I witnessed Watson's wizardry

River Runner

...and it's pretty simple stuff too. One meal a day and two hours sleep. Brings more critters then you care to keep.

I got the honors of going down to Texas and hunting with Watson and Buker while they did some filming for Hunting the Night Shift2 this past weekend.

Lemme tell ya this redneck Watson can call critters and there's plenty of them there to be called.
Our first night out 21 coyotes came trotting in to the mesmerizing tone of Watson piercing the night as he stood below me and the chair wailing in distress.

I managed to put six of the 21 to rest and two more he ended up shotgunning because I was trying to think of a name for em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The remaining either hobbled off half maimed or I plumb missed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I think I ruined my barrel Randy. That's how all the misses came about. I mean it was like Prairie Doggin for a while there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

By the third night Watson took us to some Bobcat country and proceeded to whimper in 12 or 13 cats.
We don't have many cats in my country so this was a frenzy that left my jung hung.

I claimed my first cat that night and both Randy's had to damnear jack me in the britches to get me to shoot I was so awe struck. Ya could have reached out and rung the cats neck it was so close. It walked up to the truck and...ahhhhh I better leave that part out. Wait for the video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Buker got in the chair that night and wound up with a pair of cats to skin. I never did like him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They both got some unbelievable footage for their video and I need to say thanks again to both for having me along. Participating in that type of night hunting was something that up until now I was only able to read about

jimcat.jpg

txyotes.jpg

txcats.jpg

We all had a ton of fun and I snuck out a snipit of sound from their footage I wanted you all to here. NightShift2.wav

Thanks pal, you can bet your pony tail, you will be back. I really enjoyed your company,I like it when people make me laugh. I enjoyed watching you shoot....a lot.. anyway, glad you had a good time. Randy

thats quite the song guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sounds like ya'll had a blast. Wish there were that many critter to whack round here in Pa.

Looks like that dark moon phase and a cold night(it appears) really paid off in dividends. Congratulations! Can't wait for the DVD to hit the shelf.

Hey Dog!!!! I gotta' place for you buddy,,,the coyotes are thick and dumb as your brother...hahaha. Sorry Chris, just kidding, they are really pretty smart, but we can take 'em. Come on down!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Super pics, River Runner! Watson can run n' gun better than anybody I know, and the kills he and his clients rack up on a consistent basis prove it! (along with you and Buker's bloodshot eyes!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nice to have met you and I look forward to checking out that tanning video when it's done!

Take care and God Bless,

Rusty

I hate you guys. I never saw 12 bobcats in my whole short life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Those cats look pretty good to me.

I am really glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. Bout time you got out for some well deserved fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Randys'
Man you guys have more coyotes and cats than I ever dreamed to see here in Pennsylvania.

Great hunting and Great pics.

I just listened to the sound clip. ummmmm.................................................................................................................wait I'm wiping a tear from my eye............................oh! there 's another 'un. ............Beautiful, simply beautiful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW Is that what called those cats in??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sounds like a good time had!
icon14.gif

One question though, why is that guy in the first pic all bundled up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I know it gets awfull chilly up there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Watson's a class act, and heck on the local predator population, hey what a minute I dont know whether I should laugh or cry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

That's not what called em in Redfrog, but we got it memorized cause Watson cranked it on the CD player every time another one went down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tommy, Trying to adjust to that schedule had me MORE then cold on them Texas nights. Im glad we didn't get drunk.

river
is the for sale sign in the yard yet. Id think you'd be movin to texas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . Or did the rednecks give your long haired yankee ass to hard of a time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif . I read in Randys post that you can bet your pony tail on it so you must have brought it home. glad you had a great safe trip.
Sportingly
Cracker

I had a great time down there too. And, yes, River Runner still has his horse's a.. Er, um, I mean pony tail. We told him he'd have to shave his head if he wanted to star in our video but he declined. So, instead, I promised to dedicate our entire blooper section to him.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jim is a good natured sort of guy. That's a good thing for as much razzing as he got when he'd miss, he wouldn't have survived long if he got his feelings hurt.

I've got a ton of pics but don't have a clue anymore about posting pics. Maybe some day I'll learn and put them up here.

I also got to spend a night hunting with Rusty Holt. He is an outstanding hunter and a heck of a nice guy too. This was my second night to hunt with him and let me tell you it was a pleasure.

The problem with being treated with so much fun and hospitality is that now Rusty and Randy probably have to deal with me every year.

In fact, I may have to make a new video every year so I have an excuse to go down and see those guys.

Thanks Rusty and Randy for the great time. Thanks River Runner for the great humor!

Randy

No need to thank me, the pleasure was mine and you're welcome up in my killin' chair anytime.
I do wish the animals would have moved more for us that night, but we still managed to call in a few cats and coyotes.

I'm still thankful you don't have pics or video of me crawling over that rickety barbed wire fence! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Take care and stay warm up there!

Rusty

Congrats on the great hunting guys. I can’t wait to see “Hunting the Night Shift part two.” I sure enjoyed part one. Any idea when it will be finished?

Twenty one coyotes in one night!! Twelve or thirteen bobcats another? Damn!! God DID bless Texas!!

That’s it I am moving! LOL

Good hunting.

Q,

Q, you stay put. We don't need these coyotes to be put on the endangered species list. You do need to make a trip down here to night hunt, though....you seem like the kinda fella that doesn't value sleep all that much....you'd be perfect! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keep us posted on your kill total....you've been on a roll, dude!

Take care,

Rusty

Back