Fantastic price on Speer 52g HP,1989 pricing!

Sounds like a great price!
Only Speer Bullets I have used are 150g DEEPCURL FN, for my Marlin Lever in 30-30.
Shoot so well, there was no point in trying anything else.
36.9g of Lever-evolution powder / CCI BR2`s

My best load for a Ruger #1 in .22-250 was this bullet and H4895/35.0. This load was terrific on groundhogs. Usually there was no exit wound and when I picked up the pig it would slosh from internal damage.

Have you ever tried those on prairie dogs, Keith? I am not hurting for bullets but I just hate to pass up a bargain like that. I doubt if they got the red mist effect of the Vmax or to a slightly lesser effect the Ballistic Tips but if result in DRT kills then I just may have to get some some.

I did shoot some years ago but only on paper. They shot well seems like.

If they preform anything like the TNT, they are a great bullet. As for red mist...I don't think it's going to be bad...just not as POOF.

Thanks from me too. Just ordered 2K. These shoot great in my ARs under 25 grs of Accurate 2230. Now I have to find some Accurate 2230 which I haven't seen for years.

Welcome to Predator Masters new member..
a couple places to keep an eye on are; precision reloading, and powder valley, a couple of the less hunted places anyway,..IME..

Originally Posted By: ackleymanI have shot many, many thousands of these on p. dogs, ground squirrels, and jack rabbits. They work well in 223's and 22/250's!!!

And the 220 Swift
wink.gif
I burnt up my first Swift with these thing's!!! they do a fine job on coyotes too...

Thanks for the tip! just picked up a thousand never tryed these bullets but with all the great reviews and price had to get some.should make good plinking rounds at least.

Back