LED Hunting Lights

Ok, after reading the entire thread a couple of times I finally ordered the headlight from the first page, along with the #1 storm king cover. I hate not having the cool stuff everyone talks about.

I was gonna get another LED light, but I have a good Surefire I think I can make into a gun light, figure as long as I have it it cant hurt to try.

Now off to a craft store to look for gel paper.

Bye Bye Q-Beam and Deep Cycle 12v Battery.

Lt.

are you guys putting on/off tailcaps with remote switches on the dealextreme shooting lights or just using the on/off button that they come with?

I got 3 more headlights in the mail today, definatly suprised how small, and bright they are,
thanks HAPPYYOTER,and SMILINB ,for tipping us off to these headlights, they are brighter then my SUNBURST eagle 2+2,and way lighter weight
thumbup.gif
thats what is great about these websites, guys sharing information, on what works, and what doesnt work.

James

Originally Posted By: HoustonPDLtDoes it have to be gel paper? What about the plastic report covers at office depot? Will they get to hot?

I haven't seen a LED light yet that gives off any heat.

When I first got my headlamp I left it on high for 30 minutes in the house and it got pretty warm to the touch. I've checked it as I'm out hunting and it's never been warm, but I haven't had it out in temps above 25 degrees.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pmackWhen I first got my headlamp I left it on high for 30 minutes in the house and it got pretty warm to the touch. I've checked it as I'm out hunting and it's never been warm, but I haven't had it out in temps above 25 degrees.

Same. Shouldn't be an issue for winter. My bowfishing setup might be a problem if it's in the 80's. I'm choosing a light with bright enough low setting that it won't overheat. Hopefully.

I just got mine in the mail today too. This thing is sweet and now I'm ordering it for 2 guys that work with me.
lol.gif
I read in here where you should buy two because your buddy is going to want one.... I should have listened. As for the gel paper question I just bought the blizzard #1 and colored it red with a sharpie, it works just fine. I think I'm going to buy more so I can have more colors.

want some more options? These are supposed to be serious throwers. A couple have free shipping. Some do come in one mode. You just have to ask the seller. Lots of bulb options. The lights are tested for impact and underwater.

Yezl

Last edited:
i know...i would buy American if i was still making 70k a year...but...the American made surefire etc...lights have little to choose from..and i hate the 123a battery's.

Back