LED Hunting Lights

Originally Posted By: Takemfound a brinyte uf900 that you can choose the modes and bulb color. They have white, yellow and blue. Yellow interests me. Refector says mill finish. Shipping is 23 bucks though and the light is 34. Little pricey. Ill pm the link for that one. Don't want them getting any emails telling them to stop selling to US.

Please send Pm. Thanks

Originally Posted By: jarheadhunterOriginally Posted By: Takemfound a brinyte uf900 that you can choose the modes and bulb color. They have white, yellow and blue. Yellow interests me. Refector says mill finish. Shipping is 23 bucks though and the light is 34. Little pricey. Ill pm the link for that one. Don't want them getting any emails telling them to stop selling to US.

Please send Pm. Thanks

Me too plz

It said mill finish. Not sure what that means. I emailed him so we'll see. It says 500 meter throw. So maybe it is.

Last edited:
I found a UF900 Q3 for $25 free shipping. One picture shows a smooth reflector the other picture looks like orange peel You have to really look these over.

Hey guys I have a question I know that has been beaten to death. I am going to order a gun light. I want to know to either go with the kill xl250 or the one you say to but from dealtime that is comparible. I myself have always found a colored bulb is better than the cover or paper over them. Please let me know if there is a difference in brightness or performance. This is being used mainly for coyotes and only the red color is what I am interested in .I am sure some of you have both. Thanks Mike

Last edited:
mike,
I am trying a couple of lights out right now. I would say you are definatly right about the colored bulbs. espacially the red. It all depends on what you want. If you want the brightest light possible the colored bulb is the way to go. If you want a light that is not quite as bright then it would be fine to use a white light with a filter. It all depends on what you want to use the light for.

Last edited:
Most places I hunt it is 100 yds or less. I do not have that luxury of the long range areas to hunt where I am at. I use a shotgun mostly at night. I would take a small caliber rifle as long as the light will identify targets that far.

got 1 of my scanning lights in the mail today, waiting on the other 3, I ordered on Feb 13th, I cant complain about the shipping time, must be that Mr Me Go Slow, found a quicker way across that river
blink.gif
hope the other 3 show up tomorrow,
thumbup.gif

LOL... you guys....LOL ... I think Happy and Smilin created a monster... you all got so many good lights going right now... I'm not even sure what i'd order... I love my little ebay 20.00 headlights... but they're like guns... you just want more...

Man O Man... you all got me scratching my head now...

Originally Posted By: kennedy3627mike,
I am trying a couple of lights out right now. I would say you are definatly right about the colored bulbs. espacially the red. It all depends on what you want. If you want the brightest light possible the colored bulb is the way to go. If you want a light that is not quite as bright then it would be fine to use a white light with a filter. It all depends on what you want to use the light for. is the red bulb one a torch or flood? If a torch please pm me a link.

Yea it is confusing. I started years ago fox hunting with the old miners lights and look at the options now. I am like everyone else and am an equipment junkie! I like to make a purchase once though. I am looking to lighten the load. Lately I use a niteblaset 6v headlamp and when shotgunning it is enough light to see and shoot. i would like to lighten the load and increase the shooting distance as well. I have gotten away from the predator hunting the last few years with the gas prices and so on. Any good help and advice on the lights is great.

Last edited:
I was suprised that they didnt ship all 4 of my headlights together
confused.gif
now I am going to learn how to sew
blushing.gif
Im going to sew my headlight onto a baseball hat and do away with that elastic strap.....

Originally Posted By: mikemacHey guys I have a question I know that has been beaten to death. I am going to order a gun light. I want to know to either go with the kill xl250 or the one you say to but from dealtime that is comparible. I myself have always found a colored bulb is better than the cover or paper over them. Please let me know if there is a difference in brightness or performance. This is being used mainly for coyotes and only the red color is what I am interested in .I am sure some of you have both. Thanks Mike

when it comes to red your right...
if you dont mind amber your wrong...i got amber led lights you can easily id to 350 yards...and no flood everywhere...
my buddy has the red 250 put it on a shotgun one night said it was way overkill lighted up everything around him...way to bright...had all eyes stay out about 70 yards...they work fine on a rifle though..i like the amber because the red is super bright and the eyes is about all you can make out sometimes....with the amber i can see the animal and light eyes up further..red does not throw as far as some colors...

being you want red i would go with the xlr250...tons of flood...there 65 dollars to 139 depending on where you buy them...if you look they can be found on the net...and a hunter here sales them...

Originally Posted By: Takemfound a brinyte uf900 that you can choose the modes and bulb color. They have white, yellow and blue. Yellow interests me. Refector says mill finish. Shipping is 23 bucks though and the light is 34. Little pricey. Ill pm the link for that one. Don't want them getting any emails telling them to stop selling to US.

they are out of yellow.

This should give you an idea of how much light is lost by adding a filter. Behind these filters is a light table. I used a light meter to measured the light unfiltered then each filter to find the percentage of light lost by adding a filter. In most cases you are getting less than 25% of the useable light once a filter is added. In the field it doesn't seem to equate to a 75% loss but that's just a judgement call.

With unfiltered light being 100% the filters allowed these percentages through respectively.......
29% 16% 27% 16%
101_0782-1.jpg

These images are with 2 layers of filtration and the percentages...

13% 5% 9% 3%
101_0783.jpg

Back