FLIR LS64 Vs FLIR PS-32

Screen would go gray after a couple of minutes of being turned on. Resolution never did appear much better than what most people were seeing with the ps-32. Flir did replace it with a new unit that I sold before opening the box.

SPI told me that they were seeing issues with almost 10% of the FLIR units they sold (I think we would here of more problems if it were really that high).

I ended up buying a MTM insight with 3x lens for scanning.

Hello again

After using my new LS64 , I can clearly say I like it very much.

It even made me spot an animal 2 nights ago and I shot it down ( yes, an animal because I have never seen something like this, it looks like a Wolf + Dog + Jackal) but it is none of them ...

Anybody know what this is ?
5c6m.jpg

SECONDLY, I have seen some of you made some hot shoes for the LS64, since I suck at Electronics can I ask one of you to make a nice hot shoe for me as well ? I am ready pay for all costs + shipping + workmanship + you name it
smile.gif

Pls revert

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doublecheese
SECONDLY, I have seen some of you made some hot shoes for the LS64, since I suck at Electronics can I ask one of you to make a nice hot shoe for me as well ? I am ready pay for all costs + shipping + workmanship + you name it
smile.gif

Pls revert

LS64 no video output on the bottom pins
frown.gif
. I checked with a o-scope only charging connections. The ps24/32 has video on the bottom pins for a hot shoe.

Originally Posted By: Hard_wareOriginally Posted By: doublecheese
smile.gif

Pls revert

frown.gif
. I checked with a o-scope only charging connections. The ps24/32 has video on the bottom pins for a hot shoe.

Oh really ? I thought people were getting video output already with the LS64

Originally Posted By: Hard_wareOriginally Posted By: doublecheese
smile.gif

Pls revert

frown.gif

Hi I think you are wrong on those bottom pins. Because I went to a local electronics shop today and the guy working there managed to get video output from the LS64 alright.

He is now making a hot shoe for me , I will post pictures later on.

I hope so. I did not try to pull outputs low with a 75ohm resistor to see if they float high with no load as the oscope has a very high impedance to not load a circuit down. I did not need to load the circuit with the ps24 so I did not want to try it with the ls64. I didn't want to risk damaging a circuit I am not sure how it is setup. $5K a little too much to play with and risk damage
laugh.gif

so you didn't try the shoe you made for the PS32? seems odd they would change that portion of the unit when the housing is the same but I don't have one to try.

For those who are wondering which pins are for video check the below picture.

V is for video and you can see the (-) and (+) marked with pencil. Follow the line under V for minus and plus on the other side.

g27q.jpg

My electronics guy is making a hot shoe for me and he will make a plastics tooling for it so it would look stock.

Used a resistor to load the circuit and video output
laugh.gif

The ps24 did not need the load resistor 220ohm. Circuit stays high on oscope without a load. Ps 24 hotshoe with 220ohm resistor added across video + & -
Depending on the devices circuit you hookup to, you may not need the resistor, I could get the ps24 to work but not the ls64 till I added the resistor.

Last edited:
Thanks! Thanks to double cheese for the added push to try to make it work. Not sure why, but the hotshoe with my dvd recorder worked with the ps24 and no video with the ls64. Now with the added resistor I can record from both units. Going to order a portable dvr for recording some kill shots
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hard_wareThanks! Thanks to double cheese for the added push to try to make it work. Not sure why, but the hotshoe with my dvd recorder worked with the ps24 and no video with the ls64. Now with the added resistor I can record from both units. Going to order a portable dvr for recording some kill shots
laugh.gif

Great to hear that.....

I went to the electronics shop again a few hours ago and this is what it looked like by then so far.
2al2.jpg

He says he will make a plastic mould over it and it would be very strong and stock look.

I have no idea on how it will look when it is finished, i left to his own imagination.

Regarding the dvr unit I have this one,
8oj5.jpg

it is very rugged, has a color LCD screen and has a hd camera of itself if needed.

I was already using this to record videos from my Flir T360 and Flir PathfindIR.

And I can clearly say this is a perfect dvr device but I don't know if it is sold in the U.S.

You can google it.

Originally Posted By: the impactzonelet us know how well it works I would be interested in one

It works
smile.gif

Will post pictures of the hot shoe tomorrow, cos now I have some friends over for a PS3 PES 2013 soccer game.....

b9o5.jpg

Last edited:
Back