Best predator hunting pickup truck

I spent the day pulling a dash assembly from a suburban. I still have to pull mine & install this one.

I've pretty much decided that I'd rather spend $40,000 than do this...

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI spent the day pulling a dash assembly from a suburban. I still have to pull mine & install this one.

I've pretty much decided that I'd rather spend $40,000 than do this...

I did just that.

IMG_20150302_124610_945_zpsqqfmmlfk.jpg

I haven't seen nearly as many issues since around 93-94, whenever they came out with the Tacoma. I believe they started galvanizing their sheet metal then.

I've decided that the best way to hide a truck is to hide it in plain sight.

The coyotes around here think that my 1953 Chevy has been sitting in the field for the last forty-five years......they'll run right by it because it looks like every other truck that has been left to rust.

It may not be the best hunting truck, but after 62 years of continuous service who is saying that it can't go another 62??

The APC pro staff hunting truck works pretty good. It's a 1990 BMY M923A2 6x6. I can carry all the gear and ATV's we need. It also doubles as tent by adding a couple cots in the back.. Heck it even has a deep water fording kit installed making it good for crossing ponds or rivers to 11 feet deep
ohmy.gif

m923a2apjones1x.jpg

i love my 96 toyota 4 runner! has great 4wd and the rear locker never hurts. plenty of room to store my all my crap and if i want to go on longer hunts i can just fold down the seats and sleep in the back.
i threw a hitch basket in the back for holding bloody and or stinky things and it works great!

if im going anywhere far like this i will throw a tarp over top of them for the benefit of the sensitive folk. if your wondering thats 9 dogs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWSNot a P/U but for me the best hunting rig I've owned. 2010 Ford E-150 Cargo van with posi-traction, it has all 3/4 T running gear under it. I rigged it out with a power vent, a 36" bunk, a table and seats that convert to another 27" bunk for when I hunt with a buddy, cabinets , clothes racks , locking gun locker, fishing rod racks, electric & gas heat, and port-a-potti. With good chains, a HD comalong/winch and the posi it is a pretty much go anywhere machine. I've spent up to 6 months of the year staying in it hunting and fishing.

Bird and coyote hunting in MT, the trailer holds four dogs and is a great dry, warm place for them with a power vent on the roof for warm weather. Two of us stay in the truck and use the tent for a cook shack and lounging at night.

My little duck boat slides in the back, the motor stows along side, the doors still close, the bunk and table are still useable.

?
Now that's what I'm talking about... Great Do All Rig.... got anymore pictures...

This is Pretty close to BEST in my opinion. http://www.boyceequipment.com/?gclid=CJ2-2vnevMQCFRSPfgodVg8ABw#!other-trucks/cn43

Have owned jeep station wagon and wrangler; IIRC, the jeep pickup rear axle was a tad wider than front so you were essentially cutting two sets of ruts. Could be why they were less popular than the wranglers.

Regards,
hm

Back