Best predator hunting pickup truck

I too like Tacomas and yet I also like big Fords.... Can you tell?
wink.gif

2_Trucks_DW.jpg

seems to me that we're living in a bit of a golden age when it comes to hunting trucks. Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Nissan & Toyota as make some good looking trucks and the technology in them is stunning. My 98 Chevy seems quite primitive in comparison.

Jeep remains in the game for smaller gizmos & may bring that retro beast to the market. I think my friend is right when he says "they can sell as many of those as they want to make".

There's a fair variety of 4WD SUV's to pick from for those who don't want a truck as well.

This was my Dodge, 1998 Ram built to the hilt to go anywhere. Sadly, the wife says we are too old to be climbing in to something like this nowadays. My current rig is stock but that old Dodge was fun to drive...anywhere!

I've never had one but saw a few back in the day....

The Jeep Scrambler
1982-Jp-Scrambler-rt-sd-color.jpg

I imagine that most of them look a little more like this these days...
maxresdefault.jpg

$bob$

I have a 08 Tundra but it's a crewmax version so it's less than ideal to bring on some of the smaller trails. I have an older Honda Passport that still runs great that I usually bring.

If I had a choice I'd probably get a Tacoma.

FYI Toyota has anounced a revamped Tacoma due out in 2016.Look's a lot like the Tundra.It's getting an all new 6cyl with the other changes.

I confused as to the Tacoma's I've been seeing.

Most are smaller trucks, about the same size as a Nissan Frontier. But I've been seeing some that look newer & they look to be about as big as my K1500. did they make a major change to the body in recent years?

Some years back the Taco got slightly bigger but not much.About the same size as the second generation Tundra.The new Taco should be out late summer-fall.

I managed to park next to one last week. While it sits almost as high as mine & looks beefier, it's not as wide & gives up space in both the cab & bed, in comparison to mine.

They are good looking trucks though.

Back