Fantastic price on Speer 52g HP,1989 pricing!

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSI've never shot a speer bullet before. I hope they group good.

All Speer bullets I have loaded do. And I know Kevin shoots a bit of them.

Shipping seems high. # 20.00 shipping to my place. Still that is 10.2 cents per round. Cost about 17.0 cents per round in local stores. Made the purchase 10.4 cents @ round.

Last edited:
Mine was 98.38 which equates to 9.83 cents a piece. Not to bad a price. I agrre shipping is on high side but still cheaper than locally.

So I bought a thousand of these should be here tomorrow. I have some h335 and benchmark powder. I do not have a Speer reloading book. Have a nosler and hornady book checked hodgdon no data on this bullet. Any body got a starting point for benchmark or h335 and C.O.A.L. for 223

Paid 102.62 for a 1000 to my door shipping was high.still not a bad price really. Comes out to 10.26 cents a bullet should have got 2000 would have been cheaper. But never shot Speer bullets.looks like shipping is the same price for 2000 as 1000 according to the shipping calculator on the site.

Last edited:
Solo you should like them. I reloaded 100 and used them to shoot coyotes. FPS around 3200 in my 223. They worked great if I didn't shoot the coyotes in the rear end. Side shots 1 hole--DRT. I will use these on P.D.'s. Cheaper the V-max and sounds like they work on the little doggies!!
Speer manual show C.O.L. for 223 using 52gr.hp at 2.200". H335 Starting load at 24.5. Max load at 26.5 Also the book indicates that should use CCI Magnum primer used with this powder. I don't have information for Benchmark, my book isn't new enough. I never have used H335 so I was surprised about the magnum primers. Use this information at your own discretion, it was taken directly from the Speer reloading manual.

Last edited:
Thank you Rudymontana! I have several pounds of h335 on the shelf. rite out of the manual is what I was looking for. Like the extreme powders for the less temp sensitivity part. But h335 has been good stuff it will get me thru the winter or I find the Speer manual. Tryed to find the newer Speer manual but non of the shops around me have one.

Last edited:
The Speer 52 HP is poison on yotes. My wife watched me shoot a coyote when we were still dating, 22-250 with that bullet. She said it looked like someone jerked a carpet out from under it. It was the first time she had seen any animal shot, and she was impressed.

Pretty good bullet for prairie dogs, but the BC isnt as good as a V-Max.

Any preference for these 52 speers over the 55 hornady soft point for and all purpose bullet? Basically pests target and plinking. And maybe self defense if ever needed. For use in an ar15 rifle. I picked up some 55 hornadys for the same price pretty much a month ago.

Sale is over, was going to pick up more myself. have an ar I just got not to long ago. went out and shot some of these, tightest group I have shot out of it yet, went from about moa from several other bullet weights and manufacturers. To half moa with these 52 gr hp and just started but a 1000 should last me a while!

Last edited:
I recieved my bullets. it looks to be a larger hollow point than others. I wonder if it will tear up coyotes more or less because of it?

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSI recieved my bullets. it looks to be a larger hollow point than others. I wonder if it will tear up coyotes more or less because of it?

My experience with these bullets in my 223 shows them to be very good on pelts. Im next going to try them in my 22-250 to see how they perform at higher velocities. If you are going to run them in the 220 Swift you had a thread on please keep us posted.

I have had mixed results with the 52 Berger HP in my 22-250 and am hoping these bullets may decrase pelt damage.

Back