.17 Rem or .17-204?

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: Winny Fanhttp://www.hornady.com/support/availability

Link updated

This might actually work out for me.
I bought 500 20gr V-Max back before the sky started falling but can't get em to shoot in my Cooper.
Maybe I'll become a hoarder/gouger.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: K22After doing more research and asking some 17-223 owners how there 17-223 compares to the 17 Rem. it seems the claim that the 17-223 is much faster then the 17 Rem. and is close to the 17-204 is just not true. Had me scratching my head there for awhile.
crazy.gif

Both the 17 Rem and thr 17-223 have the same case capacity - they are ballistically, the exact same cartridge - they just don't fit in the other's chamber.

This what I was always told. I did hear of some mystical 223 LC brass that allows super sonic velocities for any and all 17 cal. bullets. I need some of those.
wink.gif

Reading all this stuff made me go out and shoot my 17-204 again just for grins. This 100 yard, 5 shot group will work I reckon.
smile.gif

Looks like the 1st shot, a clean cold bore, pulled out of the group a little. This is with Varget instead of Big Game powder. Going to have to chrono this one again, because I can't find my notes on it.

Very good group Diogee. What's the specs on your 17-204?
Sometimes using colloidal graphite can get rid of cold bore flyers.

It is just a CZ527 Varmint in 17 Rem that I had the gunsmith punch out to 17-204 with a Leupold VariX II 3x9x40.

I still have some 30 Nagals so I might shoot it today with those.

Originally Posted By: DiogeeIt is just a CZ527 Varmint in 17 Rem that I had the gunsmith punch out to 17-204 with a Leupold VariX II 3x9x40.

I still have some 30 Nagals so I might shoot it today with those.

I would say that you have a keeper Diogee. I wish I had a bunch of 30gr. Nagels.
frown.gif

Those Leupold VariX II and the newer ones are one tough scope.

Back