List your top 7 Predator rifles

I feel that coyotes are a separate class of predator compared to bobcat and fox, and I like a somewhat more authoritative cartridge for coyotes than for the other two.

For coyotes I'd recommend a .22-250 or a .243 in a bolt action rifle, or a 6.8 SPC II or 6.5 Grendel chambered AR-15.

For fox and bobcat I'd go with a .17 Remington to a .223 in a bolt gun, or an AR in .223 or .204 Ruger.

Originally Posted By: RePeteIt's not likely that you'll find a rifle that's capable of thaking Fox and Coyotes at distance, but the 221FB would come as close as any with the right loads.
Since CZ's the only production manufacturer that still chambers in 221, the choice is obvious.

Buy seven of em. LOL

Now that was funny.
lol.gif

For saving pelts and using factory ammo, it does narrow it down. 22mag., 22 Hornet, 221 fireball, or 17 fireball.

Originally Posted By: coyote6974I feel that coyotes are a separate class of predator compared to bobcat and fox, and I like a somewhat more authoritative cartridge for coyotes than for the other two.

That's to true.
No matter how many thousands of times the question's asked, the truth remains that there simply isn't a "one size fits all" caliber (let alone seven of em). Especially when you throw in the heavy cover in the east with the open country out west.

For my needs, I've settled on the 17Rem but there's no Fox in the mix.

Back