Remington 700 ADLs on clearance at Walmart for $377.00

Roger London

The local Wally World had their all black Rem. 700s on clearance for $377.00 w/probable throw away scope. I couldn't resist snagging a .223 to play with. I will probably end up slapping it in a boyd's camo laminate sometime in the near future and put a better scope on it.

Originally Posted By: Roger LondonThe local Wally World had their all black Rem. 700s on clearance for $377.00 w/probable throw away scope. I couldn't resist snagging a .223 to play with. I will probably end up slapping it in a boyd's camo laminate sometime in the near future and put a better scope on it.

Good call,,,, one of my favorite rifle's is a bargain basement 700/223 in a Boyds stock..
Don't like the finish, but I sure like the way it shoots.

Crow Sniper Danville, KY store has there's for $377 as well as the camo stocked ADL's for $297 and BDL custom deluxe for $597. I get sad every time I sell one as I paid $419 for mine!

Last edited:
Wish I had some money to play with right now. I'd snag a couple of those $297 ADL's just for future projects.

- DAA

I haven't seen any of the camo ones locally. I think the smallest caliber the camo ones come in is .243. The black ones I know come in .223 & .243 cause that's what the local wally world had. Odd that the camo ones are so much less. I would think retail on those would be higher. Camo stuff usually is.

My question is....and this is something I've often wondered about....are the Walmart guns any different from guns sold at other stores? I ask this because I've been told for a long time that they are, that Walmart guns are often times special runs made exclusively for them, and have slight differences from standard run firearms. I know that Model 700 Remingtons come in a lot of different configurations and grades, all the way from the big store ADL's to the custom shop rifles. I have an SPS 700, and the bolt is nowhere near as smooth on it as it is on my LVSF, or my 700 Mountain Rifle. I also have a 1970's Model 700, and it's a much smoother action than any of the newer ones I own. Now, back to the original question....what do some of you think about the Walmart Remington 700's, and do you have any experiences with them.

Originally Posted By: kymailman98I have an SPS 700, and the bolt is nowhere near as smooth on it as it is on my LVSF, or my 700 Mountain Rifle.

There is a difference in the quality of the SPS versus the LVSF. Unless I am mistaken, you pay for the difference also.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: kymailman98I have an SPS 700, and the bolt is nowhere near as smooth on it as it is on my LVSF, or my 700 Mountain Rifle.

There is a difference in the quality of the SPS versus the LVSF. Unless I am mistaken, you pay for the difference also.

I realize that, and that's why there is a price difference (and a big one too) between a matte finish SPS and a stainless finish rifle that has a jeweled bolt, such as the Mountain Rifle. But, I am somewhat concerned that a Walmart ADL just might not be of the same quality as one you would buy somewhere else. I know that on some items that Walmart sells, the item is especially made for them, with slight differences that allow them to sell that item at a lower price.

Originally Posted By: kyyotestalkerI can tell you with 100% certainty that ALL Wal-Mart firearms are the Same quality as you will buy from any where else!

Thanks, I just don't have any experience with buying firearms from Walmart, and to be honest, when I see something that I think is underpriced, I am a little concerned. As much as I like Remington Model 700's, and I have a number of them, I know that there is a difference in fit and finish between the lower end ones and the higher end models. I guess the only thing to do is just to check it out for myself.

The Walmart rifles are the same quality. I bought several of them about 5 years ago on clearance for $250. They shot less than 1" groups. No company is going to deliberately ship out an inferior rifle to certain companies with their name on it.

A lot of the other items at Walmart are an exception. Walmart has it made in China and pays to put someones name on it. I have bought several items that were bad. When I contacted the company they were the ones that gave me that information.

They're no different, but walmart won't deal with any problems on any guns. If you have an issue you'll have to go to the manufacturer to resolve it.

A 700 ADL at Walmart is no different then a 700 ADL at Cabelas. Walmart orders by the truck load and that is why they sell them so cheap. The only problem with buying a gun at Walmart is, around here anyways, that the gun counter guys their are such a PITA to deal with.

black friday ad says all guns will be 20% off fri - sat. If you could score an ADL at another 20% that would be screaming...

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishblack friday ad says all guns will be 20% off fri - sat. If you could score an ADL at another 20% that would be screaming...

Stu,
they did that here last year and called it a "manager's special".
Out-the-door price including tax for the black ADL was $353 and some change.

Back