FLIR LS64 Vs FLIR PS-32

Not yet, but I will set up a tripod and camera and take some photos from the PS-32 and LS-64 at the same distances out to 300 yards, but it is going to take another couple of weeks to get this done as I am gone racing for the next week....

Daytona%20Finish%202009WEB.jpg

Still have not had time to set up a side by side photo shoot.

However, the LS64 has 4X the numbers of pixels that the PS-32 has, which increases its clearness and resolution by a factor of 4.

With that said, if you need to detect any animal out to 300 yards, the PS-32 will do that real good for you.

Using the LS-64 at that range, you will not only be able to detect those animals but most likely identify the animal species.

If you have access to large sections (hundreds of acres) of open unobstructed lane, the LS-64 will increase your range considerably.

Been using the 24, with great success. Just like the fact that if any critter is within 1000yds it will be detected. With 4x the pixels and 4x gain. Should be big improvement for ID especially. How would you compare the ls64 to the t50 for ID purpose

I am really looking forward to my new FLIR LS-64!

I was going to sell my PS32, it had a scratch in the objective lense (Because somebody dropped it!) and i told Flir exactly what happened to it and they said they would replace it once is was received in their plant.
They even gave me a Fedex 2 day shipping number as well as them covering the insurance.

I was trying to get $2400 and no bites so i decided i will keep it as a back up to the LS-64. I rarely hunt alone in Nebraska and having another spotter is always good!

Using both the PS-32 and the LS-64 will certainly double the amount of thermal signatures that you pick up with two hunters, somebody is always asking me what I see or if they can use it while we are out....

Well I ordered a new LS-64 myself. I'm going to keep the PS32 for a back up and for buddies that hunt with me sometimes that don't have their own NV gear.I have to figure out how to intercept the UPS package before my wife figures out its more NV gear and kills me! I almost ordered a mini Thor 2X thermal scope but after hunting this weekend and really giving it some thought I mainly need thermal for detection/spotting I have NV gear for shooting both NV scopes and helmet mount PVS-14/BNVD with IR lasers.Having postive ID for shooting is very important for us as we have livestock on the property.

Here is pic of difference. Imagine the 6x zoom. I've been thinking weapon sight or ls64. The ls64 has a much better resolution. I am waiting to get killed too
laugh.gif

ls64_zps0dcc2634.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hard_wareHere is pic of difference. Imagine the 6x zoom. I've been thinking weapon sight or ls64. The ls64 has a much better resolution. I am waiting to get killed too
laugh.gif

ls64_zps0dcc2634.jpg

Did you take these pics yourself?

Vic

No found pic on ebay server and downloaded. Seller is bestprice4uperiod. Not sure who took photo. But looks good! Has to be image capture from video out pins on bottom. The ps24 looks much better on a larger screen as well. I am going to try and capture some video from my ms24 video out to see how a screen shot looks. If you can beat msrp price on the ls64 pm me, I am looking to get killed by the wife for buying one
laugh.gif

Last edited:
My LS-64 doesn't come close to matching the pictures above. Good news is FLIR is going to replace it with a new one, do to multiple problems with unit.

FLIR is top notch! They shipped me a replacement, when I received it I then returned my unit. I didn't miss 1 minute without the unit.

My LS-64 is working very good.

This morning before dawn I compared the PS-32 to the LS-64.

The LS-64 has a very noticeable increase in resolution and clarity out to 350 yards (max distance I could see this morning) and the 2X magnification has zero image degradation making it very clear at that range. The 4X magnification has some image degradation but is still very good.

The PS-32 worked fine at 350 yards too with a little less clarity than the LS-64 but not bad, however at 2X magnification the PS-32 loses allot of clarity. You can still detect things @ 350 yards without any problem but you can no longer ID them.

With the LS-64 at 350 yards on 4X I can tell the difference between a squirrel, a raccoon, an armadillo, and a possum, with the PS-32 they all look alike.

With the LS-64 @ 350 yards I can easily tell the difference between a deer, hog, or coyote, with the PS-32 I know they are there but I do not know what they are.

I wish FLIR would release a connector that would allow video from the PS32/LS64 models since it seems the pins on bottom do work for video now.

I made getto connector from pc board. I hookup a 7 inch monitor to use while driving around scanning fields. Brightness, contrast, and sharpness are all adjustable.

Back