FLIR LS64 Vs FLIR PS-32

Yeh that one is awesome but I'm a little tight on budget now lol. This is a very expensive hobby, but it sure is worth it!

I'm just dying to get some of my hunts on film!

don't think it's waterproof either like the other one. I hooked the Flir up to the composite video input on the TV and had 60 inches of Flir!
lol.gif
it was a little grainy but I didn't think to mess with the TV resolution settings when I had it hooked up. I will have to try that later. at least I know it works.
smile.gif

i tried hooking up the spi m1d thermal camera and the flir ps32 both 320x240 to 2 different tv's and the picture wasn't great either. i hooked it up to a 6 and 8 inch monitor and small tv and that is perfect size for me. i think the picture quality has a lot to do with the resolution of the thermal device.

If anyone else has hooked up the flir to tv's or monitors pleas share your image quality results.

thanks

Okay....FLIR PS32 Hotshoe Project done. It need some refinements but I am done for the day.
uxdi66B.jpg

if6TYrZ.jpg

GUXYL4I.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shurshotvery interesting design Gman! what did you make it out of?

It's made out of Starboard. A plastic product used in the marine industry a lot. I use it when I am mounting electronics or other things on my boats. You can get whatever thickness you need just like plywood and it comes in different colors.

You can find it at marine supply stores like West Marine or buy it online.

http://www.boatoutfitters.com/king-starboard-cut-to-size.html?gclid=CM38kcqq2LUCFWhyQgodN2QA0w

Last edited:
I am considering making one from plexiglass just because I have some 1/4" I can use... mine works fine but I enjoyed making it so I am going to make another one but different.

I will have to break out the power tools to make my initial cuts. maybe I will work on it tomorrow. we will see if anyone else comes up with more designs.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliThe production teams are doing great.
lol.gif
..Now we need a model that can me mounted to a tripod after it has the hotshoe on.

Mr B....

The lanyard ring is screwed into a 1/4x20 stainless "T" nut. You could just mount the tripod there.

Also .....The contacts are held in place by spring tension but I need to rework the shape of the screw heads to conform to the angle of the unit.

ZlFpXit.jpg

Last edited:
Back