priced reasonable.

Id like to make it again. Seems like life always gets in the way.

Id like to come up for maybe 2 nites, we will see. Not gonna say for sure yet though

Wish I could make it over to hunt with you all this year, but work had us working doubles to catch up from the rainy season. Good luck and good hunting.

I live near Cincinnati and honestly the closest thing that i would recommend to hunt near hear is Shawnee, and thats about 2 hours away from cincy...haha. It sucks around here...too many dang people. I hunt East Fork State park often, but they have recently started trying to make it almost a tourist place putting walking trails in everywhere where i hunt. So i will be gearing up to head into call and i have a family pull up in an SUV and get out to go for walk or ride bikes...

Originally Posted By: Smokin250I live near Cincinnati and honestly the closest thing that i would recommend to hunt near hear is Shawnee, and thats about 2 hours away from cincy...haha. It sucks around here...too many dang people. I hunt East Fork State park often, but they have recently started trying to make it almost a tourist place putting walking trails in everywhere where i hunt. So i will be gearing up to head into call and i have a family pull up in an SUV and get out to go for walk or ride bikes...

There are "good spots" in and near park property but at present all the tillage land has either soybeans waist high or corn about 7-8 ft high on it. The large "ex-farm" my partner and I intended on hunting, the Yotes would have to be built like giraffes to be seen in the soybeans. That will have to wait till harvest time...*sigh*

I say we take a day trip up to salt fork and scout it,,,maybe make a few sets while we are there....i got a couple weeks vacation coming up.

X

Its been looked at....bad thing about it,,only parts of it allows hunting,,and its not marked well.

It also gets hit pretty hard by houndsmen im told.

X

Back